What's the best way to make hash for a beginner?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Go for it brother get a quality aluminum tube 2 ounce er . 12 cans 7 x refine butane
Pyrex pan and a non flammable heat source before I bought all my shatter making equipment I always made shatter no purge , just 85 degree non flammable heat source and a brown coffee filter . And pack tube tight like your loading a muzzle loader . Slowly run liquid butane till it comes out clear "do outside" let excess boil off , whip with a dab tool at 80 deg and it will run like almost glass but still bends and breaks . I'm at this point now I have a decent vacuum purge er but back in the day I remember that stuff it was the early 2012 somewhere around there when the first oil cup came to Denver I'm surprised the quality you can get without a vacuum purge . I'll try to post some pictures later of what I mean
Freeze the material to keep the butane liquid longer. Drill a hole in the plastic cover on the pyrex and you can get a decent vacuum while its still warm in the dish.

lbezy

lbezy

Well that sucks no dry ice. I gotta go look and see if we got it now. I'm thinkin maybe chop everything up with scissors and dry really good-like bone dry before freezing might help. Or would that ruin the taste?
You can get a complete BHO kit cheap
You'll never get the quality of the shatter from making bubble hash we all stopped making it. a vacuum chamber and a vacuum pump is not that expensive that would make the process very easy

lbezy

lbezy

You'll never get the quality of the shatter from making bubble hash we all stopped making it. a vacuum chamber and a vacuum pump is not that expensive that would make the process very easy
Also freezing the material will not hurt it or affect the taste

Dothraki

Dothraki

Anyone here like to make temple balls? I’ve made it from collected grinder Kief then sifted at 125 microns but i‘d like to make something better quality when I harvest my first grow. I would be using buds too. I like the idea of dry sifting but as I understand you can only do that with trim, unless you ground up all the bud which adds contaminant. So I guess my question is... which method is best for sifting flowers as far as not losing flavor or quality....making hash the old way like temple balls?

Also, a side question... is live rosin press compatible to old school hash as in retaining all the cannabinoids and not just zoning in on THC?

Edit: basically I want the hash to retain characteristics of the strain.

lbezy

lbezy

I don't have that much experience with live press I don't like the way it tastes but there are two tests to take it to the lab and have it tested for its potency p

lbezy

lbezy

To answer that question I would have to say in my opinion sure with no flavored turpins added is going to retain the taste of the strain itself and the smell is shatter

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Anyone here like to make temple balls? I’ve made it from collected grinder Kief then sifted at 125 microns but i‘d like to make something better quality when I harvest my first grow. I would be using buds too. I like the idea of dry sifting but as I understand you can only do that with trim, unless you ground up all the bud which adds contaminant. So I guess my question is... which method is best for sifting flowers as far as not losing flavor or quality....making hash the old way like temple balls?

Also, a side question... is live rosin press compatible to old school hash as in retaining all the cannabinoids and not just zoning in on THC?

Edit: basically I want the hash to retain characteristics of the strain.
generally dry sifting for best quality but it takes a lot more skill, yes you can use buds for either dry sifting or bubble wash, breaking them up first though.
your hash quality is dependent on the health of your grow and the strain, than the cleanliness of the resin..
what screens do you have? what are your micron sizes?
most hashish smokers won’t bother with rosin presses.. i hear they do something bad to the resin i just can’t remember what..

lbezy

lbezy

Easy isn't the best. Dry ice and 180 micron screen is easy.
Ok so no one wants bubble hash anymore
I had a friend who was a master at making
Couldn't give it away . DABS that all I hear
So easy start small tube 2 oz. I run nugs pounded in tight . Return about 23 percentage of what you blast . That's my average. I can clean tubes after 1st blast . Let it sit and still get tosted smoking it the bud in box is 1 time blast . The second tube is for when you get bigger it holds 2 lb and has the outside dry ice chamber to de wax your shatter, meaning it takes that stickiness away from it makes it bend and snap you can do that without you de waxing but it takes practice almost nobody was looking for bubble hash everybody wants to do DABS and that's it so that's what I'm trying to teach you how to do videos on YouTube are great too. I'll do a video soon I'll love constructive criticism 😁

IMG 20211126 014058
IMG 20211126 014743
IMG 20211126 014226
IMG 20211126 014252
lbezy

lbezy

They make a smaller vacuum chamber a sharp guy could make one . I'm to lazy
You could get everything you need to buy and make a tube you will make $ back
Start small unless you have 2 lbs to process

lbezy

lbezy

Yea, I don't know the purity standards of CO2 extinguishers, but C02 itself is probably the cleanest solvent, period. Hands down.

Because carbon dioxide is soluble in water, it occurs naturally in groundwater, rivers and lakes, ice caps, glaciers and seawater. It is present in deposits of petroleum and natural gas. Carbon dioxide has a sharp and acidic odor and generates the taste of soda water in the mouth.

That's why I suggest either dry ice, or freezer method, cause you essentially not using anything. C02 is inert, chemically inactive. Especially from a smoking standpoint.

That's why they use C02 for supercritical extractions, I bet it could be done with N2O (laughing gas) also.
Frank's on point however I started doing this In 2011, there were no CO2 systems we were using pyrex , curbside concentrates tubes " the smartest guy we knew and making fire wax' made them , a electric pancake griddle , pyrex dish something to whip it with . And it was on! let's see who makes the best wax. Lol . Well I saw a lot of not smart people blow up blow up thier house cuz it was full of BUTAINE FUMES 😂😂😂😂😂 I also saw some artists who made fire 🔥🔥🔥 and this was at the beginning when it started so I'm old school I stick with something IF IT WORKS I just need a CO2 reclaim system because I'll be able to telll the one guy out of 100 who says he taste butane to piss off 🤣🤣🤣🤣 , but I was at the First 710 cup , the BHO beginning and shatter just starting and it's like growing ....your wax will be t as good as the grower , . That's just my opinion I could be wrong...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ok so no one wants bubble hash anymore
I had a friend who was a master at making
Couldn't give it away . DABS that all I hear
So easy start small tube 2 oz. I run nugs pounded in tight . Return about 23 percentage of what you blast . That's my average. I can clean tubes after 1st blast . Let it sit and still get tosted smoking it the bud in box is 1 time blast . The second tube is for when you get bigger it holds 2 lb and has the outside dry ice chamber to de wax your shatter, meaning it takes that stickiness away from it makes it bend and snap you can do that without you de waxing but it takes practice almost nobody was looking for bubble hash everybody wants to do DABS and that's it so that's what I'm trying to teach you how to do videos on YouTube are great too. I'll do a video soon I'll love constructive criticism 😁
Sounds like you run with a bit younger group than many here. I get it.

I think you'll be hard pressed in here to get everyone to agree upon any given method. Personally, I love a good bubble hash, especially if it's a full melt. Love smoking finger hash as well. Some of us older farts enjoy the old school methods and have obtained sufficient quality and the full tote required to make a good approximation of the old methods. I think it's more about replicating those cherished early memories and enjoying things in a more simple, raw form.

Mostly; I smoke joints. But certainly don't mind putting a little hash in them once in awhile, or smoking the occasional bowl.

Some of the extracts out there are quite potent no doubt, and that's what the younger crowd goes for, I suppose. I would too, if I were in thier shoes, maybe. Not all of us Boomers & Genx have the greatest lung capacity anymore, so we tend to be contented with some of the tried and true methods.

IMO, extracts can be fun. But I'm not always needing 90%++ thc to get full effects. Bubble hash will do just fine, and if nobody likes; that's cool too. 😁 I don't mind going against the grain these days. I've got quite a few methods of getting there. So at least for me, it's not about getting that big rail or bong hit; the rush, or cough until you get off; whatever. But usually a more cumulative approach these days. Just taking care not to go overboard; cause that's not always fun either.

IMG 20211022 174454
IMG 20211014 155959
IMG 20211014 155911
lbezy

lbezy

I'm old school also and I agree I remember blonde hash as a kid , it all about what ppl want , never seen bubble hash test at 90% thc that's a high number .......

lbezy

lbezy

I'm old school also and I agree I remember blonde hash as a kid , it all about what ppl want , never seen bubble hash test at 90% thc that's a high number .......
Sorry misunderstood ,I agree with you don't need 90% I just been on the shatter kick since it started and now at the commercial level the dispensarys would probably buy it .they will always buy high quality shatter however. No disrespect we park our cars in the same garage...😎

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I go to a spot that's basically $8 gm of pretty much anything you want. Some real good stuff, and for more it get's fancier. I don't mind paying $8 for a gram of something I can't make myself every now and again, but otherwise, I think the main reason they aren't selling all that much flowers is because they simply don't have the quality, for the price.

I like to keep up on what's available.

High grade flowers are always still pretty much $2-400/oz no matter how you slice it, and that's what I do; that they can't replicate well. High quality flowers will always demand good price IMO, cause everyone wants it.

Even the best hash or extracts start with quality flowers.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i don’t know if it’s me but i’ve tried over 1000 mg of 97% pure thc etc., distillate, shatter.. all these new things seem to be missing something?
i get higher and a better buzz from smoking hash and oil the old school way., especially my homemade hash and oil.. and it’s waaay cheaper to make.
anyhoo just an opinion..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
i don’t know if it’s me but i’ve tried over 1000 mg of 97% pure thc etc., distillate, shatter.. all these new things seem to be missing something?
i get higher and a better buzz from smoking hash and oil the old school way., especially my homemade hash and oil.. and it’s waaay cheaper to make.
anyhoo just an opinion..
I mean; for me it's usually hit and miss. Sometimes, other times not. I do agree I sometimes get much higher on 13% weed. That's what's in that pic actually.

That flower tested in at 13%. Something about some strains; especially anything purple, and deep blues, tends to hit me especially well.

lbezy

lbezy

Yea, I go to a spot that's basically $8 gm of pretty much anything you want. Some real good stuff, and for more it get's fancier. I don't mind paying $8 for a gram of something I can't make myself every now and again, but otherwise, I think the main reason they aren't selling all that much flowers is because they simply don't have the quality, for the price.

I like to keep up on what's available.

High grade flowers are always still pretty much $2-400/oz no matter how you slice it, and that's what I do; that they can't replicate well. High quality flowers will always demand good price IMO, cause everyone wants it.

Even the best hash or extracts start with quality flowers.
Well of course frank , I've always been blessed with high quality strains , mostly clone only , I always grow fire or that strain is history .your extracts are only as good as your bud , and extract as good as processer . My last harvest was a clone only cut called " kushmint" hybrid . I use a modified version of the Lucas formula and I have to get quality and yeild to stay successful . The extract is gravy for me . But I learned from some pretty successful processers .I lost all my pictures as i didn't back everything up . I was unable to retrieve my acct from 2010 . I had a 10 k vert grow in 2012 was all "daywrevker cut of headband and the real cut of ECSD My inventory always goes to the top shelf . Otherwise what are we doing .it's all in the genetics , don't you agree ?

TSD

TSD

Well of course frank , I've always been blessed with high quality strains , mostly clone only , I always grow fire or that strain is history .your extracts are only as good as your bud , and extract as good as processer . My last harvest was a clone only cut called " kushmint" hybrid . I use a modified version of the Lucas formula and I have to get quality and yeild to stay successful . The extract is gravy for me . But I learned from some pretty successful processers .I lost all my pictures as i didn't back everything up . I was unable to retrieve my acct from 2010 . I had a 10 k vert grow in 2012 was all "daywrevker cut of headband and the real cut of ECSD My inventory always goes to the top shelf . Otherwise what are we doing .it's all in the genetics , don't you agree ?
I'd say a lot is in the genetics for sure, but even the best genetics in the hands of someone that doesn't know what they are doing won't yield dank... and even dank in the hands of someone that fucks up the dry/cure process won't yield fire, as the hip kids say lol. It's really a labor of love to get anything from seed/baby to high quality smoke... that goes for gardening at large. If I neglect my tomatoes all year, my finished sauce won't be as good as if I cared for them and got them to thier full potential, that's just facts.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Not the same buzz at all no comparison IMO.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ice water method, they sold me a gram of hash called rereadin 404, no strain just said indica, looked like particle board and tasted worse, what ever happened to that good old red Lebanese or that black Nepalese??? The stuff today is not the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom