Whats up, from Missouri!

• Thread starter MDK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MDK

MDK

LOL it's funny I was thinking the other day how many I've found even in some fire that I threw away over the years. I want them all back now 😂
I grew some top quality probably just by pure genetic quality back in 2012, I was young. But I had no idea what strain the seed was, I had 2 I identical plants so it was pretty stable strain and real frosty and gassy...perfect stuff..

Anyway since then I've kept a tackle box as a seed bank bc I've gotten quality strains pretty much ever since so always found a banger bean here or there

Went to pop this blue dream I really miss that I have 17 seeds of...so I've tried 6 and none have germinated. Now when I got the seeds I gave a buddy a couple and both plants turned out identical to the bag they came from...so another stable strain enough so that I wanted to run it. But other seeds I've kept along side it popped fine. Just weird so I got 10 or 12..however many left and I'm gonna save them til I can find a better method to germinating older seed.

Neueregel

Neueregel

One of the most beautiful things that have come from this is having had the opportunity to listen to so many others stories about how they got to where they are. Just like me, no intention of being an addict. Lead by medical care into the halls of hell.
I have had addicts, survivors of PTSD, depression, cancer and ppl dealing with severe pain on my front porch. Be it teaching to grow, make butter, or just share their hard won/earned wears. It taught me that there is hope, people for the most part are just human.
To grow this is a gift. I have found that through the grace of Creator it’s all a gift 🥰 I plan to teach, grow and consume all the days I have left 🙂
well said. CG

Scotty420

Scotty420

I grew some top quality probably just by pure genetic quality back in 2012, I was young. But I had no idea what strain the seed was, I had 2 I identical plants so it was pretty stable strain and real frosty and gassy...perfect stuff..

Anyway since then I've kept a tackle box as a seed bank bc I've gotten quality strains pretty much ever since so always found a banger bean here or there

Went to pop this blue dream I really miss that I have 17 seeds of...so I've tried 6 and none have germinated. Now when I got the seeds I gave a buddy a couple and both plants turned out identical to the bag they came from...so another stable strain enough so that I wanted to run it. But other seeds I've kept along side it popped fine. Just weird so I got 10 or 12..however many left and I'm gonna save them til I can find a better method to germinating older seed.
In my research one of the things I came across was germinating the seeds with hydrogen peroxide at a 1% solution. According to this study it really helped with germinating older seeds, might be worth a shot, I used it for my last round & it seemed to work so far with the exception of a couple seeds I think are just duds (I had multiple of the same strain & none have germinated regardless of method)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPzfZ_xFXtE

Neueregel

Neueregel

In my research one of the things I came across was germinating the seeds with hydrogen peroxide at a 1% solution. According to this study it really helped with germinating older seeds, might be worth a shot, I used it for my last round & it seemed to work so far with the exception of a couple seeds I think are just duds (I had multiple of the same strain & none have germinated regardless of method)

i agree. i have used that method as well.

MDK

MDK

Any recommendations on a good light for a 5x5 tent. I'm actually changing things up and making my current tent a mom/clone tent.

Figured I'd ask some of the experts in here...has to be LED. My max space is 5x5 so I want to cover that much space. When I search it appears to be viparspectra ads.

I had been hearing about the ks5000 prior to really browsing this forum....it's in my price range....is it the one? Other brand?

MDK

MDK

I had tried this maybe at a different ratio I think it was 3% didn't work for me but maybe I messed that up

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Any recommendations on a good light for a 5x5 tent. I'm actually changing things up and making my current tent a mom/clone tent.

Figured I'd ask some of the experts in here...has to be LED. My max space is 5x5 so I want to cover that much space. When I search it appears to be viparspectra ads.

I had been hearing about the ks5000 prior to really browsing this forum....it's in my price range....is it the one? Other brand?
What is your price range?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I agree on your terms of legalization but we all know the State is going to get their part. As for me, it’s 75.00 every three years and well worth it to keep the police out of my yard.
I expect to see prices eventually drop. One of my fav part’s of the new law is being able to legally gift anyone three ounces.
I think there are places that you can donate to legally now. Like there are Vet's who have formed a group for PTSD.

Does anyone here know a place in MO to pay it forward with bud? I always have too much anyhow.

Vets, cancer patients, whatever. Now that it is legal, why not?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Trying to keep it around 750 or so

I've seen a number of grows with this light and it performs well. I do not personally have one, but is a bar light (pretty much the only LED to look at these days) with good power and right at your budget number. There may be a discount code floating around here at the farm since they are a sponsor.

No control over spectrum, just intensity. But for a basic light for weed, it is tuned pretty well.

Scotty420

Scotty420

I had tried this maybe at a different ratio I think it was 3% didn't work for me but maybe I messed that up
So the ratio is actually pretty easy once you understand it. The stuff you get at the pharmacy is 3%, or in essence 3 peroxide parts in 100 parts of fluid, you're shooting for 1/100. So if you add 200 parts water to your original 100 part solution now you have 3 parts peroxide to 300 parts fluid or 1%.

Or more simply put mix 2 to 1 water to peroxide. I tbs peroxide to 2 tbs water should equal a 1% solution.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I found this germination method at the Brother Mendel website when I bought some of his seeds. I tried it out and have had 100% success with it, and it's fast too. Usually less than 36 hours to germinate and place in a paper towel is how I did it. Then into a rapid rooter after the tap root had got about an inch long.

I think I used equal parts 3% h2o2 and water.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Saw you were talking about azomite instead of glacier rock dust...have you started the azomite yet or is that the change you speak of?

Gotta figure out how to navigate the site better and follow or bookmark the stuff I'm following.

Does the number of views count non user views? Hope so I viewed it atleast a dozen times before I was a member. Pretty much any gaia green question I had was linked to your guide in the top 3 or 4 Google links so I just settled in and read the whole thread

That's awesome! The reason I made the guide was due to the complete lack of anything I could find online aside from 1-2 articles that pretty much repeated what the back of the container said and that alone isn't enough to get healthy cannabis plants.

I did switch from the Rock Dust over to Azomite my last grow. It worked out well but there was a difference in textures/solubility. Seemed like the Azomite was much more prone to "clump" and almost started to turn into a cement like substance so I wouldn't recommend top dressing Azomite by itself but blend it with some more soil before top dressing. I leave a good 4-6" of empty space up to the pot edge so that gives me some room to top dress 2-3x over the flower period without filling the pots to the brim.

I'm just playing around with feed amounts right now and testing frequencies. Bumping up to 4 or 5 tablespoons per gallon vs the 3 that I recommended originally, and I'm changing my micro blocks to 4 week blocks vs the 2 that I currently run. So instead of 1-2 tablespoons every 2 weeks I am currently testing 1/2 cup of each micro every 4 weeks.

4-5 tbspn per gallon of 444 or 284 every 4 weeks
1/2 cup of gypsum, epsom, and azomite every 4 weeks

The current dosage testing

Scotty420

Scotty420

I found this germination method at the Brother Mendel website when I bought some of his seeds. I tried it out and have had 100% success with it, and it's fast too. Usually less than 36 hours to germinate and place in a paper towel is how I did it. Then into a rapid rooter after the tap root had got about an inch long.

I think I used equal parts 3% h2o2 and water.

Yeah that's what it's calling for is a 1:1 instead of 2:1 mixture. Which to be fair is a 1.5% mixture which wasn't addressed in the study I saw. They tried at 0% 1% 2% & 3%. So it's possible that the real sweet spot is 1.5 & they didn't test that. But otherwise that's pretty much the method I'm using except I do float my seeds & I probably put more water on my paper towel than they're recommending.

So do you just fill your shot glass or whatever to just enough solution to partially cover the seed so there's no chance of it fully going under water?

Reactions: MDK
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So do you just fill your shot glass or whatever to just enough solution to partially cover the seed so there's no chance of it fully going under water?

I just used an old baby food jar (small size) with a lid. 10 ml of RO water with 10 ml 3% h2o2, put the lid on for about 14 hours, then into a paper towel. From what I remember, they floated but would have been completely submerged if not floating.

Reactions: MDK
MDK

MDK

I'm gonna gamble on a few more come spring, real nice blue strain, had the blue cotton candy taste hahaha

I have access to R/O water too so maybe with the 1% or 1.5% method I can get one or two to go

MDK

MDK

I think there are places that you can donate to legally now. Like there are Vet's who have formed a group for PTSD.

Does anyone here know a place in MO to pay it forward with bud? I always have too much anyhow.

Vets, cancer patients, whatever. Now that it is legal, why not?
Noble idea for sure. Not sure if there is a way or organization that handles it but could be revolutionary. Surprised these big grow ops that moved in aren't doing something like that as a tax break if they have extra.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Noble idea for sure. Not sure if there is a way or organization that handles it but could be revolutionary. Surprised these big grow ops that moved in aren't doing something like that as a tax break if they have extra.
I'm not finding anything on google. 🤔

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Top Bottom