What is the difference between MEDICAL MJ and REGULAR MJ?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Same plant/ much much more THC contents. There's a minimum and maximum THC LEVELS, WITH ADDED UVB YOU WILL GET VERY VERY POTENT CANNIBIS 10× THAT OF NO UVB, NO ADDED UVB =RECREATIONAL CANNIBIS.

Most increase tested and published was 5%. Uvb proven to only be needed the last two weeks of flowering. Same results as when run full cycle. 17% without and up to 23% with.

And it does not make weed better. Just a little higher thc. did not increase any other canabanoids.

Many tests already out there. A decade of them recently and even in the 90’s in ed rosenthals popular grow book.

Sorry i dont have the original links. All my research was done on a computer and phone i dont have anymore.

C

Compost Man

Most increase tested and published was 5%. Uvb proven to only be needed the last two weeks of flowering. Same results as when run full cycle. 17% without and up to 23% with.

And it does not make weed better. Just a little higher thc. did not increase any other canabanoids.

Many tests already out there. A decade of them recently and even in the 90’s in ed rosenthals popular grow book.

Sorry i dont have the original links. All my research was done on a computer and phone i dont have anymore.
When I talk to the Solacure designer he can't believe that my fixture runs the full veg cycle and the flower cycle. Outdoors is the same cycle. This is only my experience, but I've never came anywhere near the potency from outdoor buds vs. indoor buds.✌️

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When I talk to the Solacure designer he can't believe that my fixture runs the full veg cycle and the flower cycle. Outdoors is the same cycle. This is only my experience, but I've never came anywhere near the potency from outdoor buds vs. indoor buds.✌️

I have had amazing outdoor bud. The old farmers around here have been growing trees for decades. But it is totally weather dependent. They love my indoor. And its usually just hps grown. They say it tastes as good and is consistantly more potent.

I think the consistant environment indoors usually beats outdoor for quality.

I think this is the order of importance.

Environment-grower- genetics

I put vrower before genetics because 2 can grow the same cut very differently.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

I agree, people get all caught up on THC potency %'s, and forget about cannabanoids. The documented tests I have seen from UV added didnt really amount to much of a boost in thc %.

godmother

godmother

I have seen some seed companies as well as some growers that claim that they are Medical Marijuana growers and seed providers. What is the difference between "Medical" and "regular" Marijuana? When does a regular strain that I've been growing for years become a medical plant, while others aren't?
Is this just a self proclaimed title or is there a standard that would need to be met to qualify? The term is used interchangeably and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake in my descriptions.
I'm still trying to figure out the same shit lol..but I'm pretty sure you have to take your product in to be rated and tested to qualify as well as you must own a permit which you can get from the county you are in ..if you are in Cali that is ...but the same grower permit you get to have the grow gives you the license to dispense to a dispensary is what I'm told ..hope it helps ..

Srenots

Srenots

i think its more defined as a crazy old bastard mental issues like me and called give that mental freak show a medicine and see if it tones him down,when it works medical herb hahahahh,just another pharm show i think ,hey what better way is there to sell a 250 buck bag of weed to a soul that will be lost soon,shit they just gonna give it all to the kids to fight over right,i can see it now all seniors and gizzers come on down and be happy bring your wallet,we even have a door greeter to welcome you in hahah,all a side folks you get to deal with what we cig smokers have for the last 30 years,before you know it the city will be voting on no smoking in public events and all the good stuff,just last year were i live a city ordinace was passed were there isnt any cig smoking in public places even on the grounds of bussiness,im cool with that just tell me were the air is so clean that me smoking a cig would harm it hahahahhah,MONEY FOLKS THAT WHAT IT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE,ANYTHING THAT ENJOYED
lmao rite?

shaganja

shaganja

Disagree with this answer. Medical cannabis is Not weaker than rec cannabis. To the contrary.
yes term is broad. cancer is fought with thc. anxiety is fought with cbd, and cbc. hunger is fought with thcv. seizures is fought with cbd and thcv. mmj can have any amounts of different cannabinoids. depends on medical issue.

shaganja

shaganja

I’ve lived in Michigan cali and Florida. By far Florida’s cannabis market is far behind. Not enough knowledgeable growers condensed in the state to supply with great all around smoke. My theory is being now that it’s medically legal or whatnot. The high end growers are probably selling their product to the dispensary for several different reasons. Guaranteed immediate funds in full annually. Steady predictable business model. No more illegal underground sales. And if their so Americanized pay their unfair share of usually extorted taxes for god knows what reason but I could think a few. Maybe Florida will pick up like Michigan did. I was just in ft.lauderdale regretting but grateful at the same time smoking brick regos and picking out seeds actually enjoying it because as a kid that’s what was needed most bags. Now in Michigan you can’t find a bag with seeds. Even the shit weed don’t have them.

Again just a theory.
I hear that brother
I hear that brother, but there are some of us here in FL they're trying to get it together so in this bust loose we have on here ready to rock the best weed since bubba
i would find the triangle kush and put the cuban black haze on it! a true florida strain! bet the thcv would blow ya away!

shaganja

shaganja

Also THC has the effect needed for Glaucoma, not CBD. I've Clinical Deppression, and Glaucoma. Medical Grade Cannibis is better controlled with the THC content( higher levels ) the Feds have super tight control on this, NOT CBD. To grow in Colorado, inspections on UV usages, NO EXTRA UV LIGHTING FIXTURES ALLOWED. UV= TRICHOMES EXPLOSION ✌👍
let me get this right. in colorado, if growing legally, the state does NOT allow you to use uv lighting? thats wierd. is it a safety issue?

shaganja

shaganja

UVB is the" Cosmic factor that forces the plant to NATURALLY PRODUCE TRICHOMES.
i just finished two phone home, greenhouse, and used uv during last month, and had the highest thc, and the shiniest nugs iver grown! i think this strain is pushing 24%. the thcv is up there too. the clear head high, with some spacy behind it. and its up too! sold.

shaganja

shaganja

Nice ive been looking for a light with uvb like California lightworks but kind of pricey but one day. I was looking for a cheaper alternative like reptile lights but they can b a little dangerous if u dont keep an eye out.
best out right now. there is a beef between the two also. agrowmax pure uv, t5. and the solarcure t12 ithink. they have a large size bulb, and reason is they claim the more surface area, the better the coverage and intensity. i have used the agromax so far and like the results.

shaganja

shaganja

recent tests show increase in thcv also. but no increase in cbd.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Here in Colorado I know there are rules to follow as far as fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides that you are allowed to use. I'm not sure if this applies specifically to medical marijuana or all marijuana sold in dispensaries, but as I understand it the rules are tighter for medicinal marijuana over recreational. For the most part, though, the major difference seems only to be for tax purposes only. In Colorado Springs for example, recreational marijuana dispensaries are illegal. However, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a medical dispensary.

Since there is no federal law defining recreational from medicinal it varies state to state, but for the most part weed is weed and the only differences between recreational and medicinal is the tax bracket and maybe the fertilizer and/or pesticide that they used. I'm fairly certain there's not much difference between say.... blue dream you get at a rec store compared to blue dream from a med store.

I've heard people say here in Colorado the medical is better than the rec. But that's pure hogwash. The prices are better, thats about it.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

A realistic definition would be surpassing a set Brix threshold. 18 or 20. Except you'd have people feeding biofungicides, molasses and other organic home remedy nonsense on chop day, that throws off any relevance of numerics.

I've been treating sick people with Cannabis my entire life. It's fatty acids, fatty acid derivatives plus sugars, alcohols, stuff like that, that makes a plant medicinal. Not thc and terpene like the corporate media says.

Still getting higher on 17% than any 30% store bought crap.. Still getting twice the $. And people still deny that reality.

Oh and the mentioned substances have to be made by the plant, not from by some biofungicide or bottle of sugar water. Thats how you get 400/oz medicinal weed, with natural substance, no fluff.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
$400 an ounce for medicinal? Jesus talk about gouging sick people. Around here people with legitimate medical needs get the best medical weed at a discount, usually much closer to $100 Canadian.

Because they're sick, and they need affordable medicine. Let the recreational users pay for the expensive weed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom