Whats Happening Here?

• Thread starter Kushkid619
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kushkid619

So im running a small dwc grow.
My setup is 400w full spectrum led
2x2x4 tent 2 fans and a humimidifier/dehumidifier.
Its almost on its 3rd week since starting as a clone and growth has slowed theres spots on leaves and roots are colored and falling apart easily. I am adding a better air stone and have recently started using h2o2.
My nutrients are gh trio.

Whats happening here
Whats happening here 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So im running a small dwc grow.
My setup is 400w full spectrum led
2x2x4 tent 2 fans and a humimidifier/dehumidifier.
Its almost on its 3rd week since starting as a clone and growth has slowed theres spots on leaves and roots are colored and falling apart easily. I am adding a better air stone and have recently started using h2o2.
My nutrients are gh trio.
Did you spill nutes on the leaves?

K

Kushkid619

Res temps stay between 60-62 ph starts at 6 some times ill check a few hrs later abd itll still be between 6.2 and 6.5 other times it's gone all the way up to 7. My ppm start at 400 go up to about 800 highest.

K

Kushkid619

Air temp 74-77 during day hovers at 70 during night. Humidity stays at 40% unless theres outside air being let into house near the tent.

V

vek11

Change that container to a dark one and if you are able keep her ec lower and increase air turbulence,,,,most importantly res °68 or lower

K

Kushkid619

Whats a good ec range. Would wrapping the bucket in black tape be sufficient. Also thnx everyone for the advice.

V

vek11

I use for rule of thumb, in dwc run ec around same numbers as watts from lighting with exception to the age of your plants. The younger they are with a less mature vascular system then keep ppm/ec 250-300 or .2/.4 ec is fair I imagine.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Rules of thumb for beginning dwc in any environment, because they have the highest success rate:

Res temps between 65F-69F
Start pH at 5.4, let it rise to 5.8
Top off with plain water
Use r/o water for the most predictable results
Use sufficient air, about 3-4 watts per 10 gallons

Your res temps and pH are too high.

V

vek11

PH could be too low also dark green shows ie; heavy nitrates keep mag levels up and you'll be fine, concentrate to stabilize each aspect of dwc and you'll be dialed in before you know it

K

Kushkid619

Ph is at 5.8 ppm is 847 air temp 74 res temp 60. Whats the easiest and or best way to lower ppm.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

If you have to drop the ppm in an emergency, dip/pump some out and replace with fresh water. 60F is too cold for a res temp, you'll have nutrient uptake issues.

Personally, I don't change out my reservoir on flower runs until the last 3-5 days before harvest. I use r/o so mixing and maintaining is simple and easy. Mix the nutrients into r/o in the res, to within about 50ppm of your target strength. Add pH up until you reach 5.4pH.

Top off with r/o every day, zero adjustment. The ppm/ec of the nutrient solution will drop and the pH will slowly rise. Within 7-10 days you should be at a pH of 5.8. Add nutrients back to the beginning ppm/ec and your pH will again be at 5.4. Lather rinse, repeat. Drop dead, stupid, lazy-man's way to smashing success with DWC. BTW, this also works with all "roots-in" hydro systems, where the roots are constantly in contact with the nutrient solution.

K

Kushkid619

I have 29% h2o2 what's best way to use it. I wrapped the container in dark reflective material until i can get a black one.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Out of curiosity, why are people suggesting that 60-62f is too hot? I'm still learning but if anything that seems closer to the too cold end of the spectrum of Rez temps...

mandalaman

mandalaman

If you have to drop the ppm in an emergency, dip/pump some out and replace with fresh water. 60F is too cold for a res temp, you'll have nutrient uptake issues.

Personally, I don't change out my reservoir on flower runs until the last 3-5 days before harvest. I use r/o so mixing and maintaining is simple and easy. Mix the nutrients into r/o in the res, to within about 50ppm of your target strength. Add pH up until you reach 5.4pH.

Top off with r/o every day, zero adjustment. The ppm/ec of the nutrient solution will drop and the pH will slowly rise. Within 7-10 days you should be at a pH of 5.8. Add nutrients back to the beginning ppm/ec and your pH will again be at 5.4. Lather rinse, repeat. Drop dead, stupid, lazy-man's way to smashing success with DWC. BTW, this also works with all "roots-in" hydro systems, where the roots are constantly in contact with the nutrient solution.
Interesting. My pH runs from 5.8->6.2 and they seem to be doing ok. I was having problems being in lower pH zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom