Whats your pesticide?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbear180

Dbear180

I was able to find mars hydro for 132 and gorrilla for 231 with the extensions. Am i losing out going to mars instead of gorrilla? or am i getting decent quality with mars?

Honestly I cant say, I've only had exp with Gorilla but I'm more than happy with it. I use it for overflow from my veg & to hold clones. Very light proof & the zippers & material seem to be very well made. The only gripe I had about the gorilla was the material they use for the cinch shut intake & exhaust ports seemed kinda shitty & had a few very small holes in it. But I constantly find my cat on top of it & I know she climbs it to get up there & that doesn't show at all. The outside is pretty tough.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Gorilla also has three dif lines & price varies so make sure to pay attention. The og. The shorty. & the light line. Light line being their cheap line. Shortys are obviously short. The og is the original & the one I got, just a different color.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So im really trying to cheap it out with what i have right now. Opinions on patching the tent with lets say, all weather gorrilla tape, i feel like that may hold? shit holds forever. i can get reflective tape for the inside, black for the outside. Think bugs can get through it still? Will also seal zipper doors i dont use/nor have access to even. im getting window plastic to cover unused windows. Im going full blast with this protection. Ordered bug mesh covers for my intake duct to the tent. moved dirty clothes to a closet outside the grow room. growing in my bedroom , i keep my clothes in here too. So changed that up.

Like i said, i dont have bugs now, im kinda just doing all this because... well.... i have the spare time? and preventions the shit. So. Fuk it.

Opinions on the tape though? bad idea? do i HAVE to eat the 140 and grab a new tent? Should i just bite the damn bullet and do it? lol.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Honestly I cant say, I've only had exp with Gorilla but I'm more than happy with it. I use it for overflow from my veg & to hold clones. Very light proof & the zippers & material seem to be very well made. The only gripe I had about the gorilla was the material they use for the cinch shut intake & exhaust ports seemed kinda shitty & had a few very small holes in it. But I constantly find my cat on top of it & I know she climbs it to get up there & that doesn't show at all. The outside is pretty tough.

Like shit if i can make my tent last atleast 2 more months i can grab a gorrilla one and id fukin loveee that.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Yeah dude just tape it for now, you'll be fine. I'd even keep it going once you get another if you have the space & funds. Can get a few week head start on a staggered run or keep moms & clones in it.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Yeah dude just tape it for now, you'll be fine. I'd even keep it going once you get another if you have the space & funds. Can get a few week head start on a staggered run or keep moms & clones in it.

Oooooooo i like the ideas, i do.......Electricity would be my issue, just trying have enough space on the circuits. Ive been blowing circuits with a light and heater on, or the heater and the AC. I think my old apartment circuit breakers are only 15amp and trip at 1800 watts through my research, my heater is 1600. i run the heater off the living room circuit, and then the rest of my tent off my bedroom circuit. You see what im saying? I could run 2 lights off my bedroom and an airconditioner though, which means i would have the space for an extra tent. It may also make the living space in my room smaller. But what do us stoners care? LOL.

My light list:
Meizhi 900w (pulls like 400 from the wall, i think, maybe 375)
Meizhi 450w (pulls like 200 from the wall)
King LED 1000W
2x 600 watt Wills Blurple LEDS (shitty) (like 90ws from the wall LOL)
(i tested them on my electricity tester, i just dont remember exact numbers)

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I could even go with like a 2x2 veg and then do a 2x2 flower tent or something. Its tough trying to fit it in certain parameters. Lol

greenery44

greenery44

Sulphur burner is my #1. Prevents mildew, and makes it very unwelcoming for spider mites.
#2 would be pyrethrin bombs.
Fav nuke would have to be Imid, but only when you absolutely need to put an end to the un-winnable war.
Hi dirtbag ;), thank you for all of your helpful posts! I have root aphids with fliers in coco. I got Zenith 75 which is an imid product and I am planning on doing a root drench. My question is, Will the root drench kill the fliers? I read that because it's systemic, the crawlers will die from feeding on the plant, but will the fliers die too? Or do I need to spray to kill the fliers?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

De Earth, cheap organic and highley effective, these 2 plants had thrips early on toof decay by Methisto at day 48 still in veg running 2 cycles paid $65 for 3 beans 2 took and i thought i was gonna lose them! De Earth to the rescue i swear by that stuff.

20191210 075715
20191210 075729
20191210 075624
B

Burned Haze

You bitch about price about price? Well price per gallon is very cheap ( hints why the big boys are willing to use it daily to fight their pest by airplane or commercial sprayers ) so many new growers see bottled stuff since it’s so much bigger/cheaper as their fix but they need to see the ingredients and how much they need to put per gallon, if the product they are buying is just watery bs ( like so many at the hydro store) or Petroleum Based based voodoo , who cares ( and do want that on my buds and why am I buying it?)

-
Example
Total = 192 tablespoons of grandevo (one 6 lb /3 year shelf life )to use , that’s really a great price for non oil ( so many of these products are simple based oil based bs & over priced, I support bio control)

So let me give you a example, when I sprayed my plants down (grandevo) from top/bottom In both veg and flower room (I only used 2 gals total , I always use their max rate , 3 tablespoons= 6 tablespoons, so price it cost me to spray me was 2bucksish.. OMG lol )

if you let pests get population , your fucked . IPM is the only key and any real grower and operation knows that they all do that . Hints why they spend to prevent but it guarantees their crop. What’s the point of doing this whole cycle and working so hard and then be infected or have way worse percentage because of pests & molds?

You asked for a answer and then only wanted a certain level and wanted to debate? If you want answers why? ,some people just want too much or yes men. Well I’m not going to just bs ya or male pest management a product was the cure. Don’t believe my words ? Don’t care ( I spent my time giving ya tips on the brands and ya bitched lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hi dirtbag ;), thank you for all of your helpful posts! I have root aphids with fliers in coco. I got Zenith 75 which is an imid product and I am planning on doing a root drench. My question is, Will the root drench kill the fliers? I read that because it's systemic, the crawlers will die from feeding on the plant, but will the fliers die too? Or do I need to spray to kill the fliers?
Dirtbag is a VERY knowledgable member. I know sometimes i have issues seeing what recent posts have been posted on, so im going to go head and tag him on here for you so he gets the notification, im sure hell be more than glad to help you out.
@Dirtbag

Thanks for all the input everyone, im glad everyone is discussing quality info. im following along, got a little list of some things i want to maybe check out, that dr earth sounds promising. Im all about pest control. and prevention. even mildew. Pm is my worry lol.

i have found i think i am going to have to spend a buck on IPM LOL.

Seraphine

Seraphine

You bitch about price about price? Well price per gallon is very cheap ( hints why the big boys are willing to use it daily to fight their pest by airplane or commercial sprayers ) so many new growers see bottled stuff since it’s so much bigger/cheaper as their fix but they need to see the ingredients and how much they need to put per gallon, if the product they are buying is just watery bs ( like so many at the hydro store) or Petroleum Based based voodoo , who cares ( and do want that on my buds and why am I buying it?)

-
Example
Total = 192 tablespoons of grandevo (one 6 lb /3 year shelf life )to use , that’s really a great price for non oil ( so many of these products are simple based oil based bs & over priced, I support bio control)

So let me give you a example, when I sprayed my plants down (grandevo) from top/bottom In both veg and flower room (I only used 2 gals total , I always use their max rate , 3 tablespoons= 6 tablespoons, so price it cost me to spray me was 2bucksish.. OMG lol )

if you let pests get population , your fucked . IPM is the only key and any real grower and operation knows that they all do that . Hints why they spend to prevent but it guarantees their crop. What’s the point of doing this whole cycle and working so hard and then be infected or have way worse percentage because of pests & molds?

You asked for a answer and then only wanted a certain level and wanted to debate? If you want answers why? ,some people just want too much or yes men. Well I’m not going to just bs ya or male pest management a product was the cure. Don’t believe my words ? Don’t care ( I spent my time giving ya tips on the brands and ya bitched lol)

Awesome video (the first one).

Beneficial nematodes, grandevo, bontigard 22wp, azamax, and azera are all part of my IPM for my non -Cannabis outdoor work. My main pests outdoors are cucumber beetles, tarnished plant bugs, aphids, cabbage loopers, cabbage worms. I also plant a ton of nasturtium to keep the aphids away from my money making plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I think the fliers still feed on exposed roots so they would probably die too, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You could lay out yellow sticky cards over the pots and hang them by the lights to catch most of them too. But even if you do nothing for the fliers, all the RA's both flying and otherwise will be gone a few days after using Imid at the correct dosage.

Keep in mind this is only to be done in Veg, I would never use Imid in flower ever.

In the first 2/3 of flower I would make a few applications of a full strength dose of botanigard in a drench, and pyrethrin bomb and botanigard spray for the fliers.

Last edited:
greenery44

greenery44

I think the fliers still feed on exposed roots so they would probably die too, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You could lay out yellow sticky cards over the pots and hang them by the lights to catch most of them too. But even if you do nothing for the fliers, all the RA's both flying and otherwise will be gone a few days after using Imid at the correct dosage.

Keep in mind this is only to be done in Veg, I would never use Imid in flower ever.

In the first 2/3 of flower I would make a few applications of a full strength dose of botanigard in a drench, and pyrethrin bomb and botanigard spray for the fliers.

Thank you so much dirt bag. I have some more questions if you have the time to answer. You are such a wealth of info!!!

I killed and dumped the flowering plants. A hard choice to make at the end of wk 3, but seemed like the best thing to do because i don’t really want to invest all that extra work and energy only to have the flowers be dull and small in the end.

As a regular ongoing IPM strategy in the future I will follow your recommendation of a Botanigard drench in the first 2/3 of flower. 2 questions about this. First, Botanigard is expensive, so as regular maintenance (after root aphids are gone), do you think 1 or 2 drenches with Botanigard will be adequate enough? Second, I think I read that you cannot use nutrients in the same mix as a Botanigard drench. Is that correct?

My current IPM spraying regime in veg and first 2/3 flower: Azagard + Zerotol 1x/wk, Botanigard 1x/ wk, and sulfur every 10 days. Do you think that spraying these weekly will build resistance? should i switch to other sprays as well sometimes?
(I did realize through your thread that the Botanigard that I have been spraying was most likely too old to have been doing anything.) Is it correct that 1 bag of Botanigard should be used within 2/3 months and after that it is no longer viable?

The thing that I am most concerned about after going through all this effort and investment to suspend plants in Veg and treat with Imid, sterilize the space, and buy new pots is that the Root Aphid eggs will still be around and hatch in 6 months again!!! the lil
bastards:/

Luckily I have 2 spaces in different locations so I can completely clear plants out of one space and sterilize and then move plants over and sterilize other space. Regarding getting rid of eggs, I’ve read so many things. what would you recommend for the eggs? I was thinking to heat rooms to 105 for 4 hrs to hatch eggs, then bomb with pyrethrum, then spray H2O2. will that do it? god i sound paranoid....

Im looking forward to seeing the flowers at their full potential again. I think the root aphids have been plaguing me for 6 months or more.

Thanks again and blessings!

greenery44

greenery44

Dirtbag is a VERY knowledgable member. I know sometimes i have issues seeing what recent posts have been posted on, so im going to go head and tag him on here for you so he gets the notification, im sure hell be more than glad to help you out.
@Dirtbag

Thanks for all the input everyone, im glad everyone is discussing quality info. im following along, got a little list of some things i want to maybe check out, that dr earth sounds promising. Im all about pest control. and prevention. even mildew. Pm is my worry lol.

i have found i think i am going to have to spend a buck on IPM LOL.

Thank you Cosmo for helping me
navigate THC farmer forum and tagging dirtbag for me! I’m not so great at technology sometimes so hopefully my reply makes it to you both. IPM can be pricey but imo worth it to prevent instead of having to rely heavily on chemicals and pesticides. having perpetual bugs is such a big bummer. i look forward to
more info sharing in future

greenery44

greenery44

Thank you Cosmo for helping me
navigate THC farmer forum and tagging dirtbag for me! I’m not so great at technology sometimes so hopefully my reply makes it to you both. IPM can be pricey but imo worth it to prevent instead of having to rely heavily on chemicals and pesticides. having perpetual bugs is such a big bummer. i look forward to
more info sharing in future
also, i guess it’s not certifiable, but spraying sulfur every 10 days or so in veg and first 2 wks flower has kept PM out of my garden. It can also help with bud rot and pests. and it’s cheap!

Seraphine

Seraphine

Sulfur is actually a really good pesticide. Kills mites and other pests as well as fungus. During flower I use it on my containers, dust in on my grow medium, and on the lower stems of the plants. It’s good to dust on floors and shelves of your grow room because it kills any critter that tries to move from plant to plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom