What kind of Reflector Hood do ya'll fancy?

• Thread starter CannaVenture
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
l use p.l.'s and l love them, VERY uniform distribution of light l run 2 midi 600's that are 3x5, and 2 deep 600's at 4x4. Awesome reflectors, a bit costly but damn money DOES grow on trees ya know... :)

Yeah bro.. Heard great thing about them too... Growing up my parents always told me it did not!

So, You have one of those Trees too, huh?

+REP for you my friend.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
hmmm the 2 600s in an adjustawing sounds awesome - you know they make an adapter that you can run 2 600's off a single 1000 ballast

you could still do one mh and one hps if you were running 2 x 1000 - one as mh and one as hps

can you run the cobras without the glass?

I dont aircool - but Id like that as an option in case I expand

Yeah Sunlight Supply just came out with that splitter where you can run two 600's off one 1k ballast... I have not tried them yet, but that would be very nice....Anyone tried thsoe new SS Splitters?

Yeah, I'd like to hear more abou The Cobra hoods...They sound nice....almost wish I made this thread before I bought a few XXXL hoods....

I'm going to check them out when Im done here..Ill post some links...

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Looks like The Great White, is the exact same design as The XXXL, with about 5% less reflectivity than the XXXL... The King Cobras are made by Sun Leaves and ARE the BIGGEST hoods available.. Thats crazy, Cause the XXXL is HUGE...

Heres the Cobra...

As it seems, The Cobras are WAY bigger than the XXXL and the Great Whites...
Like 10-13 inches bigger one way, the rest is teh same, The heigth is teh same etc.. but another 1013 inches one way is ALOT!

Heres a question for all the Adjusta Wing users... What do you all think about the Diffuser that is optional to buy... Do they really help to diffuse the light evenly?

M

mrbong73

Good stuff here guys! Thanks to CannaVenture for starting this thread.

Do you guys think a large adjust a wing in a 5x5 tent would work good? I could have an open exhaust duct next to the bulb pulling heat away and out.

All those hoods look killer though.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey canna - did you notice the shipping cost - you dont want to buy these online - they go by "freight" only

I like the fact that the cobras center the bulb

jagle

jagle

Sounds pretty legit... You should buy a light meter and test for hot spots..other than that, Sounds like a nice buy....I'd try one...

indeed i should, see if i can get some figures and test them against some known brand ones

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
They come setup like that bro you just have to buy another socket adapter for it it's pretty bad ass for real and I think another socket is only like 20 or something not to much

MOTHERLODE ya I've heard of that but Dnt you have to run lumatek 1000??? Or can you us quantum ?? I run the quantum ballast and really like them there lighter than my 600 watt lumatek and the just look Kool lol but I Dnt know bro my moms a electrician and that just does not seem Luke something that should work well I guess if your running 240 you'd be Kool mmm I Dnt know has any one used these b4 how do they work have you used them ???

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Ya there sick and I know what you mean I've spent like 10gs on shit I Dnt need but hey you end up with one bad ass grow room lol you'll deff like them though how many watts do you run in your flowering room?? I look at it as a investment and adjustawing claims up to a 50% increase on your yield I Dnt know about this but I deff know there some of a increase but even 10 or 20% is worth it, the other thing I really like about them is how fast the can be broken down and stored Witch is nice in emergency situations I bet I can fit 5 in there boxes in the same place you fit 1 of the xxxls witch is just a nice you know .I like threads like this it's nice to hear everyones opinion on subjects like these sweet thead bro !

Venom818

Venom818

never heard of the king cobra but the xxxl is the best hood i have personally owned .

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
I've heard the super spreaders are nice but I Dnt think there necessary but I Dnt think they could hurt I Dnt use them and I Dnt think alot of people do is there anyone thy does use them?? Or is ut just more shit to buy that you Dnt really need ? I know I get amazing results without them so I Dnt think I'll be buying them buts that's up to you bro but they work amazing without them no doubt!

K

Kobe24

There were some insane hoods at the Kush Expo today...they were vertical air cooled lights that bounced back light like I've never seen.... the hoods were called "OG" and made by a local company "GrowLight"... looked sick

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Heres a question for all the Adjusta Wing users... What do you all think about the Diffuser that is optional to buy... Do they really help to diffuse the light evenly?

I have both the 600 version and the 1000 version. Neither make the light that much more even. Save the money. I say, just keep your reflectors a little higher with the adjust-a-wings, and you will have more even coverage.

-TF

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Good stuff here guys! Thanks to CannaVenture for starting this thread.

Do you guys think a large adjust a wing in a 5x5 tent would work good? I could have an open exhaust duct next to the bulb pulling heat away and out.

All those hoods look killer though.

Hey Bro... I have NEVER used an Adjusta Wing, But I think I can answer this question for you accurately...

I think/know, an Adjusta Wing would do GREAT in a 5by5 area.... This is my opinion.. But it has too....
People with more knowledge will be able to tell you for sure, but I say YES!

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
hey canna - did you notice the shipping cost - you dont want to buy these online - they go by "freight" only

I like the fact that the cobras center the bulb

Yeah bro, I did man... But in reality, If you buy other stuff, It, IMO, still makes it worth it....Yeah, you are going to pay an extra 60 bucks, but make it worth it by buying alot of other stuff you need, that way that 60 dollars worth of freight can still be used....I bought a bunch of stuff, including teh XXXL, and I got 3 different boxes, delivered by FedEx....

Shit my nearest grow store has marked these items up so much, the 60 dollar freight is nothing, aslong as you bundle alot of other items together...

As far as getting the Bulb cenetered, You can by an extension, that is 4 inches long, it screws in to teh socket, and makes teh bulb 4 inches longer, so its right in the middle of the hood.... The extenders are only like 10 dollars... Pretty cheap...and easy to install... I used them for when I was running 600's...Worked perfectly....

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
never heard of the king cobra but the xxxl is the best hood i have personally owned .

Hey Venom Brother.... This dude knows of what he speaks.....

I just heard of the Cobras.. But I have NEVER heard a bad thing about the XXXL hoods.. EVER!

I am going to give it a good go and see how I like, Im sure I will love it....

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I've heard the super spreaders are nice but I Dnt think there necessary but I Dnt think they could hurt I Dnt use them and I Dnt think alot of people do is there anyone thy does use them?? Or is ut just more shit to buy that you Dnt really need ? I know I get amazing results without them so I Dnt think I'll be buying them buts that's up to you bro but they work amazing without them no doubt!

I heard a couple years back on another site, that you Do NOT need teh diffusers, they are just a way to make more money... But who knows.. Im, hoping someone here is using one just to hear what they think about them....

The idea is cool, but do they work?
Supposedly, if you use one, NO MOre Hot Spotsp... DREADED! Hot Spots...lol..

I really would like to hear from some that using a diffuser with their Adjusta Wings...I know someone here uses one....

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
There were some insane hoods at the Kush Expo today...they were vertical air cooled lights that bounced back light like I've never seen.... the hoods were called "OG" and made by a local company "GrowLight"... looked sick

NOW, These sound Liek A Dream for the Vert growers.... Id love to get a link or learn more about these... Sounds very effective....and cool...

Thanks for sharing Kobe24..and who knew Kobe B. grows.... That is 1 for the Home Team right there...

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I have both the 600 version and the 1000 version. Neither make the light that much more even. Save the money. I say, just keep your reflectors a little higher with the adjust-a-wings, and you will have more even coverage.

-TF

So you say NO! on the Diffusers.....That is what I have heard before.. Everyone says Do NOt get them....But that is only from a few people... I have not read alot of dialogue about diffusers... I dont care what teh add comapanies say, I want to hear it from my fellow growers...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
shit bro - the shipping is $147 for a single hood - have a buddy who has a co-op and he lets me get in on stuff when hes buying it wholesale - so Im gonna hopefully get 2 cobras through him - otherwise Ill get raptors or xxls and those nifty extensions I never heard of or saw before this thread

again - great thread CV

Top Bottom