What Makes The Burn Taste Good?

• Thread starter Trixxi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trixxi

Trixxi

Looking for information about perfecting the taste of my final flower. All of my homegrown gets me stoned but does not taste the best. FYI I barely fertilize so after week 5 it's only fed water. I do not spray with anything either but I want to end up with a good tasting smoke. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Trixxi

Trixxi

Thank you ! Always hung the plants in the middle of the kitchen for about a week and then cut it up more and into mason jars ... I think the paper bag should help

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Strain and terp building sugars have alot to do with taste.
What strains are you growing?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Strain for sure. Environment also plays a critical role, especially during the second half of flower.

ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

Thank you ! Always hung the plants in the middle of the kitchen for about a week and then cut it up more and into mason jars ... I think the paper bag should help
No problem! For me the most important thing is getting the chlorophyll out, get a good fade before harvest, no nutes like you do, get em to lighten up n yellow a bit. Then dry in the dark, just like flowers in a vase they are still alive for awhile and can make more chlorophyll, the dark is key

Trixxi

Trixxi

Ok a few years ago I put my harvest in the closet for a few days only to discover a crazy population of carpet bugs on my plant ... So I'm fearful to do that again ... That's why I hung it in the kitchen but the kitchen has tons of natural light and sky lights

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok a few years ago I put my harvest in the closet for a few days only to discover a crazy population of carpet bugs on my plant ... So I'm fearful to do that again ... That's why I hung it in the kitchen but the kitchen has tons of natural light and sky lights
Light is a no no. If you want the best taste before a good cure, you need to dry trim. My dry trim taste better than a lot of cured that I've smoked. Like durb said. You gotta get a good fade or the bud will taste green. Also the slower it dries the better the taste.

Then you start the cure. The cure is an art that I'm just getting better at after years. It's so easy to ruin a jar by not opening it for a day or two. Everybody has their own process you'll just have to figure out what works for you.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Fading has nothing to do with taste not on god dam bit ,, Yup stop feeding your plants last 3 weeks of flower just give them water right ??? truth is healthy plant from start to finish will give you the best quality and best quantity the strain is able to provide plan and simple
Believe it or not Flushing or allowing plants to Fade is the myth ran wild and very bad information .
Weed is a weed does not take much for it to grow only growers that keep hammering there plants with plant food using it like a steroid or thinking that way..
True Jedi growers know that its never been the amount you feed your plants its the minimum amount to keep plant as healthy as possible ..
The Fading is rather funny TBH many think, being MJ is a annual that it must fade cause it only lives once a year , tree leaf fading has nothing to do with MJ folks so get the fading out of your heads

Trixxi

Trixxi

Strain and terp building sugars have alot to do with taste.
What strains are you growing?
The strains I grew that I am smoking that I think have a harsh smoke ... Snow Leopard, Grape Ape and Cinex. They all have really nice highs however. Really wish I took a cutting of the cinex but the grape ape reveged and I ended up with rooted cuttings so I will hopefully be able to improve this time around. Always have barely fertilized used Alaska fish 1 time in veg and the Aff morbloom 1 time and otherwise just tap water and love

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Fading is part of the ripening process. To say it has nothing to do with flavor is ignorant. I'm not throwing out the years of knowledge I've built up I've one guy not believing in something. The best tasting most color buds I've ever had always come from plants that have been well maintained and allowed to fade. You can smoke that green tasting shit if you want bro

BudBogart

BudBogart

Fading has nothing to do with taste not on god dam bit ,, Yup stop feeding your plants last 3 weeks of flower just give them water right ??? truth is healthy plant from start to finish will give you the best quality and best quantity the strain is able to provide plan and simple
Believe it or not Flushing or allowing plants to Fade is the myth ran wild and very bad information .
Weed is a weed does not take much for it to grow only growers that keep hammering there plants with plant food using it like a steroid or thinking that way..
True Jedi growers know that its never been the amount you feed your plants its the minimum amount to keep plant as healthy as possible ..
The Fading is rather funny TBH many think, being MJ is a annual that it must fade cause it only lives once a year , tree leaf fading has nothing to do with MJ folks so get the fading out of your heads

Weed is a weed. Without growers that keep hammering their plants Like a steroid, will the plants not naturally fade as they slowly die? Thinking of an organically grown in living soil cannabis plant that isn't being constantly stimulated. You will get leaf fade while the buds are still ripening. It's not about leaves dropping in the fall, but about the natural life process of a cannabis plant.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
In order,

1. Top of the line genetics
2. Great grow skills
3. excellent soil (living soil with operating food web)
4. Proper dry and cure.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

The strains I grew that I am smoking that I think have a harsh smoke ... Snow Leopard, Grape Ape and Cinex. They all have really nice highs however. Really wish I took a cutting of the cinex but the grape ape reveged and I ended up with rooted cuttings so I will hopefully be able to improve this time around. Always have barely fertilized used Alaska fish 1 time in veg and the Aff morbloom 1 time and otherwise just tap water and love
How was the yield on that TigerMelon x Appalachia

Trixxi

Trixxi

Snow leopard ?? I would say it was a good yield for the fact I kept it in a 1 gallon pot probobly yielded over 2 ounces ... But half of its life was a window grow the other half under led

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Snow leopard ?? I would say it was a good yield for the fact I kept it in a 1 gallon pot probobly yielded over 2 ounces ... But half of its life was a window grow the other half under led
Id consider that rather good then. . Stay blessed and thank you for the honest info. Mine are staying in the vault till i can 2mos ved and 60 gal flower indo.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Flavor? Aroma? These come mainly from the terpenes produced by cannabis. Any excess element (needed for growth or not) will divert resources away from producing terpenes and cannabinoids.

You want maximum flavor and aroma? I mean, so tasty you lick your lips 45 minutes later and go "Yum!"?
  • Feed nutrients balanced for cannabis
  • Use a full and cyclic pH swing in the root zone (5.4-5.8 for hydro)
  • Maximize trichome density with 72F/25%RH
  • Use Pharmaceutical grade nutrients 99.9% free of contaminants
  • Use only Reverse Osmosis or other water at 15ppm or less

The goal is to feed cannabis just enough of each needed element, to sustain full and healthy growth. Any excess elements will be picked up by cannabis and packed into new growth. Once it's packed into new growth (to get it out of the way) it will not fade or flush out. Not even a month of clean water will get rid of it.

Cannabis is not very selective about what it uptakes and when elements are available in excess, cannabis will absorb it and use it as structural support in new growth. (It's not a cucumber) As this information becomes more known, cannabis is being more and more commonly called a dynamic accumulator plant.

Cannabis smoke is soft, cool, aromatic and packed with flavor. You should have a VERY hard time actually 'feeling' the smoke on your throat and lungs. Harsh comes from excessively available elements, silica/silicon during flower (bad bad!) and tap water contaminants (rocks).

When your setup provides the correct environment for cannabis, everything comes out frosty! :D
This is "Twista"
Twista-still-too-green600x300.jpg

Yuuuummy!

Douglas

Top Bottom