Whats wrong with my new growth? I KNOW do you.

• Thread starter Treecutter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Lol sorry you still don't get the point of the thread. I did say it was my mistake and I did say it happend before, 4 years ago.

Sorry I didn't post a pic of the timer and make it easy for you to be the first response to the thread to win by seeing the timer 4 ft away from the tent at 1200 to say "I Win, I was first" and close the thread out right there.

That would have saved alot of time to only have 1 input. Thanks again for your contributions. I'll try to make it less challenging in the future.

I mean, hell it would have been realy hard to look at the charts displayed in this very forum and posted every answer for yellowing leaves and got it right.

Sorry it was so hard. Bad bad me. I'm going to hell.View attachment 1186719View attachment 1186720
Lol sorry you still don't get the point of the thread. I did say it was my mistake and I did say it happend before, 4 years ago.

Sorry I didn't post a pic of the timer and make it easy for you to be the first response to the thread to win by seeing the timer 4 ft away from the tent at 1200 to say "I Win, I was first" and close the thread out right there.

That would have saved alot of time to only have 1 input. Thanks again for your contributions. I'll try to make it less challenging in the future.

I mean, hell it would have been realy hard to look at the charts displayed in this very forum and posted every answer for yellowing leaves and got it right.

Sorry it was so hard. Bad bad me. I'm going to hell.View attachment 1186719View attachment 1186720
Thanks for the chart. You are the GOAT!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
im constantly messing a plant up then when i figure out what it is i grow one just to make it do whatever it did. i enjoy trying to duplicate some fail, and seeing the differences in how they look.

most of my fails are environmental. i use good dirt so i dont have any of the deficiency or over fed stuff. but i did recently make a set of plants so i could burn them 4 different ways, lol. i should have made a game of those!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

im constantly messing a plant up then when i figure out what it is i grow one just to make it do whatever it did. i enjoy trying to duplicate some fail, and seeing the differences in how they look.

most of my fails are environmental. i use good dirt so i dont have any of the deficiency or over fed stuff. but i did recently make a set of plants so i could burn them 4 different ways, lol. i should have made a game of those!
A game would be very cool if it was setup, and introduced properly.

OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

Are you suggesting these types of charts are mostly useless for diagnosis?
If so I 100% agree. The most they should ever be is a very rough guide.

What we often think "looks" like iron, sulphur, calcium, magnesium etc is caused by something else entirely.
I mean all possibility aside, 2 thirds of those leaves show interveinal yellowing...

To throw a spanner in the works, which micro nutrient would likely be first impacted without adequate light?
You're certainly right about what your own problem was, but it still doesn't help diagnose "why" the leaves were yellow, only the cause.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Oh, I get it. Obviously you don't judging by your continued arrogance. Yes, I said it. I'm a recovering addict myself so it's really OBVIOUS to me, but likely not so to you since I did not post the entire life experience that would lead you to know this.

Simply put: You ain't making friends. Chillax and don't worry about who gets the credit.
Let's just say I'm good at doing the wrong thing, this thread in point.
That might make you feel better i hope.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

The thing I learned most from treecutters original post is that it’s difficult to successfully grow indoors until you get your system dialed in, and even then, things can go kaflooey in an instant. That’s why I grow outdoors. Granted, I’m in MA, not in AZ, and my environment is more conducive to outdoor growing but for the past 20 years my sun has never malfunctioned, my soil is good, my nutrients have been minimal but adequate, and during the infrequent droughts my water timer has worked well. Yes, shit happens but when it doesn’t (which is most of the time) my spring/summer/fall crop gets me enough buds to go through the winter. Green love to everyone.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Are you suggesting these types of charts are mostly useless for diagnosis?
If so I 100% agree. The most they should ever be is a very rough guide.

What we often think "looks" like iron, sulphur, calcium, magnesium etc is caused by something else entirely.
I mean all possibility aside, 2 thirds of those leaves show interveinal yellowing...

To throw a spanner in the works, which micro nutrient would likely be first impacted without adequate light?
You're certainly right about what your own problem was, but it still doesn't help diagnose "why" the leaves were yellow, only the cause.
Your absolutely correct. As comfortably numb put it, they could all be fase indicators. New growers look at the charts and don't realize nutrient difficiency doesn't mean your not giving it enough nutrients. So the charts are a good chart for you to ask why. All symptoms don't jump you right to the cause that's why I said Comfortably Numb put it the best way I ever seen.

Treecutter

Treecutter

The thing I learned most from treecutters original post is that it’s difficult to successfully grow indoors until you get your system dialed in, and even then, things can go kaflooey in an instant. That’s why I grow outdoors. Granted, I’m in MA, not in AZ, and my environment is more conducive to outdoor growing but for the past 20 years my sun has never malfunctioned, my soil is good, my nutrients have been minimal but adequate, and during the infrequent droughts my water timer has worked well. Yes, shit happens but when it doesn’t (which is most of the time) my spring/summer/fall crop gets me enough buds to go through the winter. Green love to everyone.
Wish I could brother. State of AZ for medical grow requires 10 ft wall with 1/2 inch thick steel door for outdoors. Would love to do it and start one indoors in Jan and keep it in veg till the end of May. By October it would be seen by everyone.
Some day when both the kids are out of college and the funds are there, I might just try it.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Our dirt here isn't dirt. All red clay. Closest nursery 120 mile round trip for sub par soil next would be 340 miles.
Nothing but buit soil from shipped in supplies.

And that would be a good game. I almost started this thread with a flooded out clone but these guys would have nailed it off the get go and not added all the info they did.

I got this hair brain idea watching the new growers get multiple directions pulling them 20 different ways. I should have just posted links to resources.

I see there's one post in here to the links with the charts. Maybe one of these guys that has the time to build a thread for new growers with info links to start in and we can all bump it each time we're on.

I've been in other forums where you have to build up points by learning and posting in the general forum as a new member before the entire forum opened up.

But I hope the next generation of grower comes out on top.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I see there's one post in here to the links with the charts. Maybe one of these guys that has the time to build a thread for new growers with info links to start in and we can all bump it each time we're on.

I've been in other forums where you have to build up points by learning and posting in the general forum as a new member before the entire forum opened up.
We have all of that here. Have you tried exploring the place before assuming we do not have these resources?

Treecutter

Treecutter

We have all of that here. Have you tried exploring the place before assuming we do not have these resources?
I know we have that here. How many new growers look at it first and how many of us point them at it.

Is there any post I might put that you don't want to be condescending too?

Treecutter

Treecutter

So any new growers still reading this thread need help if you click on the options, the 3 lines top left, scroll all the way to the bottom you'll find "Grow FAQ"

Don't click on the arrow and do a search yet. Click on GROW FAQ. After the fist paragraph click on categories.

There is a whole new world of knowledge for you.

Itsme7576

Itsme7576

All the new growers that are having issues already have 20 different inputs in there threads buy people trying to help them out with there grow.

Simple, you don't want to participate in this no need to comment and you can keep posting on all there threads their ph is off on every response you give.

So ill close this out. Soon all the guys that came close will get the seeds and the trolls can keep going back to doing what they do best.

See I get more pleasure out of learning something new than operating "Knowledge is power and power isn't shared" there is to much of that every where you look.

My yellowing in my plant im pretty sure is 99% not the issues any one is currently having with their grow, but you missed that point.

The point was for guys to put up information of what causes yellowing in new growth. Just because you had it doesn't mean its the same issue with anyone else's grow.

If someone realy is waiting for my issue to be told to save their plants after my original post said I would post the answer in 30 days I wouldn't call that very logical when they already have multiple guys on their own thread trying to help them out.

But if there in here looking at all the educate guessing and people that are contributing, they might have some success and those people that tried will be helping them out.

But your the cannabis God that knows all the answers and knows any grower searching for help won't actually read this thread and find a response, "Overwatering due to lack of calmag and not uptaking nutrients" and say holly crap none of my nutrients have calcium and magnesium.

No no no, we can't learn from that, we just got to sit here and cry, pound our fist demanding an answer. Thats what always worked with mommy and dada so you have to do the same.
CRY ME A F#CKING RIVER
I think nitrogen deficiency

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

LOL @Treecutter, I'm not here to denigrate you. Normally we do that just fine on our own.

You might have been here longer than me, I have no idea, but you don't seem familiar with forum protocol.
You are who you are, but we can always choose to be otherwise to facilitate understanding.

You seem to be academically trained in some respects. That's fine but the attitude that is usually handed from Prof to Student is not conducive to friendly communication. You sound aloof and dispassionate in your writing. People pick up on that.
I was guilty of the exact same thing. It takes time.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Always use analog timers. I have never had luck with digital ones. Nobody talked about VPD?

Latest posts

Top Bottom