What's the best time of day for harvesting?

• Thread starter 7rayos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tony

whats up guies.do you think there is a taste difference as when u cut them down early befor lights come on or if you cut them down mid of the day or its only about the resin production.

G

Gro

it is true the plants shut down at night,but water content of the stems and leaves is the issue.the nasty tasting components(starches,carbs,etc.)are not circulating throughout the plant at night.they are stored in the roots.this means the are not in the buds which also means they will not be in your bowl..furthermore,extended periods of dark are THOUGHT to boost resin production.if u don't think it matters when you harvest in relation to light schedule then try this experiment.harvest one plant while the lights are on.harvest most of your crop just before lights on .harvest the rest(or at least 1)after 3 days of total darkness.compare the fully cured samples.you'll know what to do from that point on.:rastadancing:

S

StickIt2TheMan

I'm not growing much.... never have, but if you want THC over resin i think dusk is best time. Since the THC deteriorates in sunlight.
Anywho, it can't be reducing the contents of either THC or resin enough to make much of a difference.

The Joker

The Joker

Indoors, it does not make a difference in my experience. There is no way after loving a plant for months, not over feeding and flushing for 10-14 days, that harvesting at lights on is suddenly going to make the smoke harsh. Think about that folks.

I harvest when it's convenient for me. And I harvest with lights on so I can see what I am doing.

I grow in waterfarms which is a variation of DWC, the plants are always in water.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

Here's a couple plants I've been babying for months…can't wait until the end of today…4:30AM to be precise. Here's a pic or two of a couple not bad plants from clones…really frosted and stinky. Thanks for the input regarding starch and water in the plant at various times of the day. Every little bit helps. I just experiment every year…practice makes perfect they say eh?

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I had to upload one picture via AVATAR. HTF do I upload pics from my Photo Booth on Mac? I'll upload some crappy webcam pics.

T

Tbc

This is what I have read as well. I do harvest as soon as my lights come on. It really has to do with the biology of the plant. The plants knows when the lights will go on, much like humans know when the sun will be up, at which point they pump up all of their internal systems, including resin production. Think of it this way, to get up a hill one needs a little extra force to overcome the initial incline of the hill, the plants need to switch from respiration to photosynthesis, and they need a little extra force to make the change. This is why harvesting right at lights on, or moments before is optimal.[/QUOT not being funny honest but wat time you cut them down will make such a tiny tiny difference to anything that its irevalavent

T

Tbc

Hi I don't really think it makes a difference that you or anyone else would notice ,I have took branches of the same plant at different times of day never could tell no difference at all think it's a bit of a myth more important is weather its ready or not most of weed on street is fortnight early the taste the tase I hate it

fatawa

fatawa

The best time is when u walk outside n do it.lol.it def doesnt matter..famers pull corn,soy,peppers,watever during the day

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

it is true the plants shut down at night,but water content of the stems and leaves is the issue.the nasty tasting components(starches,carbs,etc.)are not circulating throughout the plant at night.they are stored in the roots.this means the are not in the buds which also means they will not be in your bowl..furthermore,extended periods of dark are THOUGHT to boost resin production.if u don't think it matters when you harvest in relation to light schedule then try this experiment.harvest one plant while the lights are on.harvest most of your crop just before lights on .harvest the rest(or at least 1)after 3 days of total darkness.compare the fully cured samples.you'll know what to do from that point on.:rastadancing:

You got it. The reason is that once light hits the plant it starts uptaking the starch from its roots. And we can avoid that and the product will be a little better.

The reason for extended dark time 24-48 hrs is to be sure to have eliminated all starches.

TheRemer

TheRemer

It doesn't matter for me indoor I leave em for 4 days in dark. then chop, outdoors is when they can't be outside anymore, when the coastal weather starts destroying your crop, since I wanna be descrete I go in the dark usually. Happy farming eh.

Top Bottom