What is happening?!

• Thread starter That1Guy13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
That1Guy13

That1Guy13

Assuming everything's in order, if that's the original Mega crop a lot of LED grow have had calcium issues with it. I myself had a calcium problem for the first time ever when I used it as well, that said there's a new megacrop formulation now which supposedly addresses the calcium issue, good luck

I honestly haven’t a clue is there a date on it I can lol at? I didn’t see any. I bought it maybe a week ago. I did read about the new formula having more cal in it but I read that some time after I think it was 12/18 that everything was suppose to be the newer product. Thanks!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I honestly haven’t a clue is there a date on it I can lol at? I didn’t see any. I bought it maybe a week ago. I did read about the new formula having more cal in it but I read that some time after I think it was 12/18 that everything was suppose to be the newer product. Thanks!
Can't say for sure but everyone that I've heard comment since they made the change some months ago has received the new stuff. I personally like the way Greenleaf does business with their free sample, however I did not like their original product. I don't know anything about the new product but I haven't heard any complaints about the new stuff

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Unfortunately woke up this morning to this little guy looking very sickly. Haven’t a clue what’s going on. Any ideas? New to the form so apologies in advance. Thanks!

Looks like Maganese Deficiency. Are using RO water? , If so you will need to add a bit of Cal-mag about once a week during a watering.
Actually I went back and read and that Calcium deficiency didn't happen overnight, not sure if that's what you're suggesting but if you've only had megacrop for a week that is not likely the cause of the issue you have going on

That1Guy13

That1Guy13

Actually I went back and read and that Calcium deficiency didn't happen overnight, not sure if that's what you're suggesting but if you've only had megacrop for a week that is not likely the cause of the issue you have going on

I didn’t notice till today it may have been sooner I honestly can’t say. Yesterday I did a res change and added new water (tap) and about 160grams of megacrop which was the rest of the sample bag. Not sure what’s happening it looks more like a mag def?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

To me it looks more like calcium although could be more than one thing I suppose, I had both Cal and mag issues with the old mega crop but if you're using the new Mega crop it should be fine, maybe you might want to recheck your pH or recalibrate your meter? Not really a hydro guy, only wanted to comment on the mega crop change that they made a few months ago, good luck

That1Guy13

That1Guy13

To me it looks more like calcium although could be more than one thing I suppose, I had both Cal and mag issues with the old mega crop but if you're using the new Mega crop it should be fine, maybe you might want to recheck your pH or recalibrate your meter? Not really a hydro guy, only wanted to comment on the mega crop change that they made a few months ago, good luck

Thanks! It’s weird because I hydrated and recalibrated maybe two weeks ago I also double check everything with the ph drops as well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like Maganese Deficiency. Are using RO water? , If so you will need to add a bit of Cal-mag about once a week during a watering.

Manganese and Magnesium are not the same only some Cal-Mag products contain manganese like Cal-mag plus.

Unfortunately woke up this morning to this little guy looking very sickly. Haven’t a clue what’s going on. Any ideas? New to the form so apologies in advance. Thanks!

I am no deficiency expert but would agree with @MIMedGrower the high levels of calcium probably locked out other nutrients ( magnesium, potassium, manganese , iron) which is why you are seeing what looks like several deficiencies.

That1Guy13

That1Guy13

Update: Well transplanted the one into its little hospital for now least for the 12hrs suggest and see how she does the other in question hasn’t gotten worse looks to be the same so if something does changes I have everything ready for her if she takes a dive. Had to make a little hat for the empty bucket so the lights don’t heat my water up. Hah. Got these other little ones showing yellow tops an some bottoms I wad told it was due to light burn or bleaching because I’m running all LEDs? Seems to be growing fine though so I dunno?. Thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone! Oh, I’ve also purchased a R.O. System as well. Not the greatest but I think for now it’ll do the job. Hydro-Logic Stealth RO150.
4B2DCF77 675A 402F B204 2A7EBBCF71E6
8C760C81 DC60 4743 A08D 99DF3FBC252C
65305AEE 53E9 4803 829B CAFC369B374A
826D9C9F D25C 41BE 97B4 AC983789A209

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update: Well transplanted the one into its little hospital for now least for the 12hrs suggest and see how she does the other in question hasn’t gotten worse looks to be the same so if something does changes I have everything ready for her if she takes a dive. Had to make a little hat for the empty bucket so the lights don’t heat my water up. Hah. Got these other little ones showing yellow tops an some bottoms I wad told it was due to light burn or bleaching because I’m running all LEDs? Seems to be growing fine though so I dunno?. Thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone! Oh, I’ve also purchased a R.O. System as well. Not the greatest but I think for now it’ll do the job. Hydro-Logic Stealth RO150.View attachment 866621View attachment 866622View attachment 866623View attachment 866624

Looks like symptoms of an iron deficiency not light burn... Further supporting what @MIMedGrower stated about calcium being to high causing lockout of several nutrients and showing several different symptoms. I would suggest going to the store/water supply outlet and getting a couple 5 Gal jugs of R/O Mix 75% R/O to 25% Tap that should bring th calcium levels down to manageable levels. Then only use 1/4 strength nutes until new growth looks good. It will take some time to see an improvement. Give it a week atleast.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Manganese and Magnesium are not the same only some Cal-Mag products contain manganese like Cal-mag plus.

I am no deficiency expert but would agree with @MIMedGrower the high levels of calcium probably locked out other nutrients ( magnesium, potassium, manganese , iron) which is why you are seeing what looks like several deficiencies.
I never said they were, I've not mentioned manganese in this thread.

That1Guy13

That1Guy13

Looks like symptoms of an iron deficiency not light burn... Further supporting what @MIMedGrower stated about calcium being to high causing lockout of several nutrients and showing several different symptoms. I would suggest going to the store/water supply outlet and getting a couple 5 Gal jugs of R/O Mix 75% R/O to 25% Tap that should bring th calcium levels down to manageable levels. Then only use 1/4 strength nutes until new growth looks good. It will take some time to see an improvement. Give it a week atleast.

Could I empty my res about half what it is or maybe less then fill the rest back with ro water would that help bring the levels down more? I unfortunately don’t have any more nutes so I’m currently at a stand still it’ll be a day or so before I get more unless I can use an alternative until then? Thanks!

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

How many times a day/how long do you run the water? I made the mistake with young plants and too many waterings a day/a couple during lights out and my plants looked like that. Switched to once a day / every other day for the first week or 2 and never had the same issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How many times a day/how long do you run the water? I made the mistake with young plants and too many waterings a day/a couple during lights out and my plants looked like that. Switched to once a day / every other day for the first week or 2 and never had the same issue.
He is running DWC not top fed.

Could I empty my res about half what it is or maybe less then fill the rest back with ro water would that help bring the levels down more? I unfortunately don’t have any more nutes so I’m currently at a stand still it’ll be a day or so before I get more unless I can use an alternative until then? Thanks!

Yeah that would help. TBH i would replace 3/4 with R/O. It's not an absolute must but try to get the water close to the same temp before dumping it in minimizing stress to any degree would be a good idea at this point.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Best course of action would be to mix filtered (ro) water to your tap water 50/50.

Or you could use a hard water nute formula like the hard water 3 part gh nutes with your tap water.

Or a nute like jacks where you can lower or eliminate calcium.

Ot botanicare kind trio the base bottle is just calcium nitrate so you can customize like they do with jacks 321.

Good advice for what nutes would suit your needs.

That1Guy13

That1Guy13

He is running DWC not top fed.

Yeah that would help. TBH i would replace 3/4 with R/O. It's not an absolute must but try to get the water close to the same temp before dumping it in minimizing stress to any degree would be a good idea at this point.

I think this is what I’m going to do it’s my best bet right now I think. Thanks for the help!

That1Guy13

That1Guy13

I really didn't do much here. It was solved before i even posted

Definitely isn’t solved it’s a waiting game now! Hah. You did help and I appreciate it all the info given helped. Just didn’t realize how slow this R.O. System is making water.

Top Bottom