what's up with my girls?

• Thread starter burn out
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yeah, if you don't wanna top the plants just tie it down. Tie a string to the top of the plant and then bend it over and clip the string to the side of your bucket. As the top grows up towards the sun keep tieing it down, its very simple.

burn out

burn out

Oh yeah, if you don't wanna top the plants just tie it down. Tie a string to the top of the plant and then bend it over and clip the string to the side of your bucket. As the top grows up towards the sun keep tieing it down, its very simple.

thanks! it sounds simple. i even made a rough sketch of it -looks like a kids sketch, doesn't it?? :):D
just wanted to ask you if you agree that an angle of about 45 degrees would be ok. i think it would be fine. the dashed green line shows the initial position of the plant, vertical, and the continuous green line the bent (new) position. red line is the string.
Tie down

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^Thats perfect, let the stem get used to being in that position for a couple days then bend it lower if you want.

burn out

burn out

hi guys!

update:

plants are going good. i think :). i post some more pics today so i have some pros' opinion.

pics are from day 24. i had an incident with the plants. i had to inform my wife about them (she had no clue about this grow, although she knows about my smoking habit) and a "discussion" followed which led to a compromise for me sacrificing one of the plants..:( well, since i don't live alone in the house i had to go with it...
so one of the snows went for a dark walk..permanently:eek:

the conditions are the same. no nutes (i want to keep them small or medium height, not giants), water stays 2-3 days out and then pH regulated to 6.3-6.5 and given to the girls. 2L soil pots.

First, i think it's time to switch to bigger pots. i'm thinking 14L pots so not to have to change again. this way, through the new soil i'll add to the bigger pots, the plants will get some nutes as well, keeping their green colour (light mix some some built-in nutes).

Then, you can see in the last picture the snowryder has begun to flower! (pink arrow) can this be true from day 23?? it's auto, but THAT quick?? i'm thinking to feed this plant particularly with some extra-P nute (like Bio-Bloom) to enhance flowering. what do you think, is it too early or not?

Moreover, the snow has some white spots on only 2 of its leafs (red arrows) and some brownish spots on another leaf (another red arrow on the right of the pic). People say the whites are probably white-flies, but i checked the leaf from above and below and didn't observe anything (only my eyes, no microscope). and it's only on those two leafs, hasn't spread more since many many days. u think i should spray with neem oil? if i don't find it, would it be ok to spray with a mix of 1 tea spoon dish-soap and the rest water? and what do you think are the brown spots?

about the sk#1's, the first (1) is the biggest of all, really beautiful :D . (pic "sk#1_1A")
in pic "sk#1_1B" you can see the only issue is that few leafs have turned partly dry and brown. i guess this is normanl though.

the second (2) (pic "sk#1_2") is a little smaller, nice plant too! in the pic you can see (red arrow) that it has only few white spots as well, only in one leaf. they are 3-4, it seems like a minor issue, much smaller issue compared to the snow.. still, you think i should take neem-oil measures, or maybe better not yet?

thanks guys for your time reading this!

peace

enjoy the pics:

Sk1 1A

sk#1_1A

Sk1 1B

sk#1_1B

Sk1 2

sk#1_2

Snow

snow

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^Nice plants, its usually normal for the bottom set of leaves to turn brown and die, I would just pull them off from the stem. Now the white spots are not normal, but its been there for a while and it doesn't look like its spreading so its probably not mold, I'd spray them with neem oil just to be safe. Neem oil will not effect the growth of your plant at all, so it won't hurt to use it as a precaution. When using neem make sure you spray in early morning or evening because its an oil based product and you don't wanna burn the leaves. Definately transplant to bigger pot, I would go with at least 20L (5 gallons), but you can do whatever you feel comfortable with. As for the autoflower, I'd wait another week or 2 before I give bloom nutes, but thats just my opinion, everything looks good, stay safe bro.

Top Bottom