What's The Difference Between The Nute Pack, Root Pack, And Foliar Pack??

• Thread starter Tank333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Cap do you have an email I can contact you about a private matter

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not OMRI listed. They are IMHO pretty damn organic though. Microbes and silica talc. that's it.
I'm working on memory here, but IIRC, you don't have to get it approved because it doesn't have anything in it that's controlled by the EPA or other agencies. No? In other words, if I were to use it on my organic veggies, I don't have to report its use to CACASA. Same with any of the SNS formulations, same with isopropyl alcohol, there are a few products that I don't have to report at all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As a food producer I have to report what I use on the foods I produce to the county, who reports that to the state. I simply have to log what was used, on what crops, and when (literally time of day, not just date). Some things I don't have to report, like I said if I use isopropyl alcohol or rosemary essential oil--they're not controlled by the EPA and therefore I don't have to report their use. I also don't have to report use of AACTs or other microbe injections unless I'm using a (n organic) pesticide. EG DiPel, is controlled and regulated by the EPA, and therefore by the state and therefore by the county, so I have to report when I've used that and on what. IIRC, I don't have to report when I use JMS, even though it has pesticidal and fungicidal actions.

CACASA is CalAg Permites or some shit like that. I don't remember what the acronym stands for, I admit it.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

so hypothetical if a commerical farmer was using a product like og which contains biopesticides and is not documenting this.
what would happen to the grower and crops?
(if your using biopesticides and are unware due to it not being listed on the packaging or simply using it regardless and not documenting it)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... that's a good question, I have to assume that they'd yank your operator's permit. If you're an organic producer and are registered and certified, then I can see you losing the certification (registration is with the state, not sure how that works after you've paid the fee). But honestly, I don't know.

Tank333

Tank333

As a food producer I have to report what I use on the foods I produce to the county, who reports that to the state. I simply have to log what was used, on what crops, and when (literally time of day, not just date). Some things I don't have to report, like I said if I use isopropyl alcohol or rosemary essential oil--they're not controlled by the EPA and therefore I don't have to report their use. I also don't have to report use of AACTs or other microbe injections unless I'm using a (n organic) pesticide. EG DiPel, is controlled and regulated by the EPA, and therefore by the state and therefore by the county, so I have to report when I've used that and on what. IIRC, I don't have to report when I use JMS, even though it has pesticidal and fungicidal actions.

CACASA is CalAg Permites or some shit like that. I don't remember what the acronym stands for, I admit it.

Wow, that's pretty invasive. Where do you sell your produce at? I have a permit through the Department of Agriculture here in Wa. to sell baked goods and chocolates (wholesale, online, and local farmer's markets), and to add some of our extra veggies from our garden to the table at the markets we didn't need to do anything but call our inspector and clear it through him. Lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't consider it invasive at all. When we have food poisonings, do we want to know what happened, or are we more concerned with a producer's privacy? I want to know what happened. Every time there's an E. coli outbreak, the real reason why it's able to be traced so precisely is specifically because of the paper trail that's created. If someone sprays something that kills a bunch of bees, and many organic products do use products that can do that, and those bees are all that apiarist uses for income, don't you think we'd want to know what happened and be able to hold that person accountable for not using the product properly?

What's invasive is when you're told you have to have a permit just to grow the fucking veggies in the first place, a la Oakland.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Howdy Cap or anyone else that can help.

Is there a link handy to anywhere that explains your packs in terms for retarded people like myself? My experience so far is using basic canna nutes and some enzymes. I dont know where to start looking at bennies? What they are needed for? People use the term tea all the time...?

Basically I want to know the stuff stupid newbs ask.

Apologies for jacking thread.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Howdy Cap or anyone else that can help.

Is there a link handy to anywhere that explains your packs in terms for retarded people like myself? My experience so far is using basic canna nutes and some enzymes. I dont know where to start looking at bennies? What they are needed for? People use the term tea all the time...?

Basically I want to know the stuff stupid newbs ask.

Apologies for jacking thread.

Read through the tea thread here.

lilzayne

lilzayne

Hey Cap, I was wondering if when watering in the root pack, it's best to water until runoff or just inoculate the soil with it?

lilzayne

lilzayne

Thanks for the response Cap. I was also wondering if I just plan on mixing the root pack with plain water (30 ppm tap), whether PHing is necessary or recommended?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Why prior to adding the root packs? Wouldn't it make sense to adjust after you've added the last ingredient?

No. The packs will not change your pH. Imagine you are a microbe and a teaspoon full of pH down lands on you before it has a chance to be mixed up.

Always pH first, then add packs.

What I have been doing lately for my teas and when adding in packs is I use my existing nute solution as my base. This way it is already pH'd. I use this and brew a tea or add bennies and then I dump it back to the same res when done.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I didn't see Broad Mites in the list of pest's controlled. I know I've had a positive experience in the past using you're packs against them. Is there a reason you left them out cap?

cardrack111

cardrack111

hello cap, just ordered the foliar pack. questions:

can I use the foliar pack in conjunction with sulfur burns? in attempt to eliminate the pm from a couple pm-loving strains.

and, should I brew a tea to foliar, or do the "watering in" mixing instructions (1tsp/liter)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey Cap, If you had to choose just one of your packs for a Tea for flowers
which would you pick? the Root? or the Foliar?
Im going to keep spraying with the folair ...just wondering if thats the best one for flower tea?
Im in soil

Latest posts

Top Bottom