When to flip a scrog setup

• Thread starter Nukesrt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractalflowers

fractalflowers

different strains stretch at different rates under 12/12.. if it's your first time growing this strain then I would personally flip them sooner than later to avoid running out of space, as a precaution. one particular strain in my garden will literally stretch from a 12 inch tall plant to a 3-4 foot tall plant throughout the bud cycle, where some others will only add around 12 inches in height. kinda a trial and error thing in my experience. I prune/lollipop before buds set in around the 1-2 week in flower timeframe, in my experience taking branches off once buds have set in on said branch reduces yield, whereas pruning during veg/before buds set in simply redirects that yield to the buds that do form up at the desired canopy level, for lack of better phrasing lol.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

different strains stretch at different rates under 12/12.. if it's your first time growing this strain then I would personally flip them sooner than later to avoid running out of space, as a precaution. one particular strain in my garden will literally stretch from a 12 inch tall plant to a 3-4 foot tall plant throughout the bud cycle, where some others will only add around 12 inches in height. kinda a trial and error thing in my experience. I prune/lollipop before buds set in around the 1-2 week in flower timeframe, in my experience taking branches off once buds have set in on said branch reduces yield, whereas pruning during veg/before buds set in simply redirects that yield to the buds that do form up at the desired canopy level, for lack of better phrasing lol.
Thats what I figured as well lol good thing i flipped last night, ill update weekly 💪🏼 thanks bro

FE0104B1 71CD 421C 93FF 4B72B4CB7F49
Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I’m watching this because I’ll be starting my 2nd grow soon with a scrog setup
this is my first grow in general and also my first scrog.. hope you learn from my fuck ups lol but anyway, adjusted screen to smaller squares since it is easier to hold it down rather than the larger squares and also did some tucking today since its supposed to stretch soon.. i also included a picture so you can see how low my setup is

0088A2B2 8365 47E2 A849 EBFFFAA5C67E
56EDE5BB C096 4EC1 B9A1 C9771076D5C7
growsince79

growsince79

this is my first grow in general and also my first scrog.. hope you learn from my fuck ups lol but anyway, adjusted screen to smaller squares since it is easier to hold it down rather than the larger squares and also did some tucking today since its supposed to stretch soon.. i also included a picture so you can see how low my setup is
I've never seen a scrog so low. How are you gonna water in another month?

dire wolf

dire wolf

First off, right term is branches. They will be colas eventually. (sorry, couldn't resist). Second, your netting is much too large. Chicken wire size, about 2x2 is best. Pl..ants look pretty good. Weave the branches into the net. Under and over, under and over. Lot of good tutorials out there. When the net is about 80% full, go ahead and flip them. It's a longer veg, but well worth it. You will have different branch diameters, but all about the same height. Keep weaving until about 10 days in flower. Go underneath the net and take off every leaf, every branch that didn't make it through the net.
About 4 weeks into flower, trim the bottom third of the branches above the net. Like lollypopping, but not quite as radical. Good airflow over and under the net. Now watch them turn into colas. The first time, you'll wonder why you did it any other way. In a 7x7 tent, with 8 plants I produced 50 oz in 13 weeks in hydro. First scrog with 6 plants I produced almost twice that in 17 weeks. You do the math.
Good luck
RR1
👍🏼☝🏼

dire wolf

dire wolf

My current grow im aiming for 8 to 12 main colas also. I made my screen huge on my last grow and it was hard work keeping it tidy. I averaged 6 oz a plant which was nice but there were loads of small heads. Im convinced I would have yielded just as much with a smaller canopy and more focus on 'X' amount of heads. So that's what I'm doing this time. Looking at yours I'd definately give them a few more weeks to fill out a bit. Theres a lot of wasted space. You've trained them nicely though
👍🏼☝🏼

dire wolf

dire wolf

By letting the plant veg longer you will be able to flower the growing lower branches the develope
The idea is to take advantage of the vertical growth that will now become horizontal / verticals growth , with less side stock to take advantage of you will only be flowering the few tops that you now have .....
Scrog is about creating a horizontal plant , but you need a substantial plant to take advantage of that angle .......

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey nuk , yea , your going to be ok , I just like to really fill up the screen and I find a little longer veg time than most would do is my preference
Did you start flower ?
If so , just keep tucking as the plant shoots ....just be gentle

dire wolf

dire wolf

I like the green wire you're using for added training
You can use that if some shoots get unruly

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Hey nuk , yea , your going to be ok , I just like to really fill up the screen and I find a little longer veg time than most would do is my preference
Did you start flower ?
If so , just keep tucking as the plant shoots ....just be gentle
theyve been in vegging for about 9 weeks, in all honesty biggest reason why i flipped was because they were starting to all show pre flower and are not autos nor any trait of autos.. figured if theyre showing sex its perfect time to flip. yepp, today is day 2.. going to feed tomorrow 💪🏼 the way theyve been trained they have been grown horizontal their whole life

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I like the green wire you're using for added training
You can use that if some shoots get unruly
believe it or not thats network cable 🤣 cant really see all of them but about 16 stems are tied down .. this is an old picture same technique

59392B46 B55D 4739 B851 0BD691593D8F
Top Bottom