what strains are mexican brickweed?

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Lately I have been seeing nicer brickweed then usual. I have been getting midgrade(arizona) for years but lately it just seems alot better. Less seeds greener plants. It is still so compressed. but out of the nicer batches i have been saving seeds. Im just curious if there could be any gems in there or is it just a waste of time? What strains are these? im on the east coast if that helps any.

sorry if this is the wrong spot for this i just figured you would know the answer the best reef.

R

Rural_GrowOp

When I first started growing that is what I did. You will find that with a little tlc they will be a lot better than the brick was. I would think that there is the possibility of finding something special but the odds are against you. But the hunt is fun. Good luck if you decide to take this route and keep us updated on your progress. If you have a breeding room then you could selectively breed to get something pretty nice.

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

When I first started growing that is what I did. You will find that with a little tlc they will be a lot better than the brick was. I would think that there is the possibility of finding something special but the odds are against you. But the hunt is fun. Good luck if you decide to take this route and keep us updated on your progress. If you have a breeding room then you could selectively breed to get something pretty nice.

Well said RGO! K+++... You Speak the truth... and offer words of encouragement! ;)

R

Reeferman

There is a huge swing in the genetic base in mexico tens of millions of world class seeds fell into the hands of the sinaloa Cartel in the past 4 years , they have expressed interest in high quality productions .
I have seen seedless cannabis that rivals anything in a dutch coffee shop grown in the mountains of mexico .
The real issue is transport because of more lucrative colombian products everything is squashed no matter how fine it might be .
The genetics of mexico today have nothing to do with native mexican genetics but are mostly Canadian and dutch .
I expect to see the massive decline in genetic quality in 2 more years in the hands of ill motivated gangsters nothing thrives .
I am sure they will inbreed too excess or hybridize to the point of a genetic wash of poly hybrids mess that will have early flowering plants mixed with super late flowers so the products will have little appeal commercially .
If you saw the meth head gun toting maniacs who tend these crops you would think twice about buying mexican weed , I have met some really nice growing families but they are rare or killed rather than paid .
The reality in mexico these days is sad and violent .
~reef~

L

lonewolf99

I can't remember the year, but back in the early-mid 90s some Latino fellas turned up in the Dam to buy suitcases full of seeds, so I reckon the pollution of the native Mexican genes goes back a long way.

I've got a collection of seeds from Mexican imports since the early 90s and you can almost trace the introduction of commercial genes, every year the seeds produced plants that were less like the classic Mexicans of the 70s and 80s, 3-4 years ago, last time I grew some, there were plants that looked like Northern Lights or Hashplants mixed in with 12-14 week sativas, a right clusterfuck.

Also, the incidence of hermies has got ever higher, there were always hermies but these days most plants are hermie, or at least from my limited selection they were/are.

Hey reef, apart from the Oaxacan you used in Apple Pie, do you have any other Mexican genetic gems you might release? I crave the old classics like a Minty Michoacan or a Lime tasting Guerreran Verde!

K

Kalcu

Crazy, I guess it is up to the heads to preserve landrace genetics. If people were not so blood thirsty the drug business could actually be different. Very sad.

I remember an article in high times, I think it was an American that went down there to set up a farm. He hired what were probably rebels for security and grew grade A genetics. They almost all looked the same, with the environment; they had a big pull out poster. There were differences but not nearly as much as what would of been the case in a different environment.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
From what i can remember the Az/Mids hit the seen around 99, 2000. This is when the price change happend. Every once and awhile you would get a good batch of regs before that here and there. Then those good batches started going up to $850 lbs from the $450-600 lbs of the regs. Now you aint getting them for under $1000 unless you are buying bricks.
The market for this seems to be 40+. Trying to sell and ounce for 350 to these guys just dont work. "I used to buy a lid for $40 bux". Without this mexican or beasters there would be a hudge shortage of bud to smoke. I always thaught it was just grown better I didnt realize it was new genetics. I wonderd why people didnt just plant fields of jack herrer or SSH.

R

Rural_GrowOp

"I used to buy a lid for $40 bux".

If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that. People just don't understand the difference in some regs and truly good genetics. Nor do they understand the time and energy involved in growing stellar pot.

C

cway

From what i can remember the Az/Mids hit the seen around 99, 2000. This is when the price change happend. Every once and awhile you would get a good batch of regs before that here and there. Then those good batches started going up to $850 lbs from the $450-600 lbs of the regs. Now you aint getting them for under $1000 unless you are buying bricks.
The market for this seems to be 40+. Trying to sell and ounce for 350 to these guys just dont work. "I used to buy a lid for $40 bux". Without this mexican or beasters there would be a hudge shortage of bud to smoke. I always thaught it was just grown better I didnt realize it was new genetics. I wonderd why people didnt just plant fields of jack herrer or SSH.

The Mexi brick market has changed alot in the last two years.. Alot of the Cartels now grow north of the border, in the us, therefore they dont have to package their pot as roughly to get it across the borders hence better products on the streets, Ive also seen bricks of what would be high grade if it wasnt pressed come from mexico.. .. There was a really good thread on this subject.. let me find it.. I have some really good connects for reggie as I am in TX and prices have gone from 280 a brick to like 450 minimum..

purpleberry

purpleberry

It had to be about 1999 I could get lbs of bright green brick for $400 that was pretty good, could get $50 a 1/4 all day long. lol Didnt last to long til the crap started showing up again. Back then CA was mostly brick weed, Now Im not sure i could get any, its all dank now. And the mexicans grow it in the mountains now, I watch the DEA fly over my house everyday in harvest season, heading to search the hills for grows. I think they pull 500,000+ plants every year and probally dont dent whats up there. I always wanted to do a gorila grow in the mountains, but i dont want to cross paths with the wrong guys.

T

Time

I scored some decent beans from some schwagg back in the day.

More often than not mex = crap because of how they treat it. Mex is dried out a little, pressed into bricks and then off it goes.

L

lonewolf99

I'm just glad I have a collection of seeds from when bricks from Mexico were Mexican genes!

It's a crap shoot finding the killer plants though, but I have a couple of keeper cuts that I've been enjoying for a few years and prefer to just about any commercial seeds I've bought.

D

dexter840

first seeds i ran inside i called "arizona mitch". i didn't want to kill high priced seeds my first round with hydro. worked damned nice, definately yeilded a g per watt plus a little, took 11 weeks though. darn fine smoke too but it went out when the diesel came to me

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
heres a pic of a nugget from some brickweed. this stuff just looks sick and there is no seeds at all.

DSCN1381
DSCN1380
C

cozymon

That looks like some dank that someone literally sat on for a while. lol

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
lol thats what im saying it keeps getting better and better thats shits purple and 925 a lbs. peeps pay 100 bux an ounce no problem. i wanted some seeds from this batch but i cant seem to find any

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
u can find bomb no doubt but in the right place about a year ago there was some that was around it was mex and this was almost just as close as some hydro flying off the shelf by itself neon green

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i guess it evens out tho cuz the rest of the year your trying to convince peeps its not reg..lol

O

onehitquiter

ya ive been n been seeing a lot better regs around less seeds more limey green

Top Bottom