Whats Happening Here?

• Thread starter Kushkid619
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kushkid619

So im also noticing new white roots coming from the rapid rooter. But im getting alot of foam in the bucket and in my root ball. Would it be wise to cut the root ball n clean the system to allow the new roots to grow or would that stress her too much? #neverhadtheseissuesinsoil lol

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I wasnhaving the same issues with foam. I started adding alittle hydroguard and it cleared it up. Now i switched to Mammoth P its expensive but lasts forever. Very new to dwc but it worked for me.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Hydroguard is beneficials that are designed for soil/coco environments where the fungi can for a network. That can't happen in a liquid environment and so it just breeds bacteria and other pathogens. On the label it shows uses for soil and coco with a vague reference to it being compatible with ALL growing methods. Don't believe it. By in large, the consensus for DWC is stay away from organics and beneficials because it causes instability, biofilm and pathogen bloom. Constant disinfection with a hypochlorous acid, like UC Roots or Clear Rez keeps the solution from growing bacteria. Well, and rez temps 65 - 68

Reading through this thread is a classic example of DWC root rot. They look great for a few weeks and bam - roots die and then so does the plant. There are thousands of pics of everyone's DWC grows in these first few weeks, leading people to believe that DWC is super easy and durable. It's a very delicate balance of water, O2, nutrients and pathogens that constantly want to swing out of range. Sure, some people never have issues, but a whole lot of them do.

Maintaining a constant disinfectant level, IMO, is the most assured way to prevent root rot. Once you have it, it's often too late or too cost prohibitive to rehab them. Prevention... Use the stuff BEFORE it's a problem.

W

whylie

Air temp 74-77 during day hovers at 70 during night. Humidity stays at 40% unless theres outside air being let into house near the tent.
Your res temps should not be to warm causes brown root rot i keep mine at around 70 degress keeps nice white healthy roots

Top Bottom