Whats Your Perfect Drying Temp/humidity?

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

I prefer my bananas a bit green. D'oh!

Hee! :D

But! If they're too ripe for your taste, have you ever tried frying bananas in butter? Fry til they've let out ALL their juices, turn a rich, caramel brown color and have lost all firmness.

You're welcome.

I should try that. Honestly anything with a hint of brown is too ripe. 50/50 green yellow is perfect for me!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's hilarious, I'm the same way. If there's no green on it, it's too ripe for me to eat. So, I let it get nice and brown and cook that bad bitch DOWN.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Letting them die can also mean cutting them off nutes (leaching) and like debated b4 but its word... you always kick the nitrogen and let the plant fade out the last 2 weeks or more for an easier cure and better smoke. You wouldnt eat a green banana or strawberry. .. y smoke one?
But I'll eat a green tomato!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hahaha well now that we all know what green foods we will eat... the point was bringing out anthocyanins and ditching nitrogen is a great way to have a easier dry/cure time and usually more full flavored. Anthocyanins have been linked to more antioxidants too.

R

rascali

It's not as simple as temp/RH, you also need to consider the volume and velocity of the air and the product mass.

also, that whole two week hang time is definitely chlorophyll v terpenes, there are better ways to soften the green

jackwhite

jackwhite

But! If they're too ripe for your taste, have you ever tried frying bananas in butter? Fry til they've let out ALL their juices, turn a rich, caramel brown color and have lost all firmness.

You're welcome.
It's not as simple as temp/RH, you also need to consider the volume and velocity of the air and the product mass.

also, that whole two week hang time is definitely chlorophyll v terpenes, there are better ways to soften the green
What other way would you suggest?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I do 68 degrees 65% humidity for the first 24hrs then down to 60% the rest of the time.

ExpertTs

ExpertTs

I know many people that just run flower nutes through whole grow... you can kill off a plant with shock too. Flushing organic grows is kinda counter productive. .. just leaching out nute at the end is popular
I feel like u still can get better food when you even give your organic soil some nice good water you'll never be able to fully flush anything unless u can somehow get three gallon of water per gallon of soil I have used a toxicity meter in the run off to reach this figure.
Smoke and ride

ExpertTs

ExpertTs

You're welcome.
That's bananas fodter

phyfusion

phyfusion

Me, too! I prefer a bit colder IF possible without the moisture. Some strains will find 60%RH for drying too wet (the NL#5 I grew out a few years ago was one of those, just stayed SO sticky!), but by and large, me diggy them thar parameters. I feel the colder the better.
I agree-just finished drying a Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets (golf ball nuggets), Mango Smile, and Sour Stompers. SN and Mango smile has more oil than sour stomper so I had to dry those two down to 48% RH for 14 days at (56F average temp). If not, just too sticky. I prefer mine a little dry so trich are easy to detach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom