what is PGRS?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

looking to switch to a new nutrient line, i was reading a forum and people were arguing back and fourth about PGR'S and if the nutrient company uses them in their products. What does PGRS stand for? what is it ?

ttystikk

ttystikk

PGR =Plant Growth Regulator. These are a class of compounds that act like hormones to plants. One of these, called triacontanol, is found naturally in alfalfa and is responsible for the plant's habit of growing much faster than its neighbors. Not surprisingly then, it's a common additive in high end nutrient lines. You can use it yourself; just grab a few handfuls of alfalfa, chop it up and heat it in water for an hour or two. Don't boil it, just 140 is enough. Strain the solids out and feed your vegetative plants with it. They like!

P

paulycali

looking to switch to a new nutrient line, i was reading a forum and people were arguing back and fourth about PGR'S and if the nutrient company uses them in their products. What does PGRS stand for? what is it ?

What nutrient line are you talking about?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

There are hormones naturally, ie meals such as alfalfa, etc., and synthetically, straight brassinolide chemical. Imo they really can't be avoided without hassle and aren't necessary to avoid bcuz they occur oh so naturally in many different ways and environments. I'm currently experimenting w synthetic hormones I purchased from mbferts.com. so far I've tried using iaa, iba, and naa but w not good results. I've tried twice mixing them to about 100 ppm total and all that seemed to happen was it yellowed em up slowly for about a week. A few red stems. Ph is normal, bout 6.2 and ppm runoff is in check, bout two days after feed. All other plants are green and healthy. These plants take bout two weeks to start greening up again but other than that it hasn't killed or severely injured them.

ttystikk

ttystikk

There are hormones naturally, ie meals such as alfalfa, etc., and synthetically, straight brassinolide chemical. Imo they really can't be avoided without hassle and aren't necessary to avoid bcuz they occur oh so naturally in many different ways and environments. I'm currently experimenting w synthetic hormones I purchased from mbferts.com. so far I've tried using iaa, iba, and naa but w not good results. I've tried twice mixing them to about 100 ppm total and all that seemed to happen was it yellowed em up slowly for about a week. A few red stems. Ph is normal, bout 6.2 and ppm runoff is in check, bout two days after feed. All other plants are green and healthy. These plants take bout two weeks to start greening up again but other than that it hasn't killed or severely injured them.

You're running a hormone at 100ppm? That's like 100 times too high, isn't it?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

The directions said the three can be mixed at 100 ppm combined. That was in a gallon.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

That's PGRs

vangs

vangs

PGR =Plant Growth Regulator. These are a class of compounds that act like hormones to plants. One of these, called triacontanol, is found naturally in alfalfa and is responsible for the plant's habit of growing much faster than its neighbors. Not surprisingly then, it's a common additive in high end nutrient lines. You can use it yourself; just grab a few handfuls of alfalfa, chop it up and heat it in water for an hour or two. Don't boil it, just 140 is enough. Strain the solids out and feed your vegetative plants with it. They like!

why do people say its poison for the girls? or it contains pesticides that can harm someone smoking the bud? in ur opinion is that true? have you tried it?

vangs

vangs

What nutrient line are you talking about?

Blue Planet Nutrients. they rock man. give it a try if u ever decide to switch or play around.. their 3 part formula is all you need with 1 of their bloom enhancer. i think EACH GALLON is like 18$ and you get nice results.

ttystikk

ttystikk

why do people say its poison for the girls? or it contains pesticides that can harm someone smoking the bud? in ur opinion is that true? have you tried it?

PGRs are plant active materials that act like hormones. They are all very strong so an overdose can screw up the plant. Some of these PGRs are safer than others- measured, in part, by what happens in an overdose situation. Read up on it, but many nutrient makers already use them in their formulations.

vangs

vangs

PGRs are plant active materials that act like hormones. They are all very strong so an overdose can screw up the plant. Some of these PGRs are safer than others- measured, in part, by what happens in an overdose situation. Read up on it, but many nutrient makers already use them in their formulations.

ive been trying to find information online but it seems as if im always reading the wrong information.

P

paulycali

Blue Planet Nutrients. they rock man. give it a try if u ever decide to switch or play around.. their 3 part formula is all you need with 1 of their bloom enhancer. i think EACH GALLON is like 18$ and you get nice results.

Right on! Maybe i'll give em a try

Medical marijuana labs are now testing for pgr's or at least you'll have that option to test for it

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think the easiest and safest PGR to play with is triacontanol. Get some alfalfa- fresh, or pressed into feed, doesn't matter, chop/grind it up and soak in hot water, about 140f. After a few hours, stain out the solids and use the resultant tea in your reservoir or use it in your nutrient mix. Don't use it in midbloom or later.

vangs

vangs

I think the easiest and safest PGR to play with is triacontanol. Get some alfalfa- fresh, or pressed into feed, doesn't matter, chop/grind it up and soak in hot water, about 140f. After a few hours, stain out the solids and use the resultant tea in your reservoir or use it in your nutrient mix. Don't use it in midbloom or later.
so i have to use it during weeks 1-3?? mid bloom is always week 4-6 or 4-7 for me..

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

I think there was another thread about this topic where Green spoke of what he used.
Hit--> SEARCH
Less he decides to chime in.

Top Bottom