what strains are mexican brickweed?

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i would think seeds found before 95 have a higher percentage of being good old school stock or atleast with less outside genes breed into them. but i could be wrong but i remeber getting some decent brick here and there around that time, maybe a bit earlier

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

I live in the south and I smoketh a lot of the brick weed. Usually goes for atleast 800 to 900/lbs no matter the grade, and more times than less it is stringy and dry and very seedy... otherwise known as dirt. But over the last few months Ive been getting this kick ass shit that really is like the best reggie ive ever smoked. It is dark green with a few red hairs. It has small amount of almost black seed and some are brownish grey with no stripe. The smell is lovely, i just cant make words to describe it. Anyways, im thinking about popping a few of the seeds and was wandering if any of you guys are familiar to this bud and maybe know its origins or what it is.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
this is a post i made earlier in the thread, you may have saw it or may not have. but from the reading i have done on it this seems to be the general theory about brick seed. not saying you cant find good females, and whats it gonna hurt to pop them seeds and see whats going on anyway? gl and keep us posted in this thread.

yeah growing out brick bag seed is a long shot. they pull all the males when they see them so the only seeds you are gonna get are from females that hermi. if it has bud they wont bother to take her down as they will get around the same price for the weed with or without seeds

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
this thread was original started in reefermans forum but i have now moved it into this section as it has some good info in it.

winta

winta

i just smoked some good mexi and out of a zip there was only one plump oily bean in it :) once i get room ill have to start my search lol

R

RonMac559

Man, i have a babyfood jar full of ripe beans i picked out of an elbow of some sierra outdoor i got from some mexicanos... All nice and mottled some big ones some little bitty ones, have no clue on the genetics of these beans but i have about 6 test plants in flower all different in one way or another but most have a creamy, peppery, fruity smell with the exception of one or two which have more of a kushy/skunky smell. The two that smell different are different statures too, one is stretching much more and the other is staying short and bushy. the one that is stretching has only shown preflowers no crowns yet either. Any input? I'll try to post some pics in a while...

Photo Update - These were taken on 8/7...
The first four are of one plant, sweet smell kinda peppery, almost smells like that halloween bubble gum in the wax paper wrapper. Next five are of the short bushy stinker, nothing sweet about this one... Next three are another lady almost exactly the same as the plant in the first four pics, one or the other smells a little sweeter. Next three are of one of the late bloomers she's showing crowns already but comin along slowly not much smell, maybe a little like the first plant. And the last ones are of the late late bloomer who hasn't even crowned yet but smells stinky like the short bushy plant, only this lady is more leggy than her sister... I also just chopped an indoor version of these seeds earlier tonight so i'll post some pics of that one manana... Till then, any thoughts??

DSC05248
DSC05250
DSC05251
DSC05252
DSC05253
DSC05254
DSC05255
DSC05256
DSC05257
DSC05258
DSC05259
DSC05260
DSC05261
DSC05262
DSC05263
DSC05264
DSC05265
DSC05266
DSC05267
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i got some with that peppery smell as well. i can still remember the smell. after it was all said and done all my females hermied in some way or another and my boy got one female that did not and it grew like a skunk, same leaves and bud structure and a skunky smell he plucked it at 60 days. it had airy buds with a little piss/pepper smell with maroon hairs all over it. it could have gone longer and it got you about as high as the mid did. after this experience ill never grow out brick weed again unless its some fire ass smoke. but i wont assume i can make it better if i grow it right

J

Jarles Moby

There seems to be a shortage of south american strains these days. Its too bad no one carries any seeds from these areas, at least that I know of

R

RonMac559

i got some with that peppery smell as well. i can still remember the smell. after it was all said and done all my females hermied in some way or another and my boy got one female that did not and it grew like a skunk, same leaves and bud structure and a skunky smell he plucked it at 60 days. it had airy buds with a little piss/pepper smell with maroon hairs all over it. it could have gone longer and it got you about as high as the mid did. after this experience ill never grow out brick weed again unless its some fire ass smoke. but i wont assume i can make it better if i grow it right

Speaking of hermies, all the ones i've flowered out have done the same... honestly they smell pretty good but i agree with you about the high... its all good though, with as many seeds as i have, i can try to select some winners and cross them...

heres some drying pics of the indoor one i had, i still cant figure out what genetics i'm workin with but they dont look too bad IMHO...

DSC05280
DSC05284
DSC05285
winta

winta

some of the best mexi ive seen in a minute bro! great job! i got some beans out of a batch that looked like that and a purple batch that tasted/smelled sweet and peppery but hearin the hermie issues im nervous to pop them lol

R

RonMac559

some of the best mexi ive seen in a minute bro! great job! i got some beans out of a batch that looked like that and a purple batch that tasted/smelled sweet and peppery but hearin the hermie issues im nervous to pop them lol

Yeah, it always bums me out when i gotta chop early because of herms... i guess thats the price i pay for working with unknown genetics, maybe more like the risk im takin... i'm pretty satisfied though, i just grow these out for personal smoke, i smoke throughout the day so it works out for my needs since i cant afford to buy such an amount... got it drying/curing now so we'll see what it smokes like after some time in the jar. I tried a bit to see where its at (and because i'm impatient) for not being completely dry or cured at all it was surprisingly sweet and smooth but the taste is hard to describe cuz ive never had something that tasted quite like this.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
does it taste like the bud it came from? your doing a great job growing them. i bet those late bloomers are gonna be real nice if they dont herm.

R

RonMac559

BTW thanks for the kudos, Its curing as we speak... I was surprised myself at the quality of these nugs. The only bad part is that they aren't as dense as i would've liked them but thats probably just cuz i flowered her under a T8 shoplight... With the way these turned out i'll definitely be steppin up my game the next round, maybe a small hps or something... As far as the herm issues, i didn't have any pollination problems this round and there were very few before i chopped but i did notice more trying to peek out as i was trimming it up...

R

RonMac559

does it taste like the bud it came from? your doing a great job growing them. i bet those late bloomers are gonna be real nice if they dont herm.

Thanks KT... Actually, the bud they came from had this kinda hashy/blueberry taste/smell when they were broken up and smoked. It wasn't very significant since the bud they came from wasn't properly cured, but i could vaguely make out some familiar smells and tastes. I did notice some similarities between the two while the plants were growing as far as smell goes, but now that they've been dried and are curing they are getting this nice sweet smell with that hint of pepper which doesn't remind me of the parent bud at all... Fortunately, the buds that hermied didnt cause any problems this time so the late bloomers may still have some potential, they have just crowned in the last week but the weather has gotten kinda chilly at night, hopefully it doesnt become a problem, maybe it'll bring out some colors in them girls...

W

waverunner_21

i went round south america for a while, not to long ago, collected loads of seeds, gonna pop 2 or 3 every run, and see what comes out. the was so much variation in what we smoked out there so, im looking forward to it

J

jetcat

how did i miss this thread?!!! its great to see others with the same enthusiasm for Mexican genetics. i recently traded some of my own genetics for around twenty seeds of what my friend calls Mexican originally from Mexico. he got them from friends in Mexico that have grown out 4 generations. he claims that they have become more stable with each generation having less and less seeds. he said the 5th generation will be the keepers. the strain is called lemon something. he wouldn't tell me the full name lol. so i flowered out 7 of these monster sativas in a room along side bluedream, platinum og, and odyssey. everything was fine for the the first four weeks. then..... yup they all started herming out. those flowers are sneaky little bitches. not obvious big yellow things ive seen in the past. but tiny green bananas barely visible to the eye. long story short i ended up with thousands of seeds which i am still sitting on and have yet to test. i later found some major light leaks in that room. i talked to another mexican friend of mine who knew someone here in the states who was growing mex successfully indoors simply by keeping a mother. he claimed that mothering it helped stablize it and produces sinsimilla. ive been vegging it for the last 6 months and am on about the 5th generation clone at this point. someday i will find the right space to experiment with this big ass peppery tomato plant momma. other strains mentioned were cola de borregas (spirit cola) and lima limon, sin similla(not seedless). these plants(the lemon mex) are supposed to support their own weight outdoors yeilding over a pound with no staking.

slausongardens

slausongardens

i seen someone mention some mexican cats showin up in the dam and buying suitcases of seeds.. thats crazy as fuck cuz thats exactly what i was gonna say.. i grew up on the az/mexico border and my friends family runs large farms out there and he was telling me they went to amsterdam one year and got thousands of thousands of bomb seeds and that shit turned out crazy.. cool that someone else knows that story..

but in az around christmas the commercial weed turns hella bomb.. almost like chronic, bright green, red hairs, barely any seeds, sometimes even fluffy.. earthy smell.. we call em christmas buds and they'll go for $600 a pound which is insane for az, most commerical weed is like $350-$450 a pound there. so 6-650 is like holy shit but its definitely worth it. summertime weed sucks there..

i grew up taking runs to the midwest and east coast with hundreds of ps.. or catching jamaicans from philly or ny in the clubs in tucson and knowing exactly wtf theyre in town for.

so basically some of the genetics are good but they get fucked up in packaging

squarepusher

squarepusher

2 factors of mexican quality
1) such large farms, its hard to manage quality on every plant
2) transportation and also mass processing is less than optimum

J

jetcat

some people are using full blown hermies off to the side of their farms to produce female seeds for next year.... that can't be good practice... but then again ive never tried it so i can't really say.

The Joker

The Joker

Maybe that's why your name is the joker cause your clown bro very ignorant remark there kids are assholes 2 so u meet all of there kids LOL im sure there is not one white person doing this as well.

Wow, never saw the responses. But what makes you think I'm white? I'm latino. Shockingly, went to college, never had kids I could not afford, traveled the world, not living up to any stereotype.

And I have dealt with Nortenos and Sureno's since I moved to Cali. Assholes all of them. If your kid is in a gang , you have failed as a parent.

So for all the people assuming I'm white because I don't think gun toting thugs cutting trees and dumping chemicals in the forest is the right thing to do, kiss off. I love hiking our national parks and think that the cartels raping the forest suck.

Read the papers and get real about whose doing what in California national parks.

Now , if you think I mean every Mexican ...no... but I quickly learned not to wear red or blue when I moved here and had no clue when these idiots kept asking me "where I was from".

Pisses me off even more because I'm college educated and articulate to have people tell me I'm "basically white". Just as ignorant.

Top Bottom