What Would You Do If Your Caregiver Quit On You?

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
A true caregiver gives freely to those in REAL need, without expectation of compensation. If you really care, you give freely...
Don't know your health issues but the way we roll folks who are not just looking to get baked get meds from us for free, all they got to do is ask and not take advantage of our generosity. just lost a friend to MS and he would get free QPs and he would also pass along to other MS patients.
It has and continues to come back to us in ways way beyond monetary compensation....
Just to see my friends shaking slow down and the smile he got from the little relief he got from the meds I gave him is way worth more than the money......

FiveAM

FiveAM

Well I honestly hear both sides of the issue... I agree with @colostoney that a lot of patients seem to be overly entitled. I just got rid of one myself. I also agree with @LittleDabbie that a good caregiver needs to take in to account the needs/wants of his patients. My issue came from my patient moving to strictly oils/wax (which i do not produce) and was no longer buying product. Because the laws in Michigan are so strict on who we can sell to, i just needed patients who actually wanted premium flowers... needless to say he was upset ( i think upset because , guys , I give my patients WAY too many freebies which he always gladly took)... I did my best to make him happy (gave him his allotment, 2.5ozs, for free as a parting gift....) but he seemed to leave shitty.. Not as bad as colostoney dealt with but hurt feelings none the less, made it worse that he decided to become his own caregiver and asked for my Yooper clone , one of the Mackinaw OG's he loved and a double koosh pheno he loved ... I said no. I explained I had put the time energy and money into the beans and felt he had done nothing to promote or help me be a better caregiver throughout the last year (ie: buy some seeds and give them to me!, get some elite clones to me you always talk about having access too..etc..).. etc. etc.. you guys get the idea,,, I truly get both sides and feel both sides need to be more aware of the others position. As a caregiver/patient my closing thought is if you find a provider whose meds you like treat him like GOLD I promise he will treat you the same.

Exactly why I meet everyone at their house and deal with them on their terms. I don't need some ex "patient" showing up with his buddies for any reason, good or bad.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I honestly hear both sides of the issue... I agree with @colostoney that a lot of patients seem to be overly entitled. I just got rid of one myself. I also agree with @LittleDabbie that a good caregiver needs to take in to account the needs/wants of his patients. My issue came from my patient moving to strictly oils/wax (which i do not produce) and was no longer buying product. Because the laws in Michigan are so strict on who we can sell to, i just needed patients who actually wanted premium flowers... needless to say he was upset ( i think upset because , guys , I give my patients WAY too many freebies which he always gladly took)... I did my best to make him happy (gave him his allotment, 2.5ozs, for free as a parting gift....) but he seemed to leave shitty.. Not as bad as colostoney dealt with but hurt feelings none the less, made it worse that he decided to become his own caregiver and asked for my Yooper clone , one of the Mackinaw OG's he loved and a double koosh pheno he loved ... I said no. I explained I had put the time energy and money into the beans and felt he had done nothing to promote or help me be a better caregiver throughout the last year (ie: buy some seeds and give them to me!, get some elite clones to me you always talk about having access too..etc..).. etc. etc.. you guys get the idea,,, I truly get both sides and feel both sides need to be more aware of the others position. As a caregiver/patient my closing thought is if you find a provider whose meds you like treat him like GOLD I promise he will treat you the same.

@Andy Genesis hit that right on the head. Well said man. I have been very free and not out to get rich, just have enough for my needs and some patients. I do work hard at working strains that work for us all.

Over the years I must admit seems like most folks after a while start to take shit for granted. No surprise there I guess.:( Some patients don't have a clue how much work and love a lot of us put into our ladies. And yes, I too have had a couple along the line that got to be too much to deal with and we had to part ways. One dude and no I cant prove it, I believe was responsible for Ripping my crop a few months after our split. He was the only patient that had my home address. That is water under the bridge, I have moved on from that shit.

I had another patient started dabbn pretty heavy and it pretty much ruined his taste for good flowers. So from then on he was always complaining about flower quality even if it was "Forest Fire", material and it typically was. I just shook my head at that cause, he just wouldn't listen to reason, that the reason flowers weren't working for him anymore was his tolerance from the erl was sky-high.

And on that note, LD is gonna be just fine. Like I said before where a window closes a door opens. And it looks like he's on his way to being hooked up with what will be a better situation for him hopefully.

You all have a great night. Got to tend to the gurls today when lights on so I will see you all later in the evening. Peace out.

Kendo

Kendo

I am starting to feel like this is where I should insert the Magnanimous dance and write about all the meds I have freely given....NAH!! I will just 2 step to the left and take this another direction. After YEARS of interaction with med seeking patients I have separated the Patient population into 3 castes, 1: Truly medicinal patient, 2: patient who just wants to get high, 3: patient who sells the herb. 2 and 3 make up the majority of card holders, like it or not. I stay away from 2 and 3 and interview extensively ANY #1 prospective patient. As many have said this is a shit ton of work, I personally do not consider care-giving a handout, I consider it a hand up and so I REFUSE to help people who refuse to help themselves.
I have found that persons who help themselves in life tend to be more appreciative, considerate with a hassle free relationship. IMHE those who lack the help thyself attitude tend to consider themselves deserving of a handout and look at a hand up as one does a gift horse.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
What about medical patients who are using it for medicine now but used to use it to get high but still enjoy getting high but still need meds over getting high?

;)

Don't think all patients can be summed up that easy. What about patients who go from needing it for medical use to no longer needing it for medical but wanting to keep it around cause it makes them feel better about life? ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The only time I'm giving anything away is if I can afford to. So, if someone can afford to grow a whole buncha weed and give it away, that's wonderful. We cannot place the same expectations on others. It cost me my time, money on many levels, my water, and my blood, sweat and tears. I see nothing wrong with compensation, especially if someone's growing inside with all the associated extra costs.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The only time I'm giving anything away is if I can afford to. So, if someone can afford to grow a whole buncha weed and give it away, that's wonderful. We cannot place the same expectations on others. It cost me my time, money on many levels, my water, and my blood, sweat and tears. I see nothing wrong with compensation, especially if someone's growing inside with all the associated extra costs.

Yes what @Seamaiden said....... Good perspective........ I do and give what I can afford....... I had to learn early on not to be a sucker anymore for the "Oh woe is me" hard luck stories. Cause truth be known hard luck stories are a dime a dozen. If I gave freely to everyone that was claiming to be down on their luck, it wouldn't be long before I was in the same boat........... I take care of family and true friends first, then and only then, if there is excess I can help some folks out.

As @Kendo said...... I try to discern who those are that really want to help themselves and those that don't want anything but an entitlement gimme!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@LittleDabbie D since this is your thread after all, how bout an update on your situation. Are you gonna be ok man? It sounded like you have something brewing that may help you out. Have you been able to nail anything down as far as another solid caregiver??

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Not much to update, I doubt i'll name a new caregiver prolly just go back to the black market thru friends for now still cheaper then dispensarys. And just wait out the legal status to change in a cpl years.. For now im good i got a few grams of dabs. :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A true caregiver gives freely to those in REAL need, without expectation of compensation. If you really care, you give freely...
Don't know your health issues but the way we roll folks who are not just looking to get baked get meds from us for free, all they got to do is ask and not take advantage of our generosity. just lost a friend to MS and he would get free QPs and he would also pass along to other MS patients.
It has and continues to come back to us in ways way beyond monetary compensation....
Just to see my friends shaking slow down and the smile he got from the little relief he got from the meds I gave him is way worth more than the money......

@chickenman I really like the way you look at things. Sorry for your loss also. What you said reminds me of an ole quote I learned from years ago. it goes like this. " We can only keep what we have, by giving it away"

It took me bit to understand what that really meant and how to work it. But I assure you it really does work!!!!

colostoney

colostoney

well when I was your age.......sonny boy

lol kiddin
but I agree with sea I always try to show 100% compassion and share all I can when possible
I used to be healthy and grow a ton a shit at 4-6 locations constant and get 3-5k a pound all day for it
and in them days I gave a shit load a weed out free all over you ask 5 stoners on these boards someone knows someone I have helped a ton
free

well life guarantees change n nowadays
I got health issues and hardly grow much and Im poor so
there really is no option but to charge folks but youd be surprised patients turn to dicks about even a 100 an ounce production cost donation fast as hell
hell I enjoy sharing more even when the lil I share stings a lil cuz I could of used the money honestly
rich man's charity is not the same as a poor mans generosity imo at all

this year somehow is a better year for me than the last few and Im already building a sack a toys to give to all the kids in the junkie hotels xmas morning

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
As an inherently generous individual, I have to protect myself from the other 85% of the population who's only concern seems to be what they can take from whoever will make it available.

With minor exception, the moment a person begins to act self entitled, or behaves in a manner that displays a clear lack of respect or appreciation, I just stop answering their calls. I guess I'm an asshole because this extends beyond my cannabis relationships to anyone I am associated with. So I may not have a lot of friends, but those few relationships I do have are greater than gold in terms of value to me.

When my cannabis need exceeded both local availability and my budget, I took up growing. It seems to me folks that don't take similar steps toward self-reliance suffer under some false pretense of why they too can't grow their own.

If cannabis is essential to your well being, why would you rely on anyone else to get you what you need? DIY or DIE.

I used to give way more away than I do now. Generally only in situations of dire need will I give away my products.

I'm happy I have clients who consider themselves connoisseurs, who are wiling to pay premium for the level of quality I can produce, it allows me to offer major discounts to the clients I have been caregiver to, who need to maintain their cannabis use for medical reasons.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

here in Vermont before prescription pills took over ....neighbors here would mix/swap match elbows between each other, trade for maple syrup/ backyard mechanic work etc. I remember a certain booth at a popular flea market where if you were in need you were taken care of! kinda caregiving way before it was commen practice nowadays.

Kendo

Kendo

Words to live by. It was not that long ago that I was served up a healthy dose of reality in relation to helping those who WILL not help themselves.
Care-giving is as care-giving does. Outside of that there are always those who are in incredible IMMEDIATE life saving need, they should always take front position. life saving>symptom relief.
In reality most are more than able to assist themselves given a few resources, giving them the ability is a hand-up, a hand-up is the better choice, IMHO. Being quite honest I give away a lot less than I used to
Some of the things I do to help others help themselves...
Cold Pressing raw cannabis juice by hand is a strenuous, time consuming task. I personally have physically able friends with crones press batches while less physically able persons assist. The batches are split evenly.
Medibles: Leaf is dispensed to persons who do the rest for themselves. Got Butter?.
Larf: I got a shit ton of work to be done around here :D

Top Bottom