What would you do before changing cycle?

• Thread starter Alunaone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’ve been here before too. Like the guys said don’t be afraid to go at these with a machete. It will not be a perfect harvest but a good experience and you gotta keep them out of your light.

I’d clone them at the apical meristem and those clones will be so strong you might actually consider starting over

freezeland2

freezeland2

If they were outside have you checked for pests? Easier to treat while still in veg. With the reveg that occurred there is a lot of foliage close to the main stems typically. Ideal place for pests to have hidden. They look good.

A

Alunaone

If they were outside have you checked for pests? Easier to treat while still in veg. With the reveg that occurred there is a lot of foliage close to the main stems typically. Ideal place for pests to have hidden. They look good.
Now that you mention it, I have seen one or two tiny "flying mites" when I open the tent!

A

Alunaone

I’ve been here before too. Like the guys said don’t be afraid to go at these with a machete. It will not be a perfect harvest but a good experience and you gotta keep them out of your light.

I’d clone them at the apical meristem and those clones will be so strong you might actually consider starting over
Think I'm going to persist tbh theres no way the gf would le me pull them 😄 thankyou tho 🙏

A

Alunaone

cover that with bar style leds wall to wall. i dont use brand fixtures. got a diy i’ve been using but even chinese knockoffs off aliexpress can grow beautiful weed. may run a bit hotter and waste a bit more electricity but would get you there. other than that when you can afford it there are many name brands like mars and stuff and they all are excellent at this point in the evolution of led. oh and i’d shoot for a 1000w fixture over that canopy. that would be ideal for that space.
Hey mate, I've decided to set up another grow tent. Probably a 1.2m 1.2m x 2m to start clones/veg. I'm thinking maybe put the two 600s into the flower text, and a led for the clone/veg. The shop guy can sell me a good quality 600 watt digital for $200au or I get a Mars ts1000watt for $170au. How will the plants react going from led to mh? The other consideration is I need flip them tomorrow so will be taking cuttings and can't really wait for a delivery from ebay. What would ya do? Probably just get the 600 digital? What setting would you use for clones? 250watt, and at what stage increase wattage?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hey mate, I've decided to set up another grow tent. Probably a 1.2m 1.2m x 2m to start clones/veg. I'm thinking maybe put the two 600s into the flower text, and a led for the clone/veg. The shop guy can sell me a good quality 600 watt digital for $200au or I get a Mars ts1000watt for $170au. How will the plants react going from led to mh? The other consideration is I need flip them tomorrow so will be taking cuttings and can't really wait for a delivery from ebay. What would ya do? Probably just get the 600 digital? What setting would you use for clones? 250watt, and at what stage increase wattage?
first off they wouldnt be affected by switching to mh from leds.

i personally like to cover the whole tent so there are no dark spots and with ts1000s the coverage would be less than optimal. those are 150w true watts and only 38x33cm so they would hang pretty small for that space. 2 of them can veg fine for you at that wattage but i really would be happier with a 100x100cm fixture with the same 300w. it would just provide a much much better coverage.

lastly clones dont really need much light, you dont have to be in a hurry to order or decide for the sake of clones. just take you clones with clean tools, dip in hormone if you choose, stick them into pure coco and put a dome over them. as far as the lighting goes all you need is a couple of led t5s or 7w led bulbs. just 2 of them, dont even bother with taking the diffusers off. just hang those over the dome and wait for roots, this setup will give you atleast 2 weeks to order a kickass light.

also because hps puts out a lot of ir personally i’d veg under mh (if i was using hid) and flower under leds because less ir usually translates to “better” plant morphology and more terpenes. i think for your space (2.4x1.2m) 2 lumatek zeus pro 600w or 2 mars hydro fc6500 would work really well. wall to wall coverage and you can dim them to get the most out of the diodes.

A

Alunaone

first off they wouldnt be affected by switching to mh from leds.

i personally like to cover the whole tent so there are no dark spots and with ts1000s the coverage would be less than optimal. those are 150w true watts and only 38x33cm so they would hang pretty small for that space. 2 of them can veg fine for you at that wattage but i really would be happier with a 100x100cm fixture with the same 300w. it would just provide a much much better coverage.

lastly clones dont really need much light, you dont have to be in a hurry to order or decide for the sake of clones. just take you clones with clean tools, dip in hormone if you choose, stick them into pure coco and put a dome over them. as far as the lighting goes all you need is a couple of led t5s or 7w led bulbs. just 2 of them, dont even bother with taking the diffusers off. just hang those over the dome and wait for roots, this setup will give you atleast 2 weeks to order a kickass light.

also because hps puts out a lot of ir personally i’d veg under mh (if i was using hid) and flower under leds because less ir usually translates to “better” plant morphology and more terpenes. i think for your space (2.4x1.2m) 2 lumatek zeus pro 600w or 2 mars hydro fc6500 would work really well. wall to wall coverage and you can dim them to get the most out of the diodes.
Legend, appreciate the knowledge 🙏

A

Alunaone

So I gave two of them a good trim and put a net over them a few days after these replies. Everything is looking good apart from condensation, we had a black out a week ago and the fan switched off when my gf switch back on she left it on low speed and no oscillation. I'm leaving the tent open in spots as much as possible. There is also something taking a few bites from one or two leaves but doesn't seem to be an issue. Any pointers at this stage would be much appreciated. Regards. p.

20220514 172732 jpg
20220514 172116 jpg
H

hawkman

Hey, how's it going? Great looking plants. Here's a video that may assist you. Have a good day.
a very good info potcast (Green Flower.com) consider a heavy defoliation 2 days before flower flip _more light = more buds --Remember the 1st 1-3 weeks one is developing bud site development. Then again defoliation is strain dependent cultivating - hybrids will need defo more than 100% sativa's

A

Alunaone

a very good info potcast (Green Flower.com) consider a heavy defoliation 2 days before flower flip _more light = more buds --Remember the 1st 1-3 weeks one is developing bud site development. Then again defoliation is strain dependent cultivating - hybrids will need defo more than 100% sativa's
I defoliated 25% to 30% removing a lot of lower branches but and leaves allowing light penetration. In hindsight I should have removed more. The strain is White Rhino. ✌

Top Bottom