What's the best way to make hash for a beginner?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here’s a 1+ gram hash puck (with minor amounts of plant matter). To make it I use a 1/2” PVC coupling, place a nickel inside, add 1-2 grams kief, place another nickel on top, and compress in a vice using a 14mm socket wrench fitting (fits snuggly inside coupling) to squeeze nickels together. Peel off nickels and “voila” hash puck. It’s not a perfect hash but it tastes good and it gets the job done. Next year I’ll try ice water bubble hash.
well that does not resemble hash, just by looking at it on my phone i’d say that’s more like 50/50 heads to contaminate..
with 98% heads you could take a pinch and press it with your finger tips into a piece of hash in under 2 mins..
i’m not mean i just speak honestly.,

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

well that does not resemble hash, just by looking at it on my phone i’d say that’s more like 50/50 heads to contaminate..
with 98% heads you could take a pinch and press it with your finger tips into a piece of hash in under 2 mins..
i’m not mean i just speak honestly.,
Any thoughts on dissolving the kief in Everclear then straining solution through a 28 micron screen to remove contaminate then evaporate the Everclear?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Any thoughts on dissolving the kief in Everclear then straining solution through a 28 micron screen to remove contaminate then evaporate the Everclear?
no.. you would have more like an oil substance..
should just buy a bubble washer first than get dry sifting screens that get a purer product..
to me the best and easiest way to make hash is with resin/buds/trim that is cured/stored for at least 4-5 months to a year. than once it’s pressed it needs to be sealed away to allow for it to finish? damn i forgot, haha or it could just fall apart in a couple days sitting out in the open air when using it..
you could just take your kief put in your 25 micron bag and with a hose with lots of pressure (cold water) spray that kief with the thought of pushing/breaking up contaminate through the bag, resin is pretty darn tough stuff so no worries about it, do you to 10 mins cleaning, i’d even keep the kief in the fridge the night before, everything cold, throw some ice cubes in the bag to.. cold will help break up contaminate..

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That seems like more chemicals than I wanna fuck around with lol.
Yea, I don't know the purity standards of CO2 extinguishers, but C02 itself is probably the cleanest solvent, period. Hands down.

Because carbon dioxide is soluble in water, it occurs naturally in groundwater, rivers and lakes, ice caps, glaciers and seawater. It is present in deposits of petroleum and natural gas. Carbon dioxide has a sharp and acidic odor and generates the taste of soda water in the mouth.

That's why I suggest either dry ice, or freezer method, cause you essentially not using anything. C02 is inert, chemically inactive. Especially from a smoking standpoint.

That's why they use C02 for supercritical extractions, I bet it could be done with N2O (laughing gas) also.

Co2featuredimage
TSD

TSD

@nashobaTHC Sometimes I make a "kief sandwich" in my vape. It has a handy dandy little poker/tamper attached, so I put a little bud, a pile of kief, tamp the keif, add a little more bud, and boom, kief sandwich, stoned to the bone. Excuse my filthy vape, poor girl hasn't been cleaned since I've been in trim jail lol.
20211029 224157
20211029 224341
20211029 224456
20211029 224525

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Looks delicious. I’m a smoker so I’ll definitely try your kief sandwich in my pipe (and vape system when I eventually get one). Meanwhile I squeezed a hash piece from yesterday’s kief run through 220 micron screen. It tastes great with a good buzz 🥴

Dothraki

Dothraki

here’s a piece of top quality hash i made from dry sifting from material over a year old, i’ve had the piece sealed for about 6 months, smells beautiful!View attachment 1181365

This is the consistency I’d like my hash to be. I’ve only made it once. Hot water in a wine bottle and rolled it over parchment paper, fold, fold, fold, roll, roll, roll , etc. Mine came out the same color but more dense and hard. How do you get this nice dense fudge brownie consistency?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
You got me hungry so i ran some popcorn buds through the coffee grinder and the reusable coffee basket, shaken not stirredView attachment 1183616
Very novel, and simplistic. I really admire the frugal technique deployed to get a very desired result. 🥴 Looks great.
I ordered a set of bags from awhile back, that sit here. I think I've got 4 of them; but that's actually a very nice setup; by the looks of it.

Are you using cold when you do that sort of thing, or simply done at room temps?

Madbud

Madbud

Very novel, and simplistic. I really admire the frugal technique deployed to get a very desired result. 🥴 Looks great.
I ordered a set of bags from awhile back, that sit here. I think I've got 4 of them; but that's actually a very nice setup; by the looks of it.

Are you using cold when you do that sort of thing, or simply done at room temps?
Room temp, coffee grinder may be overkill. Its been hit or miss depending on the material.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Kief pressed with pennies in a half inch copper pipe, first attemptView attachment 1189957
do you have a 25 or 45 micron bag?
you would be able to clean it lots and than press all of it together more than likely..
or maybe pick out all the small clumps as they are mostly resin heads stuck together and press that or rub between your fingers and if it turns into “hash”, and sticks together nicely than collect them up and press them together.
just trying to think of an easy way for you to get something purer to try..

Madbud

Madbud

you would be able to clean it lots and than press all of it together more than likely..
or maybe pick out all the small clumps as they are mostly resin heads stuck together and press that or rub between your fingers and if it turns into “hash”, and sticks together nicely than collect them up and press them together.
I have a 0.125 mm reusable coffee filter. First run with popcorn buds was actually quite tasty, like that blonde hash of the ‘70’s. Then i tried some old trim🤮

Narsbars

Narsbars

Here’s a 1+ gram hash puck (with minor amounts of plant matter). To make it I use a 1/2” PVC coupling, place a nickel inside, add 1-2 grams kief, place another nickel on top, and compress in a vice using a 14mm socket wrench fitting (fits snuggly inside coupling) to squeeze nickels together. Peel off nickels and “voila” hash puck. It’s not a perfect hash but it tastes good and it gets the job done. Next year I’ll try ice water bubble hash.
Great ingenuity, if I can figure out how to use one of my bottle jacks for serious pressure I will give it a go. P.S. Have you tried leaving it overnight in the vise and then compressing it again? I think you will find it compresses further according to my experience with small manual pollen presses.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I have done it with pure ethanol. I used the quick wash method and got about 8 ounces (liquid) from a an ounce of but and an about 14 grams of grade C kief. I have slowly been dropping the result into a much smaller container, letting it evaporate and the repeating. I have let 4 oz of the liquid evaporate and have barely gotten enough dark oil to fill a screw lid from a gallon milk jug. It is oily, black, and doesn't look good for anything but topicals or edibles. You can try soaking a couple of rolling papers in it and letting them dry before rolling up a couple.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I will add to this as a novice hash maker I tried with kief as well to much contamination even though it will still smoke and get ya ripped - it’s not the same , it just doesn’t blend if you can remove the contamination as Gnicks has suggested,the quality of finished products quadruples at minimum just my opinion

lbezy

lbezy

Go for it brother get a quality aluminum tube 2 ounce er . 12 cans 7 x refine butane
Pyrex pan and a non flammable heat source before I bought all my shatter making equipment I always made shatter no purge , just 85 degree non flammable heat source and a brown coffee filter . And pack tube tight like your loading a muzzle loader . Slowly run liquid butane till it comes out clear "do outside" let excess boil off , whip with a dab tool at 80 deg and it will run like almost glass but still bends and breaks . I'm at this point now I have a decent vacuum purge er but back in the day I remember that stuff it was the early 2012 somewhere around there when the first oil cup came to Denver I'm surprised the quality you can get without a vacuum purge . I'll try to post some pictures later of what I mean

Latest posts

Top Bottom