GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Wrong. 6.3 to 6.8 is average pH of slightly above 6.5

Add 1 part of pH 6.0 material
Add 1 part of pH 7.0 material

Results in pH 6.5

Because 6.5 is halfway between 6.0 and 7.0

Because mathematics
Yeah, nothing in nature is perfect, not even the result of PH. You’re assuming that when you add 7 ph water that it automatically affects your mediums ph which is wrong, it’s actually something that happens over time.

M

Mastrosso

Yeah, nothing in nature is perfect, not even the result of PH. You’re assuming that when you add 7 ph water that it automatically affects your mediums ph which is wrong, it’s actually something that happens over time.

Did you even read my comment?

I did not say 1 part water. I said 1 part cow manure. The cow manure gets evenly mixed into the soil just as I do with the coco perlite. And the amount of cow manure is equal to the amount of coco perlite.

There is a big difference between mixing in manure and mixing in water. Not the same thing.

Furthermore, target pH of Coast of Maine Lobster Compost is 6.5 and there is more lobster in my mix than coco, probably about 8% or 9% lobster but only about 5% or maybe 6% coco.

I also add a little bit of Coast of Maine Earthworm Castings which has a target pH of 6.8

So when you consider all of this information I doubt I'd be as low as 6.2. Maybe 6.4, but probably more like 6.5 to 6.7 when initially mixed.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I did not say 1 part water. I said 1 part cow manure. The cow manure gets evenly mixed into the soil just as I do with the coco perlite. And the amount of cow manure is equal to the amount of coco perlite.

There is a big difference between mixing in manure and mixing in water. Not the same thing.

Furthermore, target pH of Coast of Maine Lobster Compost is 6.5 and there is more lobster in my mix than coco, probably about 8% or 9% lobster but only about 5% or maybe 6% coco.

I also add a little bit of Coast of Maine Earthworm Castings which has a target pH of 6.8

So when you consider all of this information I doubt I'd be as low as 6.2. Maybe 6.4, but probably more like 6.5 to 6.7 when initially mixed.
Look, I don’t want to tell you what’s right or wrong as I’m sure most people here will avoid doing, but you asked for advice and people are offering their opinions, if you disagree that is entirely your right but do it in a nice manner bud, I’m just offering my take and you are welcome to do what you want with it. I’d still say your ph is between 6.2 and 6.4 btw.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Look, I don’t want to tell you what’s right or wrong as I’m sure most people here will avoid doing, but you asked for advice and people are offering their opinions, if you disagree that is entirely your right but do it in a nice manner bud, I’m just offering my take and you are welcome to do what you want with it. I’d still say your ph is between 6.2 and 6.4 btw.
Way to be homie.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

ph means nothing when growing organically., i have no clue of ph indoors or outdoors..
indoor grow..

M

Mastrosso

I feel like this thread has kind of derailed. I came here asking if anyone knows what is wrong with this ONE SINGLE PLANT. Every single one of the other plants I've started this year are doing FANTASTIC. What does this mean?

It means overall I'm happy with my soil mix and fertilizer regimen, because except for this one plant, I am having the best results I've ever had. There is something unique about this one plant that is holding it back, that is not effecting any other plants on my property or my friends properties (multiple friends of mine are using my soil mix and plants that I started from seed myself in my bedroom). If it is only THIS ONE PLANT and the other plants are doing amazing then the problem is not primarily due to having crappy soil. Nor is it due to my fertilizer regimen being absolutely horrible. Otherwise, my other plants would not all be doing amazing.

But everyone keeps responding with something along the lines of "your soil sucks" or "your fertilizer sucks" or "the pH of your soil mix sucks", not taking into account that if this were true then most of my other plants would not be doing well.

Different types of plants do have different needs and Bubba kush is known to be a heavy feeder. But I also don't want to just assume it only has a deficiency if it might not. The people that mentioned the virus were helpful since that is actually consistent with "a bunch of plants are doing great, but one plant on the same regimen simply doesn't do nearly as well as the others". The problem is unique to this plant. Therefore if you think the problem is the same soil I give to all of my plants, then you are wrong, since it's only this one plant that's having the issue.

It is possible that I've been underfertilizing considering Bubba kush feeds more heavily than other strains. If it has higher nutrient requirements, then in theory, if my fertilizer regimen is normally perfect for cannabis plants, then it will be too lacking for a cannabis plant that has higher nutrient requirements than normal.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I feel like this thread has kind of derailed. I came here asking if anyone knows what is wrong with this ONE SINGLE PLANT. Every single one of the other plants I've started this year are doing FANTASTIC. What does this mean?

It means overall I'm happy with my soil mix and fertilizer regimen, because except for this one plant, I am having the best results I've ever had. There is something unique about this one plant that is holding it back, that is not effecting any other plants on my property or my friends properties (multiple friends of mine are using my soil mix and plants that I started from seed myself in my bedroom). If it is only THIS ONE PLANT and the other plants are doing amazing then the problem is not primarily due to having crappy soil. Nor is it due to my fertilizer regimen being absolutely horrible. Otherwise, my other plants would not all be doing amazing.

But everyone keeps responding with something along the lines of "your soil sucks" or "your fertilizer sucks" or "the pH of your soil mix sucks", not taking into account that if this were true then most of my other plants would not be doing well.

Different types of plants do have different needs and Bubba kush is known to be a heavy feeder. But I also don't want to just assume it only has a deficiency if it might not. The people that mentioned the virus were helpful since that is actually consistent with "a bunch of plants are doing great, but one plant on the same regimen simply doesn't do nearly as well as the others". The problem is unique to this plant. Therefore if you think the problem is the same soil I give to all of my plants, then you are wrong, since it's only this one plant that's having the issue.

It is possible that I've been underfertilizing considering Bubba kush feeds more heavily than other strains. If it has higher nutrient requirements, then in theory, if my fertilizer regimen is normally perfect for cannabis plants, then it will be too lacking for a cannabis plant that has higher nutrient requirements than normal.
You know bro, it happens, sometimes there is just a Murphy plant. Just to test your mettle. lol fuckers……🤣

M

Mastrosso

I legit can’t even remember the last time I checked ph…….
For soil it isn't necessary to check pH very often

pH of soil does matter though, it just doesn't fluctuate as quickly as other methods obviously

But if you have a soil with pH outside of what you want, it isn't good

Thing is, based on basic mathematics when you combine the amounts of my different materials and their known target pH then it's easy to see my pH of my base mix is fine. Adding nutrients and stuff will gradually lower pH but gardeners generally only adjust pH once per season with dolomite lime and that's all you generally do. But it isn't like we gotta play with pH up or pH down every time we feed our plants.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

The name of your thread is “what type of deficiency is this” so immediately you have planted the seed for everyone viewing it that it may be a def, and you seemed to believe it was at the time you wrote your post.

No one has said your soil/fert sucks and I’m sure it’s great for all the other plants that we aren’t here to discuss, but as for the plant in question it’s bubba kush and it needs a slightly higher PH in bloom between 6.6 to 6.8. You can never compare different plants to one another it’ll be a recipe for failure.

I truly hope you find the issue and get it figured out in time for a great yield bud.

M

Mastrosso

You know bro, it happens, sometimes there is just a Murphy plant. Just to test your mettle. lol fuckers……🤣
I fucking hate bubba kush. The other bubba kush plant flowered from heat stress before I got my AC, it was 90 degrees one day back in May. It was flowering at around 30 days old, the other one. That one I put into a 3 gallon pot and let it go but it ended up getting bud rot. They say plants that flower prematurely tend to get the rot. It was also in an area with pure air circulation though, because it went beyond my legal limit of plants to have and once I put it outside I didn't want it to easily be seen, so I put it right up against the house behind a corner of the house where nobody can normally see.

So the other Bubba kush plant was a complete failure. This second Bubba kush plant better turn it around and put out some great bud or I'm never growing bubba kush again. It isn't too bad though, here's a pic of some of the new leaves which are doing much better than the other leaves I posted.

20230816 125724
M

Mastrosso

The name of your thread is “what type of deficiency is this” so immediately you have planted the seed for everyone viewing it that it may be a def, and you seemed to believe it was at the time you wrote your post.

No one has said your soil/fert sucks and I’m sure it’s great for all the other plants that we aren’t here to discuss, but as for the plant in question it’s bubba kush and it needs a slightly higher PH in bloom between 6.6 to 6.8. You can never compare different plants to one another it’ll be a recipe for failure.

I truly hope you find the issue and get it figured out in time for a great yield bud.

But a nutrient deficiency is ultimately in the plant, not the soil. The soil may also be deficient and that could be the cause of a plant being deficient in nutrients. However, the deficiency is always first and foremost in the plant. A plant can experience nutrient deficiency even if the soil has plenty of nutrients in it for several possible reasons:

1. Soil pH can also cause deficiency, as you noted, it isn't just soil NPK

2. Underwatering can prevent the plant from absorbing nutrients

3. Overwatering can cause the plants roots to shield themselves from absorbing anything, resulting in nutrient deficiency

4. Excess of certain nutrients can lock other nutrients out, preventing their absorption into the plant, causing a nutrient deficiency

5. Nutrient deficiency can be caused by genetic abnormalities

6. Disease can cause nutrient deficiency

7. Soil being too compact and not aerated enough can also cause nutrient deficiency

So while it is normal for growers to immediately assume a deficiency is due to poor soil or lack of fertilizer, it simply is not always as simple as "your soil sucks bro"

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

But a nutrient deficiency is ultimately in the plant, not the soil. The soil may also be deficient and that could be the cause of a plant being deficient in nutrients. However, the deficiency is always first and foremost in the plant. A plant can experience nutrient deficiency even if the soil has plenty of nutrients in it for several possible reasons:

1. Soil pH can also cause deficiency, as you noted, it isn't just soil NPK

2. Underwatering can prevent the plant from absorbing nutrients

3. Overwatering can cause the plants roots to shield themselves from absorbing anything, resulting in nutrient deficiency

4. Excess of certain nutrients can lock other nutrients out, preventing their absorption into the plant, causing a nutrient deficiency

5. Nutrient deficiency can be caused by genetic abnormalities

6. Disease can cause nutrient deficiency

7. Soil being too compact and not aerated enough can also cause nutrient deficiency

So while it is normal for growers to immediately assume a deficiency is due to poor soil or lack of fertilizer, it simply is not always as simple as "your soil sucks bro"
Precisely and personally I believe it’s a PH problem…not a soil problem, not bad ferts, these aren’t problems, they are causes, the problem would be the low PH or a def. The cause would be lack of or excess of something.

M

Mastrosso

Precisely and personally I believe it’s a PH problem…not a soil problem, not bad ferts, these aren’t problems, they are causes, the problem would be the low PH or a def. The cause would be lack of or excess of something.

But why don't my other plants grown in the same soil mix have a pH problem?

This is why I'm leaning more towards genetic or viral. I hear that virus is very common.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

But why don't my other plants grown in the same soil mix have a pH problem?

This is why I'm leaning more towards genetic or viral. I hear that virus is very common.
Because your other plants are likely less demanding strains, some strains are really picky for feeds, some like certain PH, some like less light intensity, more airflow etc etc it’s just trial and error but since it’s only one strain and the rest are fine I’d say it is a ph issue and that the plant is telling you it wants something changed

M

Mastrosso

Because your other plants are likely less demanding strains, some strains are really picky for feeds, some like certain PH, some like less light intensity, more airflow etc etc it’s just trial and error but since it’s only one strain and the rest are fine I’d say it is a ph issue and that the plant is telling you it wants something changed

Right this is what I mean though, it's probably something unique to this plant's needs, not an issue with my soil's pH in general.

You said bubba kush likes a higher pH so I'll look into that. I have some pH strips and I have some relatively cheap pH gages but they don't work very well. I want to buy a really good one but they are expensive and I'm in the middle of moving right now, so my money is tight.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Right this is what I mean though, it's probably something unique to this plant's needs, not an issue with my soil's pH in general.

You said bubba kush likes a higher pH so I'll look into that. I have some pH strips and I have some relatively cheap pH gages but they don't work very well. I want to buy a really good one but they are expensive and I'm in the middle of moving right now, so my money is tight.
Worst case scenario get a $10 4 way meter off Amazon and use that, or just test runoff. I don’t think that your soil mix is a problem generally, just for the plant we’re discussing

Let’s get to helping you make sure it’s some 🔥

M

Mastrosso

Worst case scenario get a $10 4 way meter off Amazon and use that, or just test runoff. I don’t think that your soil mix is a problem generally, just for the plant we’re discussing

Let’s get to helping you make sure it’s some 🔥

I bought a couple of those cheap pH meters and they don't work

You need to buy an expensive one to get accurate results. Using a cheap one and getting an inaccurate reading is more likely to make you fuck your pH up rather than fix it. Based on the fact that my other plants are doing just fine in my soil mix I'm doubtful it's the pH.

Also someone here claimed the pH for bubba kush should be 6.8, but most resources on bubba kush online say 5.8 to 6.8, meaning if you aim for 6.8 it might be too high. Also, 5.8 to 6.8 is the range for cannabis in general, meaning the Bubba kush should be fine in soil that works great for all other plants.

I know you say "pH for bubba kush should be higher during flower" but when growing in soil you shouldn't make your pH skyrocket up or down all the time. This isn't hydro. And it's foolish to try adjusting your pH without an accurate reading. I have been planning to buy a pH tester but quite frankly I just can't afford it right now. I've already invested over $10,000 into my grows this year and at this point I'm pretty much broke. A couple days ago I got a flat tire because I wore down my tire so much that it had no tread on it and all the rubber was gone. I had put off replacing my tires because I have been investing in my grows as these plants are my number one priority in my life right now. I attached some pictures of my tires. I got two new tires yesterday but I also have to buy a new chicken coop this weekend which is $1500. I simply can't afford to buy a new pH tester right now - quite frankly I'd rather shoot myself in the fucking head than spend more money right now. And without an expensive pH tester you'll just get a bad reading and fuck your pH up if you try and rely on shitty information.

I'm starting to feel dumber as a result of being on this website. I shouldn't have expected to become smarter by asking a question to a bunch of fucking stoners.

At this point you all make me want to douse my plants with gasoline, set myself on fire, and shoot myself in the fucking head. Then I won't have to listen to your stupid responses telling me that it's my pH when all of my other plants are doing fine in my soil mix. Obviously it isn't the fucking soil you retards. My car is falling apart and my life is falling apart because all I do is invest money in my grows and I'm just ready to pull the fucking trigger at this point. I want to make my bedroom wall into a work of art by splattering my brains all over it. Then I don't have to think about this shitty bubba kush plant or listen to your stupid opinions on why it is such a fucking joke of a plant.

20230816 152305
20230816 152317
20230816 152317
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I bought a couple of those cheap pH meters and they don't work

You need to buy an expensive one to get accurate results. Using a cheap one and getting an inaccurate reading is more likely to make you fuck your pH up rather than fix it. Based on the fact that my other plants are doing just fine in my soil mix I'm doubtful it's the pH.

Also someone here claimed the pH for bubba kush should be 6.8, but most resources on bubba kush online say 5.8 to 6.8, meaning if you aim for 6.8 it might be too high. Also, 5.8 to 6.8 is the range for cannabis in general, meaning the Bubba kush should be fine in soil that works great for all other plants.

I know you say "pH for bubba kush should be higher during flower" but when growing in soil you shouldn't make your pH skyrocket up or down all the time. This isn't hydro. And it's foolish to try adjusting your pH without an accurate reading. I have been planning to buy a pH tester but quite frankly I just can't afford it right now. I've already invested over $10,000 into my grows this year and at this point I'm pretty much broke. A couple days ago I got a flat tire because I wore down my tire so much that it had no tread on it and all the rubber was gone. I had put off replacing my tires because I have been investing in my grows as these plants are my number one priority in my life right now. I attached some pictures of my tires. I got two new tires yesterday but I also have to buy a new chicken coop this weekend which is $1500. I simply can't afford to buy a new pH tester right now - quite frankly I'd rather shoot myself in the fucking head than spend more money right now. And without an expensive pH tester you'll just get a bad reading and fuck your pH up if you try and rely on shitty information.

I'm starting to feel dumber as a result of being on this website. I shouldn't have expected to become smarter by asking a question to a bunch of fucking stoners.

At this point you all make me want to douse my plants with gasoline, set myself on fire, and shoot myself in the fucking head. Then I won't have to listen to your stupid responses telling me that it's my pH when all of my other plants are doing fine in my soil mix. Obviously it isn't the fucking soil you retards. My car is falling apart and my life is falling apart because all I do is invest money in my grows and I'm just ready to pull the fucking trigger at this point. I want to make my bedroom wall into a work of art by splattering my brains all over it. Then I don't have to think about this shitty bubba kush plant or listen to your stupid opinions on why it is such a fucking joke of a plant.
well well!..
true colours appear..
uummmm maybe it’s not us, maybe it’s you?.
i can’t even fathom the thought of what could of cost you thousands of dollars in growing??
apologize or your banned..

M

Mastrosso

well well!..
true colours appear..
uummmm maybe it’s not us, maybe it’s you?.
i can’t even fathom the thought of what could of cost you thousands of dollars in growing??
apologize or your banned..

Ban me, your forum fucking sucks and I'm not apologizing to you. Most of the people here are half retarded and the rest are 100% retarded.

I have plants all over fucking New England asshole. Just in one trip one time I bought forty 50-pound bags of Fox Farm, which is 2,000 pounds of Fox Farm soil at one time. And that was only one time, I would keep following up every couple weeks buying more soil and also spent alot of money on nutes.

I hope you die from cancer.

Top Bottom