whats the one thing u wish u had thought of or knew b4 u built your grow area?

• Thread starter vuitton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heywho

A drain. cut in to the middle of the floor.

yeah.

And whoever said dont put all your eggs in one basket is SPOT ON.

Yeah, I've been pondering the drainage issue....

And, to your "eggs in one basket" -- I'd say, but if you have to, make that basket a fort....

Top and bottom deadbolts as well as the side ones
Metal doors & cases
engineered plywood instead of sheet rock, so they have to spend a LOT of time to get in.

& video survelience

I've even thought about bolting rebar around the flower and cure rooms... chainsaw through THAT :cool:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yeah, I've been pondering the drainage issue....

And, to your "eggs in one basket" -- I'd say, but if you have to, make that basket a fort....

Top and bottom deadbolts as well as the side ones
Metal doors & cases
engineered plywood instead of sheet rock, so they have to spend a LOT of time to get in.

& video survelience

I've even thought about bolting rebar around the flower and cure rooms... chainsaw through THAT :cool:

I was just talking about the plants crashing.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

re "off-gas" I know....., & this is medicine... I want "hospital" like conditions... but the price of building the room is giving me sticker shock... I was looking at a 5 coat epoxy system... Totally industrial strength... epoxy seeps into every pore in the pad.. the entire floor is epoxy.... so the floor will never wick moisture, and form paint bubbles...

but, if the cost is different enough, even though I live in a humid climate, I might go for the paint.

Appreciate any other folks experience w/ flooring

thanks

Did you get a sqft price for this stuff?

Good thinking on the fort, it's the way I roll.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was just talking about the plants crashing.

I meant:

powdery mildew
seeded crops from a hermie
infestation of a shitty bug of some kind
elephants foot
pythium

Things like that. I have lost a few crops in my time.

As far as your fort... sure its good to be secure, but if someone wants it... someone will have it. All that rebar won't stop a gun pointed at your face.

The best way to be secure is to not tell ANYBODY, and spend extra money on sound deadening gear and lots of can filters. Be discreet. If nobody knows about your grow than a simple deadbolt will do fine.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
OH yeah, for your floor...

pond liner will work great. No need for epoxy or fancy shit. in a carpeted room or a concrete one, I will put a 4x4 frame against the wall around the whole room, and drop a piece of pond liner in. Then, panda film on the walls that comes down and over the liner. Now you can spray the walls, and if you have a flood it's just a matter of using a sump pump.

H

heywho

Did you get a sqft price for this stuff?

Good thinking on the fort, it's the way I roll.

yeah.... make it take long enough that it's just not worth it, but as @captulator so eloquently pointed out -- "I got rebar on my walls is not a strong defense against a gun in my face.... so.... discretion is good.

also, @captulator -- I thought about heavy duty plastic, does it move around on the floor much?

ttystikk

ttystikk

pond liner will work great. No need for epoxy or fancy shit. in a carpeted room or a concrete one, I will put a 4x4 frame against the wall around the whole room, and drop a piece of pond liner in. Then, panda film on the walls that comes down and over the liner. Now you can spray the walls, and if you have a flood it's just a matter of using a sump pump.

I did this, and for most spills it works great- for the really big flood, you have to make a full-on bathtub, to the point of stepping over a sill as you set into the room, and make certain no electrical equipment is sitting on the floor- it must all be at least 6" up.

No amount of precaution defeats stupid, though; I didn't put my swamp cooler in the room and on the plastic, and forgot to shut off its fill; so I flooded my basement OUTSIDE the plastic. Yep. That took smarts.

yeah.... make it take long enough that it's just not worth it, but as @captulator so eloquently pointed out -- "I got rebar on my walls is not a strong defense against a gun in my face.... so.... discretion is good.

also, @captulator -- I thought about heavy duty plastic, does it move around on the floor much?

I used heavy duty plastic but I took care not to walk on it. If you are going to walk on your plastic, then you'll need pond liner or something durable enough to take it. Painting tarps come close, if you can get one both heavy enough for the abuse and fully waterproof.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I epoxied my floors,I did it myself and it came out great.A 20'x24'space cost me less than 150.00 bucks for materials from home depot.The only thing id change if i could was the floor is light gray and id rather it was white.

jamjam

jamjam

basically everything. barely researched b4 i grew n just hoped for the best. mind u it was outdoors so it wasnt too bad,...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Don't buy a whole bunch of expensive nutes that I will never use and end up giving away. Also don't go cheap on my meters. Buy one good, expensive, quality one not 3 cheap and shitty ones. Another one is don't waste your time with other lights and buy 1k's. You will eventually. Might as well just do it from the get go.

M

meercat.com

cut out a cupple extra passive intakes b4 sticking all my tackle in there lol pain in arse having to lug it all out again.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

A rain collector. And a badass fan........fuckin hell...and yes I wish I would have just bought the bigger light. Not like my 400Watt sucks or anything but.....more.. is more!

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

Some echoes here:
Get the dimmable 1000s
Get a quality pH pen and be diligent
EC pen same as above
Use RO
Learn how much calmag to use with the RO
Learn to do everything yourself from building the room to taking your own clones.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

Great idea that I learned from a partner about a 4x4 frame around the floor. We stapled lineolem from home depot to the frame to make our own liner. In another room we pulled up the carpet and used garage floor paint...we also discovered a drain under the carpet- bonus

Single most important thing I learned was/is that a LCD display emitting green light isn't the same as an LED because a LCD combine different wavelengths were a led is only 1 wavelength (green).
Take home is-> no matter what color light you see when you Are standing in your room in the dark-> Cover it up win duct tape etc. because that dehumidifier display will cause hermies if the display is green or some other color of light.

Top Bottom