What Is The Top Three Strongest Strains You Ever Smoked?

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BioStimz

BioStimz

DJ Short says it's not always about the amount of tris but the composition within them.
Spoken wisely.

One thing to keep in mind however --> Once you start working with a strain in which the THC-composition within the trichomes is where you want it.... the more trichome-density you have.... the greater the psychotropic effects will be.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

I donlt recall the old weed looking all tricromed up like we see today but there was some def fire back then.
Agreed 100%

But those triched-up strains of today that you're referring to have exponentially greater amounts of THC than the old-school strains --> and the levels will progressively get higher with each generation to come.

I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeing 40% THC-content within 5-years. Heck, we're already at 35.6!

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

Theres way more to it than total THC content.
Way more?

Like what exactly?

For me and many other connoisseurs I know.... there's pretty much one other important factor in cannabis, other than a high THC-content --> A distinguishing terp-profile.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

Total THC content, at the expense of other chemicals, is misleading at the least.
At the expense?

Are you implying that high THC-concentrations elicit
a depletion of the other "chemicals" in cannabis?

At the expense of what other chemicals exactly?

~

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

No. People breed for total THC concentration, at the expense of other compounds.
Raphael Mechoulam, Ph.D, who is considered the leading researcher on cannabis, says that Land Based Originals, and IBL Polyhybrids have the most medicinal value, and does not like most of the modern types of mainstream weed supplies because ultimate THC content is being bred for, at the expense of other compounds. Dr Mechoulam also Discovered the THC Molecule in 1964, and also discovered the human Endocannabinoid system.

blis84

blis84

No, actually it isn't. The psychotropic effects of cannabis are mediated by THC.

Higher THC-content is more psychotropically-active than lower THC-content. This is an unequivocal fact.

~
I don’t measure potency by psychotropic Effects alone, they were asking about the strongest strains, not sativas, and I’m pRetty sure no matter how high the thc is there are other factors involved in determining the psychotropic effects, for example I had my favorite CBG Panama cut & my favorite Ace seeds panama cut. The Ace seeds cut tested slightly over 1% higher then the CBG Panama cut but the CBG Panama was the more potent psyctropic bud. The only reason I had ace seeds was b/c my buddy didn’t wanna wait for them to finish so I did a side by side and kept the 3 most sativa dom tastiest potent phenos from like 30 beans. The CBG pheno was more fragrant & tastier & potent. The ace seeds keeper looked slightly better and tasted and smelled good too just not as good

BioStimz

BioStimz

No. People breed for total THC concentration, at the expense of other compounds.
Raphael Mechoulam, Ph.D, who is considered the leading researcher on cannabis, says that Land Based Originals, and IBL Polyhybrids have the most medicinal value, and does not like most of the modern types of mainstream weed supplies because ultimate THC content is being bred for, at the expense of other compounds. Dr Mechoulam also Discovered the THC Molecule in 1964, and also discovered the human Endocannabinoid system.
The existing scientific research is exclusive to the non-psychotropic constituents of cannabis, so any researcher will focus on the plant's medicinal value over it's psychotropic-potential.

I agree with him to the extent that if you are breeding for medicinal CBD in particular.... then yes, your focus wouldn't be on high THC levels - as it could actually be detrimental to the CBD-content.

Nonetheless, you can breed for high THC.... and still have amazing terp-profiles. ; )

~

blis84

blis84

So I guess what I’m saying is any kind of effects from strains I believe come from a few different things like thc/cbd/terpenes/cure, how well it was grown etc...

BioStimz

BioStimz

I’m pRetty sure no matter how high the thc is there are other factors involved in determining the psychotropic effects
None of any significance, other than inter-individual/physiological variables.

~

bongzaway

bongzaway

is it possibe there are other compounds i todays MJ we've not discovered yet ? Or were there other compounds in the MJ from years back that are no longer contained in them ?

blis84

blis84

I mean who knows maybe the CBG Panama cuts other cannabinoids/terpenes combined w/ the thc made it seem more psychotropic I don’t know I’m not a scientist, just been growing/smoking 20plus yrs so I can only say what I felt & my CBG Panama Keeper was just better/tastier/stronger, for all I know they could’ve swapped the ace & CBG phenos at the lab & the CBG cut was 1% higher, I doubt it they were clearly labeled but a possibility that a stoner at the testing facility mixed em up sure I’d put that possibility at like 10%.

blis84

blis84

THC is the only psychotropic cannabinoid in cannabis.
I understand that but can u say for sure that those effects combined w/ the other effects from a pheno dont make those psychotropic effects feel different, stronger, trippier.

blis84

blis84

For ex do the psychotropic effects feel different if they combined w/ a strong body high or

blis84

blis84

Maybe some slow down the psychotropic effects while some speed up the effect who’s to say what feels stronger if to any one person! Its all very subjective & I’m pretty sure when determining overall potency all factors should be considered

BioStimz

BioStimz

is it possibe there are other compounds i todays MJ we've not discovered yet ? Or were there other compounds in the MJ from years back that are no longer contained in them ?

Well there's always new compounds being quantified, but generally speaking, the chemical-constituents of cannabis have remained relatively the same throughout time - what you liked from a particular strain from the 80's..... can still be found in a strain from today.

Yes, genetic lineage and varying cultivation-methods play an enormous role in overall plant diversity, but the new strains still have the same components as the old-school stuff.

As for the physiological effects from old-school vs new strains.... it's not a fair comparison. Our thought-process is completely different than what it was back then. So is our memory of how good it actually was.

I still love AK. Nothing touches it in terms of classic old-school flavor.... but does the high compare to my new-school elite strains? Not a chance.

~

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No, actually it isn't. The psychotropic effects of cannabis are mediated by THC.

Higher THC-content is more psychotropically-active than lower THC-content. This is an unequivocal fact.

~

Maybe but that doesn't make the bud fun and uplifting and trippy on the 25%+ strains I have tried.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well there's always new compounds being quantified, but generally speaking, the chemical-constituents of cannabis have remained relatively the same throughout time - what you liked from a particular strain from the 80's..... can still be found in a strain from today.

Yes, genetic lineage and varying cultivation-methods play an enormous role in overall plant diversity, but the new strains still have the same components as the old-school stuff.

As for the physiological effects from old-school vs new strains.... it's not a fair comparison. Our thought-process is completely different than what it was back then. So is our memory of how good it actually was.

I still love AK. Nothing touches it in terms of classic old-school flavor.... but does the high compare to my new-school elite strains? Not a chance.

~

AK is not in the league of the other classic strains mentioned.

Or a good sativa leaning og. Or a good chem or diesel or hybrid.

AK is actually one of the strains bred to run short that messes up the complexity of the high in my opinion.

I think good pot tends to flower 10-12 weeks or more to finish developing a diverse profile.

Top Bottom