whats the goin rate for trimmers this year?

• Thread starter CBF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
A lot of those family farms end up with a few or more people working around the clock for a couple months...

P

paulycali

$200 a lb or $20 a hour

Paying by the gram seems kinda crazy but i could see it producing better manicured buds

I still like $200 a lb or $20 a hour :)

dankworth

dankworth

$6000 a month would be $25 an hour / 8hr a day for 30 days straight with no days off...damn thats a lot of trimming
That's like a version of hell in Big Trouble in Little China.
The Chinese have a lot of hells.

dankworth

dankworth

You could spend 6 days a week picking peaches from 6am to 1-2pm, for 8 weeks straight and make less....many folks are happy to do that..
Trimming 16# indoors while getting progressively sicker helped shape my opinion haha.
I would rather grow than trim.
I am amazed by how some people can trim for so long like that.
Not easy work to do for so long in my opinion.

But fuck yeah, better than picking peaches.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
these guys must have trimmed for the mexican mafia....

No tunes is inhumane...lol
The human body can easily go a week or two no food, but no music...lol

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

You could spend 6 days a week picking peaches from 6am to 1-2pm, for 8 weeks straight and make less....many folks are happy to do that..

That would be hell, and those arnt even documented workers, you couldnt get anyone else to do it the work sucks

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
are your trimmers documented?

Back in the day many workers were not but nowadays you would be shocked how many are. And they work 6 days a week, 6am to as long as they can...

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

are your trimmers documented?

Back in the day many workers were not but nowadays you would be shocked how many are. And they work 6 days a week, 6am to as long as they can...

No mine are documemted, around here most are not, hard workers but all that money leaves the country tax free. I have to pay plenty of taxes as a business owner payroll taxes are a bitch

And I was referring to the "peach pickers" to be clear

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
That's part of the joy of owning a business:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
No mine are documemted, around here most are not, hard workers but all that money leaves the country tax free. I have to pay plenty of taxes as a business owner payroll taxes are a bitch

And I was referring to the "peach pickers" to be clear

What kind of hours do they work?

F

fuzzy

Trimming just plain sucks!Especially after doing it for so many years.And, i do everything myself.I just feel a lot safer that way.A Lot of work,but im picky and its only for a couple of people.Wish i could afford a good machine to try out, it would be nice.peace,fuzzy

Blaze

Blaze

The good trimmers will be in demand, but these groups of transients sitting around looking for trim work will be screwed due to the new tech savvy trim machines.

Exactly. ANd this is why they should get paid by the weight not the hour IMO. If they are good, then they will make $30+ an hour. Besides it's really not fair to the trimmers to be paying two people the same rate when one is doing twice the work of the other, which is what almost always happens when they get paid by the hour. One's wage should reflect their abilities and skills IMO.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Exactly. ANd this is why they should get paid by the weight not the hour IMO. If they are good, then they will make $30+ an hour. Besides it's really not fair to the trimmers to be paying two people the same rate when one is doing twice the work of the other, which is what almost always happens when they get paid by the hour. One's wage should reflect their abilities and skills IMO.

It forces accountability on the trimmer too. If they are not efficient, it costs them, not you.

Not to say the grower is not accountable either. Someone had mentioned evenly dividing the piles so one trimmer does not get stuck with all he larf, etc. . .They got to pay up too. I've heard some stories in that regard. :(

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I have a group of 15 I call from. This last year? Sour-D, great dense pheno outdoor/greenhouse, $200 per lb. hand trim, pre-bucked. 3 meals fed and housed! You want it going to the [quality] shops?? Gotta pay to hand trim!! Take care of your trimmers and they take care of you!! I got a crew of five that does 35 lbs. in 4 days, quality! :character0029: Have sheers will travel:)
Find a bunch of hairdressers ,been doing hair long time fastest trimmer in the west born with scissors in my hands . It really does make a dif i can trim my harvest pretty fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom