What's the most unique strain you've smoked?

• Thread starter Sea Of Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scotbot

Scotbot

It was around 1985, a co-worker had a quarter pound of this stuff. 2 weeks after he got rid of it you could still smell it in his car! Pure skunk.

The buds were a work of art! Purple,green loaded with resin and fat calyx,no leaf.
Tasted great too,but no high. I shit you not,you could not get nothing off a whole joint by yourself.
He was selling two kinds at the time,$25 dollors a 1/4 for some red bud and $50 for this skunk.
Well hell all my friends never paid high dollor for weed so they all bought the red bud which would toast you real good. But me,I always wanted to try something different.
That "HighTimes " shit,you know :)

I went back to the dudes house and told him the problem I was having. The dude pulled a pistol out and laid it on the coffe table and ask me If I had a problem!
Well I got my ass out there and said fook you dude.

Has anyone ever seen killer looking weed with no buzz?

Madjag

Madjag

Wacky Weed - 1974

The most devastating herb I have ever toked was a true, landrace Colombian Wacky Weed was known to me as "Candybar". It showed up three or four times a year via Brooklyn, New York to Phoenix, Arizona. The only person in America getting it was my good Colombian friend Gerardo. His source was an old-time grower from Neiva, Colombia, land of the Colombian Blacks that ranged from a shady chocolate color to a rich tar coloration.

Candybar came so black and compacted in one ounce "bars" that it looked like hash and had very little if any apparent leaf or vegetable matter. It was tightly sealed in aluminum foil with an outer wrapping of Saran Wrap. The few people who were lucky enough to examine it up close were like, “WTF?” because it couldn’t be just plain weed. Not coming like that. What these lookers didn’t know, though, was the true surprise that the source of this smoke was handful of female plants that were not annuals. These mother plants were many years old and treasured by the few, rare individuals that had access to the herb they produced. Though I've never seen photos of multi-year plants from Colombia, my friend RCC sent me photos of a Thai tree with a sturdy trunk slightly larger in diameter than your forearm, with average height of approx. 16-18 feet. Standing alone along an agricultural field's wooded edge, a single plant looked very similar to a small stand of bamboo. It doesn’t necessarily mean a lack of vigor at the Equator when a plant grows beyond a year….or five.

One toke from a New York needle pin joint of Candybar was enough to send people falling down staircases, to start spinning so hard that they vomited, and to even lose their balance like my best friend who immediately passed out, fell forward into a brick wall, smashed his eyeglasses, and hit the cement - all before we could move from the same instantaneous freeze and time-stoppage induced by the one, hard-to-pull-from-the-pin joint hit that we each inhaled.

The time period also helped the high. In 1974 when Candybar was selling for $100.00 an ounce in Phoenix, an outrageous price for those early days, very few people had smoked decent sinsemilla or had ever tasted this kind of highest quality, professional Colombian grower's personal stash weed. Peter, AKA Johnnie, and actually Gerardo, had people driving down 3 hours in the dark of night from Flagstaff just to grab one of the 3-5 bars being sold shortly after it arrived in Phoenix. Many were disappointed due to its absolute rarity and the general impossibility of getting even a 1/8 of an ounce, ever. Folks laughed when they heard about it. They just couldn’t relate without the experience. They had no reference point that was comparable. I’m sure many of the farmer bros out there reading this account can remember their first space dream and total wipeout.

He had tales of heavy intoxication from wherever he roamed. In Redway and Shelter Cove in Northern Cali he told me of sitting in the pitch-black Redwood forest on a summer night and listening to insect, animal, and sounds from "The Standing People" (trees). Yeah, sitting for 4 hours without barely moving. Now that's some zone. What territory.

Other times there were humorous stories of leaving pin joints in public places and following/watching the poor mental-patients-to-be as they blasted off instantly and lost their grip on the way. Much like the best highland Thai or other southeast Asian smoke that exhibited a SAM (Surface To Assassinated) missile speed. Victims who later swore that they had smoked herb spiked with LSD. Today, looking back, I'd compare it to a DMT blast. Though not quite as psychedelic, it was a stunning combination of extremely high THC accompanied instantly by a wave and thermal blast of an even more intense CBD spin. And spin they did.

In the stashed Rasta section of Brooklyn’s Bed Stuy, Peter watched helplessly (yep, frozen in time) while a friend's girl tumbled down an entire wooden flight of Brownstone stairs. Once they could break free of Candybar's Tractor Beam they spent awhile tending to yet another casualty.

I remember several occasions when hipsters asked Johnnie what type of hash he was preparing. He used a razor blade to slice chunks or slices from the candy. Imagine, for you that can relate to what a “Chunky” candy bar was (is?), that you took two Chunky bars and lined them up touching, side-by-side. That was the general shape except it was not quite as thick. It smelled of warm dark humus, an earthy cannabis with a hint of fruit.

I never, ever smoked more than one hit at a time once I experienced the time-warp of 5 hours disappearing from a couple-three thin hits from a Ney York Needle pin joint. I laid wasted on the banks of Sycamore Canyon’s swim hole just below Laurie’s Cave wondering who I really was and when was I going to be able to, heyhey, think again. Only a few like Gerardo, George B., and Rob T. were perpetually motivated by Candybar and took off hiking for hours or drove a tractor in 100 degree heat all day under its spell. For most like myself it was paralyzing.

Second place (oh yes) goes to “Cartoon Weed”. Whatever it was, it was extremely predictable and intensely stony in its effects: you will be somewhere, probably in public, most likely in a place that you wish you weren’t, and totally lose it, laughing ridiculously until you cried. The release was enough to make some piss their pants, oh man.

I like that smoke a lot, too. It made life’s dream a magic, funny, shadow show.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

This is a dope thread there are alot of awesome strains out there my most memorable strains ive had in the last few years are purple god,the black,a really nice jack herrer pheno,a really nice super lemon haze pheno,gods gift,northern lights,red diesel,g13/haze,a really really nice lambs bread pheno this was 4 almost 5 years ago and still may be my favorite of all these stand outs also there was someone back earlier in the thread talking about gump and ive had it got it from a guy who grew that cat piss haze and nigger sweat sorry for the name im not a racist and didnt name it thats what he called it all were very greasy and similar to the 91chem and Chemdog D very ammoniated and stoney as hell just like the chems anyway ive gone on long enough stay high farmers
PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Madjag

Madjag

Had it in Phoenix circa 1983 and it was excellent. Dipped Thai in Denver back in 1969 was equally fine.

Madjag

Madjag

Whatever happened to the skunk weed from the late 80s to the early 90s? That shit still to this day has me riding pass skunk carcasses reminising bout it.....hmmmmm!
Try some original Afghani #1 from Seedsman Seeds (Amsterdam) if you want to taste the original Sacred Seeds strain that is at the bottom of perhaps 75-90% of all skunky strains today. It was the first to hit the Amsterdam scene in the mid-late 1970's when Sam the Skunkman and Robert Connell Clarke (RCC) brought into the Dutch grow world. It changed everything literally. Straight up it will send you back to the rich road-kill skunk you remember.

singingcrow

singingcrow

There's a strain that doesn't come up often in my area. Think its a cross between a Purple Urkle and something or other. Makes me horny as hell. Last few times I vaped it, I could have jumped the bones of the first semi-cute guy to pass by...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
3 stand out for me.

The real NL #5. Minty pine trees so good.

Golden Hawaiin. Golden. smells so sweet and spicy. Only got this shit maybe 3 or 4 times in the late 90's

Some shit we called the studio city, it was a boutique herb this dude in Studio City grew himself. I was getting a deal on it when I was paying 680/oz. This was by far the best weed I have ever seen/smoked to date.

215 User

215 User

Sweet & Sour Heaven-Master Thai
(M-21 aka Victor Baarn) x Green Dragon

Amnesia Haze-Soma

Sour Willy & Mind Fuck-Rez

D

diesel707

Some stuff called mothership about 7 or 8 years ago. It was cali outdoor and the dankest thing around south jersey at the time. Wish I could get a cut of it but i haven't heard a single thing about it since. Anyone had this before?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Try some original Afghani #1 from Seedsman Seeds (Amsterdam) if you want to taste the original Sacred Seeds strain that is at the bottom of perhaps 75-90% of all skunky strains today. It was the first to hit the Amsterdam scene in the mid-late 1970's when Sam the Skunkman and Robert Connell Clarke (RCC) brought into the Dutch grow world. It changed everything literally. Straight up it will send you back to the rich road-kill skunk you remember.

Thanks Madjag! that's what I've been hearing. I grow LA Con it's the closest I've smoked/smelled in awhile that takes me to that back in the daze mind state, and it's a cross of two afghans and she reeks (carbon filter needed), it just grows slow and doesn't yield as much as other strains but it's definitely stash jar worthy....The best afghan I've tried in a loooooong time, and I found a bubba pheno that is about to be my foundation for some ill crosses!!

Sd1 514
J

Jar Man

Not so sure about Opium dipped Thai or Buddha Sticks. Read elsewhere on this forum from someone who claimed they helped distribute large quantities of it back in the day that the Opium dipped line is not true. But I did know someone who wouldn't have made it up and had been in Nam during the war about Opium cooking tents in the jungle villages where racks of tied Vietnam buds on sticks hung above the cooking pots of Opium to soak up the fumes in the tent. He said frequently the person stirring the pots would have to be carried out from being overcome by the fumes. And a line of eager waiting pot stirrers stood at the door to be next :P So I believe that some of what would have been called and looked like Thai Stick was actually laced with Opium fume residue.

fractal

fractal

Super Bill out of washington. . . that one had every flavor in the rainbow from pine to fruit and roadkill and everything in between. Best strain I ever grew to this day, fuck the OGs seriously. Next to that probably a select blockhead clone I rocked for a couple years. That one was like skunk shit mixed with deep red wine and roses, what you think when you think grapes but way tastier than any purple strains.

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Mid 80's Red Devil by far! Smells like dead skunks, nag champa, gasoline, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, and brown sugar. The taste is an almost overwhelming blast on lemon cleaning product that lasts forever with notes of skunk and garlic. This shit hits hard and lasts forever. Extremely euphoric, dreamy head high and a warm pulsating, couch locking body buzz. I was getting it for a while, usually having been cured over 3 months. Never had anything like it again. It is an Afghan x Afghan Skunk, but really oldschool like. Best and most unique ever.

Second is a bomb cut of sour diesel leaning strawberry diesel I can get. At its best it is like smoking tropical fuel juice.

E

EACH1TEACH1

There's a strain that doesn't come up often in my area. Think its a cross between a Purple Urkle and something or other. Makes me horny as hell. Last few times I vaped it, I could have jumped the bones of the first semi-cute guy to pass by...
i LIKE if this Crow is a women.

E

EACH1TEACH1

my favorite is super silver haze or a diamond diesel that was floating around 206 a while back.

Collembola

Collembola

bought one that was being sold as "Agent Orange" once. almost completely covered in orange hairs.

kooter840

kooter840

Most "unique strain" has got to be double purple doja. that shit is so purple its damn near pink and the taste is like no other purple strain ive tasted. Unique as hell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom