What is the difference between MEDICAL MJ and REGULAR MJ?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DiverDown

DiverDown

There really is no difference as far as dispensaries are concerned.
Except the fact medical patients get a break on taxes. It has nothing to do with higher thc levels or cbn/cbd, that’s horseshit! I had some that was 31% thc the other day from a medical dispensary and my stuff I grow blows it out of the water. If they are claiming their weed is 31% thc, then mine is like 40%. Or they’re lying. They can use the same shit to spray their stuff with unless they call themselves organic. Then they just spray with organic shit. Medical weed to me means growing with no pesticides and no bottled nutrients. Using organic seed stock and organic ingredients to grow. It has nothing to do with someone calling their weed medical because it came from a medical dispensary. The bottom line is the dispensary owner paid for the license and in most cases these med shops have rec shops and they’re selling the same stuff in the rec shop only higher price to cover their tax loss.
The shit from the dispensary is not what it should be. The labels state "x" amount of thc, cbd, etc. but, I need to use 4 times the amount compared to home grown. And it costs 100% more. Medical patients, which I am one, can not afford it.!!!, Cheaper and better quality is home grown.!,

DiverDown

DiverDown

I understand that but I was referring to the consumers product of rec vs med. so people think medical pot has more medical benefits but the reality is that it is the same exact herb.
The states use medical to make it acceptable. Then they go rec when they realize the tax dollars they are losing.
MML gives you permission to have 3 Oz per month legally in ct. and it's poor quality that you pay 4 times the amount for!

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

The shit from the dispensary is not what it should be. The labels state "x" amount of thc, cbd, etc. but, I need to use 4 times the amount compared to home grown. And it costs 100% more. Medical patients, which I am one, can not afford it.!!!, Cheaper and better quality is home grown.!,
My state taxes the crap out of the med mj of any kind here in Oklahoma...only reason they do it.😎

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
They both sucked when we tried stores here and colorado. I will take good home grown please. We can call it “home schooled weed”.
There has been a few periods of time I had to buy from shops and it is hard to find what we are looking for. And when you find something that does come close it’s over $300 an ounce. Weed being grown in a gigantic warehouse for $300 an ounce is nuts.i don’t care how pretty it is. Meanwhile the other 100+ bars are 80$ an ounce lol.
It really shows you how much crap weed is out there and I’d exactly why I’m still in biusness.
And always beware of those “holiday deals”, just a way to get rid of the old inventory.
Then when I hear other places getting $20 an ounce I just smdh roll a joint and thank all the crappy grows for making my pot special lol
I see some of these guys pot and there ego is to big to even admit the pm infected bug bitten weed sucks balls. Not to mention improper feeding drying etc.

DiverDown

DiverDown

My point was the med weed and rec weed are exactly the same doesn’t matter what you paid. Some people think med weed is more magical or something and it’s not.
Exactly, weed is weed. Medical is only weed that is paid for and super expensive that requires a license. I have both. Also limited in the amount given per month.

DiverDown

DiverDown

My point was the med weed and rec weed are exactly the same doesn’t matter what you paid. Some people think med weed is more magical or something and it’s not.
I think the people that never have tried weed and don't understand,...... until they try it and realize, a tomato is a tomato. But that grocery store tomato tastes like plastic and your backyard tomato has fantastic flavor. So of course they paid big time for that store bought one.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I remember an associate talking about "yo dudes got medical" and I'm thinking "why would it be any better?" Well in the black market, people think medical weed is grown in a "science lab". Then you smoke it and sure enough it's a fucking science experiment of some kind, tasting like high end lipstick baked into a 99 cent brownie.

Dasnip

Dasnip

I understand that but I was referring to the consumers product of rec vs med. so people think medical pot has more medical benefits but the reality is that it is the same exact herb.
The states use medical to make it acceptable. Then they go rec when they realize the tax dollars they are losing.
Medical in Florida usually averages right around 14 to 20% once in a great while you might get a 28 29 that's the max so in my humble opinion a straight-up 24/25 on a consistent basis is better you don't find that in the medical industry

Migrower

Migrower

Medical in Florida usually averages right around 14 to 20% once in a great while you might get a 28 29 that's the max so in my humble opinion a straight-up 24/25 on a consistent basis is better you don't find that in the medical industry
I’ve lived in Michigan cali and Florida. By far Florida’s cannabis market is far behind. Not enough knowledgeable growers condensed in the state to supply with great all around smoke. My theory is being now that it’s medically legal or whatnot. The high end growers are probably selling their product to the dispensary for several different reasons. Guaranteed immediate funds in full annually. Steady predictable business model. No more illegal underground sales. And if their so Americanized pay their unfair share of usually extorted taxes for god knows what reason but I could think a few. Maybe Florida will pick up like Michigan did. I was just in ft.lauderdale regretting but grateful at the same time smoking brick regos and picking out seeds actually enjoying it because as a kid that’s what was needed most bags. Now in Michigan you can’t find a bag with seeds. Even the shit weed don’t have them.

Again just a theory.

Dasnip

Dasnip

I’ve lived in Michigan cali and Florida. By far Florida’s cannabis market is far behind. Not enough knowledgeable growers condensed in the state to supply with great all around smoke. My theory is being now that it’s medically legal or whatnot. The high end growers are probably selling their product to the dispensary for several different reasons. Guaranteed immediate funds in full annually. Steady predictable business model. No more illegal underground sales. And if their so Americanized pay their unfair share of usually extorted taxes for god knows what reason but I could think a few. Maybe Florida will pick up like Michigan did. I was just in ft.lauderdale regretting but grateful at the same time smoking brick regos and picking out seeds actually enjoying it because as a kid that’s what was needed most bags. Now in Michigan you can’t find a bag with seeds. Even the shit weed don’t have them.

Again just a theory.
I hear that brother
I hear that brother, but there are some of us here in FL they're trying to get it together so in this bust loose we have on here ready to rock the best weed since bubba

Dasnip

Dasnip

I hear that brother
I hear that brother, but there are some of us here in FL they're trying to get it together so in this bust loose we have on here ready to rock the best weed since bubba
here in Florida brother we have a vertical market it makes it almost impossible for an outside grower unless you're gorilla

Dasnip

Dasnip

I hear that brother the state is so full of s*** it's unbelievable. I smoke some gorilla glue 4 that would have just I don't know what to say

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've never bought any type of dispensary weed, preferring my circle of older folks who have been growing since the 60s by some members. I have said a zillion times that the plants today are very different from the older plants, but the older growers grew for themselves and not for anyone with cash... (Fat Freddie once made a comment about pot and cash. Lets see if you even know who Fat Freddie was and what he said!). The buds are much stronger but don't have the same effects as the old strains, for some reason or another. Maybe stronger strains = more tolerance?
FWIW, back in the days before the internet and computers and the cocaine wars, Miami, in Florida, was one of the worst places to score any type of weed. All of the square groupers that were dropped either got snatched up and sent north or divided up between friends... but I never found a decent bud connection in Florida until much later. It always struck me as odd that a state that grows tons of crops didn't seem to have a thriving pot market. Cocaine wiped out the pot smuggling, but even before then it was impossible to score! Even 2 years ago I visited a very well versed friend and it took him a few days to find anything. Strange!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've never bought any type of dispensary weed, preferring my circle of older folks who have been growing since the 60s by some members. I have said a zillion times that the plants today are very different from the older plants, but the older growers grew for themselves and not for anyone with cash... (Fat Freddie once made a comment about pot and cash. Lets see if you even know who Fat Freddie was and what he said!). The buds are much stronger but don't have the same effects as the old strains, for some reason or another. Maybe stronger strains = more tolerance?
FWIW, back in the days before the internet and computers and the cocaine wars, Miami, in Florida, was one of the worst places to score any type of weed. All of the square groupers that were dropped either got snatched up and sent north or divided up between friends... but I never found a decent bud connection in Florida until much later. It always struck me as odd that a state that grows tons of crops didn't seem to have a thriving pot market. Cocaine wiped out the pot smuggling, but even before then it was impossible to score! Even 2 years ago I visited a very well versed friend and it took him a few days to find anything. Strange!

Its a lot better to have weed and no money than to have money and no weed!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Its a lot better to have weed and no money than to have money and no weed!
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
WE HAVE A WINNER!! :) :)
I think the actual phrase was "Dope will get you thru times of no money, better than money will get you thru times with no dope"
Phineas and Freewheelin' Franklin express their appreciation. Zippy is around somewhere....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
WE HAVE A WINNER!! :) :)
I think the actual phrase was "Dope will get you thru times of no money, better than money will get you thru times with no dope"
Phineas and Freewheelin' Franklin express their appreciation. Zippy is around somewhere....

Lol. For something i read like 30 years ago I was pretty close. :-)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Lol. For something i read like 30 years ago I was pretty close. :)
I was pissed when they only released the couple of the comic books. Ironically, I can remember the 1st edition Rosenthal book, worn to hell, sitting next to the comic books (bought at a head shop in Aurora, NY) and a stack of High Times that I had kept from the beginning of the magazine. I never thought that I would be growing buds like I saw in HT within 6 years, especially compared to my attempts prior to using a 1000w MH. That did the trick!

Top Bottom