what's up with my girls?

• Thread starter burn out
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn out

burn out

hi people! i am a (totally) new grower. first of all thanks for your time to read this and maybe give me any advice if you want. i found this forum really helpful and specialized in growing.

i did some research through the net and started my first grow. it's outdoor, in a balchony at about 38 degrees North. I used three kinds of seeds: Sensi seeds' skunk#1 feminised (2 seeds), white label master kush (3 seeds), and white label snowryder feminised (auto, 2 seeds). I put them all to germinate through the wet towel method on Wednesday 30 of May morning (a little late for the normal strains, i know..:oops:) they popped two days later, Friday, all except for the master kush seeds. i don't know why this happened, the keeping conditions were the same for all the seeds.. i kept the mk seeds in wet towels for 4 more days, nothing, so i threw them away.

so i planted carefully the sprouted seeds in Bio Bizz Light Mix soil (ph 6.3), 2L pots, nothing else, on Friday June 1 afternoon. and kept watering since then. i use a ph meter for the water, a Bio Bizz ph Down and watering them at about 5.3-5.8 ph. i use tap water but keeping it in a bucket uncovered in the balchony for 2-3 days to send the clorium away.

today (June 19) morning, day 17, i took these photos i uploaded here. i think sk#1_1 looks in perfect shape (me, a novice guy, says :)) but sk#1_2, although looking nice in terms of shape and standing (like it's sister), it has something like a brown "stain" on the leaf on the right of the pic (red arrow), and the tip of the leaf is brown as well. the stain looks like water has poured on it and somehow left this stain (i say this just to better explain what i see, i don't think that's the real fact here).

then both snowryder look in a kindof poor shape. their leafs point down. the colour in nice, but they point down... moreover, snowryder_1 has some "white dots" on one of its leafs (red arrow) and snowryder_2 has a similar issue with the sk#1_2.

please help guys! what do you think is the problem here? i was planning to start feeding them with some nut within this week, maybe Bio Bizz Bio Grow, this will give them strength i think. apart from this, what else can it be? i water when i check the soil is dry, that is, i water about two times a week, and the amount of water i give each plant is about 3/4 of a normal water glass volume. is it over-watering (i doubt..) or the opposite?

the reason i didn't feed with nute until now is mainly security, i don't want them to be giants. the auto is supposed to get into flo at the end of July, the sk#1 i guess about mid-September.. i also read in many sites that, even with not much nutes (maybe even not at all, just the right water) the plants grow and flower, just not in big size and large yields.. not a problem for me, i'm just checking my capabilities here.. btw, what do you think the yield will be (with Bio Grow started this week)? i'm guessing about 50 grams for each snowryder, maybe 100-150 grams for sk#1, or not?? :D

many many thanks for your time guys! appreciate any help given. happy farming to all!:)

Skunk1 1

sk#1_1

Skunk1 2

sk#1_2

Snowryder1

snow1

Snowryder2

snow2

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Cheese seems 2 b on 2 sumthin but I'm thinking maybe 2 low of ph b'cuz u said ur watering at 5.3-5.8 soil grows r better at 6.2-6.4.. I think ur pretty good tho the leaf that ur trippin on is juss the 1st set that always gets ugly & dies off.. Don't worry about that 1st set of single blad leaf mine always look like that then die after they have did there job.. But watch out doggie it's still early & them plants r gunna get giant.. If u want smaller plants u should start later in the season so the plants don't grow 2 big.. 1 year I planted a clone outside in Aug 1st & harvested a 1 foot tall straight spear that was a Lil over a 1/2 oz.. Lots of tiny plants like this could easily b hidden from view..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Oh yea don't give any nutes till the baby plants get bigger & start 2 lighten up & ask u 4 food.. There r plenty of nutes in the soil 2 last a few weeks

rollon

rollon

white dots could be insect damage, young plants outdoors can be a favorite meal. might want to try spraying them with neem oil if it gets worse. after the sun goes down not in direct sun. good luck

burn out

burn out

white dots could be insect damage, young plants outdoors can be a favorite meal. might want to try spraying them with neem oil if it gets worse. after the sun goes down not in direct sun. good luck

thanks rollon. it's not got any worse so at the moment i don't worry. but if it does go worse i'll try what you say. can you suggest a commercially available product that has this "neem oil"? i mean, how do i obtain it? (english is not my native language so i'm not familiare with the term, and couldn't get it well translated as well..) thanks for your good luck wishes!

burn out

burn out

Oh yea don't give any nutes till the baby plants get bigger & start 2 lighten up & ask u 4 food.. There r plenty of nutes in the soil 2 last a few weeks

yes this is what i'm gonna do. after all, it's weed, and it's a survivor:cool: especially when you say i started early so they'll get huge..
i thought of this, to wait and start later, maybe in July, but through my reading i got the impression that the light timing and sun's motion is very important to the plant, since it has a "duration of light sensitivity", and it HAS to be planted in a specific time (beginning of summer or late spring). anyway...

but please explain, as this is very important: what do you mean by "lighten up and ask for food"?? is there a specific plant attribute, leaf colour, shape or standing that will "tell" me they need food? what is the sign? and how much "bigger" you mean?

thanks!

burn out

burn out

thanks guys all of you for the precious help! it makes this much easier- and more fun!

to be honest i got a little confused since opinions differ in the matter of ph... i'm not sure what is the right thing, so at first i watered them yesterday with a ph of 5.3 (like before), but i'm thinking next time to increase it a little to be close to 6 or 6.2-max 6.3... this will be a trial-and-error method, see the results and then maybe have to change it again to lower values..
time will show!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

The leafs will tell u everything.. I keep a very very close eye on the leafs the color, the tips, the saw blades on the edges, if there standing up or down.. The plants talk 2 u threw the leafs.. But I've been doing this 4 a long time so it's kinda hard 2 explane.. What I was talking about was the leaf color if there super dark green they have plenty or even maybe 2 much Nitrogen.. & when the leafs lose there green & start 2 turn pail & yellow they need Nitrogen that's the sign I'm talking about.. Rite now the leafs look good when they start getting pail looking or yellowish then there asking 4 food..you will notice it pretty easy but I wouldn't worry till almost a month.. If u transplant your plants into a bigger pot then the new soil will have more nutes 2 get you by even longer..

I'm not sure where your at or how much sun your plants are getting so it's hard 2 say how big there gunna get..I Iive in Cali & my plants will grow until Aug 7-14 then flower till
Mid Oct.. That would give the plant over 2 & 1/2 months 2 get big..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Also don't worry about the light green on the very tips of the new leafs growing there always light green then they turn green like the rest of the plant.. Look at the entire plants color

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
thanks rollon. it's not got any worse so at the moment i don't worry. but if it does go worse i'll try what you say. can you suggest a commercially available product that has this "neem oil"? i mean, how do i obtain it? (english is not my native language so i'm not familiare with the term, and couldn't get it well translated as well..) thanks for your good luck wishes!
Neem oil derived from the seeds of the neem tree I believe,Indian descent,smells like toasted almonds.common natural insect repellent not endorsed by our US minds.get it at any grow store.a drop of liquid dish soap will help with the penetrationwhen spraying.I used to warm mine up before mixing,it has a waxlike consistency.my buddy sprays the whole house,dogs,cats,etc.as a preventative.have fun

burn out

burn out

Neem oil derived from the seeds of the neem tree I believe,Indian descent,smells like toasted almonds.common natural insect repellent not endorsed by our US minds.get it at any grow store.a drop of liquid dish soap will help with the penetrationwhen spraying.I used to warm mine up before mixing,it has a waxlike consistency.my buddy sprays the whole house,dogs,cats,etc.as a preventative.have fun

thanks. that's a detailed description i'm gonna need if i go to my grow shop to get this.

burn out

burn out

The leafs will tell u everything.. I keep a very very close eye on the leafs the color, the tips, the saw blades on the edges, if there standing up or down.. The plants talk 2 u threw the leafs.. But I've been doing this 4 a long time so it's kinda hard 2 explane.. What I was talking about was the leaf color if there super dark green they have plenty or even maybe 2 much Nitrogen.. & when the leafs lose there green & start 2 turn pail & yellow they need Nitrogen that's the sign I'm talking about.. Rite now the leafs look good when they start getting pail looking or yellowish then there asking 4 food..you will notice it pretty easy but I wouldn't worry till almost a month.. If u transplant your plants into a bigger pot then the new soil will have more nutes 2 get you by even longer..

I'm not sure where your at or how much sun your plants are getting so it's hard 2 say how big there gunna get..I Iive in Cali & my plants will grow until Aug 7-14 then flower till
Mid Oct.. That would give the plant over 2 & 1/2 months 2 get big..

thanks man that's really helpful! now i got the picture. i have other plants also and i now understand better this green colour sign by observing the other plants too.. i do plan to transplant the mj's pretty soon. and with new BioBizz Light Mix soil they will get more nutes to carry on..

i live in Greece. like i said it's about 38 degrees North and the sun is much and powerful!:cool::D

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh you live in Greece, my father was born in Kefalonia and raised in Athens. Anyways, trust what MakinGoo said about the Ph, when growing in soil the ideal Ph is 6.5 and all the nutes will be available within a range of 6.3-6.6 so you should raise your Ph slightly.

If you don't want your plants to get too big then try to tie them down when they do. Since your outdoors they will get big, so start reading about training plants so you know how to do it when the time comes, by the way your plants look great and good luck with your grow.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Cheese seems 2 b on 2 sumthin but I'm thinking maybe 2 low of ph b'cuz u said ur watering at 5.3-5.8 soil grows r better at 6.2-6.4.. I think ur pretty good tho the leaf that ur trippin on is juss the 1st set that always gets ugly & dies off.. Don't worry about that 1st set of single blad leaf mine always look like that then die after they have did there job.. But watch out doggie it's still early & them plants r gunna get giant.. If u want smaller plants u should start later in the season so the plants don't grow 2 big.. 1 year I planted a clone outside in Aug 1st & harvested a 1 foot tall straight spear that was a Lil over a 1/2 oz.. Lots of tiny plants like this could easily b hidden from view..

oh yup.. thanks for catching that goo.. i need to pay more attention when reading and giving advice..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

thanks man that's really helpful! now i got the picture. i have other plants also and i now understand better this green colour sign by observing the other plants too.. i do plan to transplant the mj's pretty soon. and with new BioBizz Light Mix soil they will get more nutes to carry on..

i live in Greece. like i said it's about 38 degrees North and the sun is much and powerful!:cool::D

WOW that super kool I've never met somebody from as far away as Greece.. Nice 2 meet u & I'm glad I could help out.. I live in Fresno California & on the map it shows I'm at 36 degrees north so I'm thinking we're almost at the same suns angle..your getting powerful sun just like me.. Good luck on ur grow.. Your doing good so far so keep up the good work..

burn out

burn out

Oh you live in Greece, my father was born in Kefalonia and raised in Athens. Anyways, trust what MakinGoo said about the Ph, when growing in soil the ideal Ph is 6.5 and all the nutes will be available within a range of 6.3-6.6 so you should raise your Ph slightly.

If you don't want your plants to get too big then try to tie them down when they do. Since your outdoors they will get big, so start reading about training plants so you know how to do it when the time comes, by the way your plants look great and good luck with your grow.

[sorry for getting back so late, it was a busy weekend]
oh, nice, so you have Greek roots. Kefalonia is a beautiful island, although I've not been there I've heard the best about it. Ionian Sea in general is really beautiful, all the islands there are green and with great beaches. anyways, i understand MakinGoo's Ph suggestion is the best and I already go with this option.

about the size issue, do you have a suggestion on how to train them to not get huge (or how to tie them?) or maybe a link on the web? that would save me some time, it'd be much appreciated.

thanks for your good luck wishes! i hope i won't dissapoint you all guys..:):D

burn out

burn out

WOW that super kool I've never met somebody from as far away as Greece.. Nice 2 meet u & I'm glad I could help out.. I live in Fresno California & on the map it shows I'm at 36 degrees north so I'm thinking we're almost at the same suns angle..your getting powerful sun just like me.. Good luck on ur grow.. Your doing good so far so keep up the good work..

[like i said to lex, sorry for the late reply, things here got busy]

Nice 2 meet u too man! and thanks once again for your help it was very useful and accurate! yes it's amazing how far away is here from Cali... but the sun is pretty much the same! :cool:
here it's not summer all the year like there (i think it's like this in Cali, or almost like this), here we have a mild winter of an average lowest temperature of about 40 F, but now it is summer and it is freaking hot! (today 104 F!!o_O :cool: )

well i hope i keep up the good work, thank u for the good luck words, the fact is that it may seem simple now that it's the beginning but i'm sure it will get more challenging in the days to come..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

[sorry for getting back so late, it was a busy weekend]
oh, nice, so you have Greek roots. Kefalonia is a beautiful island, although I've not been there I've heard the best about it. Ionian Sea in general is really beautiful, all the islands there are green and with great beaches. anyways, i understand MakinGoo's Ph suggestion is the best and I already go with this option.

about the size issue, do you have a suggestion on how to train them to not get huge (or how to tie them?) or maybe a link on the web? that would save me some time, it'd be much appreciated.

thanks for your good luck wishes! i hope i won't dissapoint you all guys..:):D

I don't have any specific websites, I always just searched on Google and YouTube, especially YouTube because it helps when you can actually see someone do it. You still have about a month of veg time so thats enough for you to Top it a couple times, thats when you cut off the top of the plant. Just search it on YouTube and you should be fine, good luck, SPARTA!!

Dr.X

Dr.X

Oh maaan, today I'm to lazy to read the whole thread :( but I'm sure those white spots are from the white fly. But with neem oil the fuckers will stay away ;)

Top Bottom