What Kind Of Dog Food Do You Use?

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
a couple of years ago I took chickenmans advice and started feeding my dog sojos with beef/turkey, veggies etc and the results are night and day..my bulldog was 75lbs and could barely take a walk up my hill if it lasted more than 10min..hes down to 55-60lb, lean and full of energy..its just unreal how much he acts like a puppy again... seeing all this love given to our best buds puts a big smile on my face
so testimonials like this and my observations mean nothing????
Off I go, will dig some holes with one of my PHDs, Post hole diggers, one gas one manual...Hands on experience works for me...no need to over think...

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

My dogs love veggies. Carrot sticks are one their favorite treats. They will eat raw broccoli and zucchini too.

@chickenman My German bird dog can't have any chicken protein. He gets smelly sulfur farts and is more susceptible to ear infections.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I never said I'm.right and you're wrong. What I provided was scientific *facts* (non of which were my own) with cited sources that prove your observational *opinion* is incorrect
Science has been wrong many times before. my friend....Facts are what I see before my own eyes....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ignorance is bliss. You will obv go to the grave without changing your mind so there's no trying to talk any sense into you

Thanks. Will continue to follow what my heart tells me to do, it's my light ya know.
Think my lifestyle is pretty awesome compared to most....
Living in a circle filled with love, farming, fishing, feasting. no scientific evidence there though so you probably do not understand matters of the heart.
Go in peace....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm muting this thread, hopefully people with more than half a brain can realize that the top educated minds in the world on this subject are more credible than some farmer trying to give dog.nutritional advice on a weed growing internet forum[/QUOTE]

I ask you where would we be with out us farmers, the back bone of the world...
Science cures cancer?? Science causes cancer in many ways..Pesticides, herbicides all came from scientific development.
At best science only offers remission few are cured 100%...
Prevention thru nutrition. Avoid the processed preserved, modified Crapola foods, alcohol. cigarettes most cancer victims consume most of their lives..
Be well...Good luck..

Funk Monk

Funk Monk

I listen and support Chickenman. He's spewed so much knowledge and motivation then most on these threads. I like to read but putting that to the test and seeing the results is a step further then most will do. I think the man is very smart and shows show much passion with out being a dick. He is on a farm and doing what most of us couldn't do in a year. Not sure why anyone would call him a half of brain. Not once did he slander anyone for what they use or think. This thread was to discuss what we feed our beloved pets. Funny a simple man with a ton of education gets called out cause he didn't post his data sheets. Everyone has an opinion and shouldn't be put down cause theirs is different then yours. Love the passion and intel in this thread, so please keep it that way and respect others. It reminds me of this seed and strain game, if you don't do or have what I have you, your a half of brain and an idiot. Far from it, Ying and Yang and find your own path, funk on

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I seem to recall reading somewhere that generally carnivorous animals, and even obligate carnivores, in wild or non-human(oid) intervened scenarios would ingest vegetable matter by eating the guts of their prey. And so due to that, they were actually eating digested or partially digested vegetable material. I believe that this would be a case of appropriate microbes aiding in digestion, and that is indeed a question that can be demonstrated scientifically.
We have two cats and are wanting to switch them to a better cat food. I'm assuming these brands make kitty food too? I just love my cats damnit why not treat the fuckers
EVO is the best cat food we've found. Cats should never eat dry food, it causes all sorts of common problems, the worst of which involve the urinary tract.

We use Diamond Natural for the dog. I seem to recall some sort of problem with the Blue Buffalo, plus, I've gotta admit, I always get super-pissed at the bitches in their commercials. I find myself wanting to reach through the screen to slap them.
My choc lab is 8 yrs old but youd never know it. Spunky fucker. Hes my little bitty 100lb baby dog.
Remi is his name
The Remington Triple Magnum
The triple trifecta mag.
R.E. Emberington
Embarrassington
Remag
And about 20 other ridiculous name to which he answers to lol
THANK YOU for not naming the dog Hershey. :D F'real.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I listen and support Chickenman. He's spewed so much knowledge and motivation then most on these threads. I like to read but putting that to the test and seeing the results is a step further then most will do. I think the man is very smart and shows show much passion with out being a dick. He is on a farm and doing what most of us couldn't do in a year. Not sure why anyone would call him a half of brain. Not once did he slander anyone for what they use or think. This thread was to discuss what we feed our beloved pets. Funny a simple man with a ton of education gets called out cause he didn't post his data sheets. Everyone has an opinion and shouldn't be put down cause theirs is different then yours. Love the passion and intel in this thread, so please keep it that way and respect others. It reminds me of this seed and strain game, if you don't do or have what I have you, your a half of brain and an idiot. Far from it, Ying and Yang and find your own path, funk on

Thank you for the kind words..
Some folks just do not understand passion, it's cool I know what I know to each their own I ve been called worse things than ignorant, sticks and stones Ya know........

M

motz

I pulled my dogs away from Purina Beneful for a lot of reasons:
1) I have a Springer that has had seizures since the day we brought him home. I read somewhere that someone was takin Purina to court because the guy proved that the food was the source of his dogs seizures and over time death.
2) I have a Boykin Spaniel this will be 3 generations on these dogs and each generation has had Allergy problems, to the extent of one of'em blowing all their hair. My current one is going thru ear problems because of allergies and skin problems.
This has all been brought to the attention of the buyer/consumer, I don't eat the stuff so which do I fall into here? Anyway, I have switched to Science Diet for 3 months now and the Springers seizures has gone from 5 a month to maybe 1 every other month. The allergies seem to be responding also. Saw this thread and had to put my 2 cents in. Later

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I pulled my dogs away from Purina Beneful for a lot of reasons:
1) I have a Springer that has had seizures since the day we brought him home. I read somewhere that someone was takin Purina to court because the guy proved that the food was the source of his dogs seizures and over time death.
2) I have a Boykin Spaniel this will be 3 generations on these dogs and each generation has had Allergy problems, to the extent of one of'em blowing all their hair. My current one is going thru ear problems because of allergies and skin problems.
This has all been brought to the attention of the buyer/consumer, I don't eat the stuff so which do I fall into here? Anyway, I have switched to Science Diet for 3 months now and the Springers seizures has gone from 5 a month to maybe 1 every other month. The allergies seem to be responding also. Saw this thread and had to put my 2 cents in. Later
Glad to hear doing better .I would really look into the sojos original and mixing raw beef especially for the issues you are having

Top Bottom