Where did all the psychedelic strains go?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green punk

green punk

Is that the same Jack that "Garden Mother Herbs" ran? If so I love it!

Not sure, I got it from a buddy who had it since 07. I believe the person who ran the seed and selection was west of town, and gifted to him then me and from me to a few others.

N

nightmarecreature

I recieved my cut yesterday. I opted to go with a 10 inch clone instead of a mom because my room won't be setup properly till July. I'm kinda glad I did, the cut has tiny green caterpillars, I'm not sure if they are leaf miners. I'm hitting all my clones with AVID and then spray them with BT. I don't use AVID after the clone stage. It seems no matter where I go, clones always come with some surprise. I'm still happy as hell to recieve this cut. I can't complain about a high yielding psychedelic strain.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Seeds just take alot of time to sort out. The problem with clones is that you dont know what you actually have until it's grown out.

If you get it from someone reputable you know what you got before you grow the clone. With seeds you need to wait 6 months before you know what you have.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Seeds just take alot of time to sort out. The problem with clones is that you dont know what you actually have until it's grown out.

Only if you don't talk to the person you got the cut from! If it's for my garden, I'm not getting anything I don't know personally. That means I saw it run out in a garden somewhere and that's what made me want it in the first place. That's the whole attraction of getting clones to me- the month savings between clones and seeds to finished product is just a bonus.

N

nightmarecreature

Only if you don't talk to the person you got the cut from! If it's for my garden, I'm not getting anything I don't know personally. That means I saw it run out in a garden somewhere and that's what made me want it in the first place. That's the whole attraction of getting clones to me- the month savings between clones and seeds to finished product is just a bonus.

True. One of two things usually happens with clones. Most of the time when I smoke something good, the grower tells me the cut is on lock lol. Then other times, I hear how bomb this so called cut is, and when I smoke it I'm completely disappointed.

fractal

fractal

Why cross it to anything? You just outline the reason why modern weed is gettin less desirable and boring in your eyes. Then you say you want to cross it to the exact stuff you are bored w. Sounds like to me you found something very special. Skunk#1 is one of my all time favs.

Seriously, why fuck with a perfect recipe? No offense, but doing things like this why pot is so much different now and less psychoactive because of things like selfing and outcrossing! Just run the clone, you are only going to dilute the effects by crossing to a modern polyhybrid generic strain. Hit it with a pure Neville's Haze male if you want a shot at keeping the psychoactive qualities intact. That Neville's is some crazy shit and definitely will have you tripping with the right pick from a pack of seeds! I LOVE that wigging-out, confused, heart-racing effect from some good Neville's. Especially with strong coffee. Try smoking up a joint of Haze to your dome, 3 or 5 shots of espresso, and then lose your keys in the morning when you have to be somewhere soon. . . Haze-ification at its best!! I love that shit.

Sounds interesting what you have there. You say it is indica dominant but still has the trippiness going for it? Very cool. I love that headfuck Haze but would definitely be a fan of something that kept the trippiness and did not effect my heart rate so much. Trippy=hell yes, Anxiety=I got too much of that already without smoking.

fractal

fractal

If you want to trip, you need to get your hands on the Black Haze clone. And I agree with GP.

Oh god man I managed to get a clone of the Black Haze a few years back. Right before TSHTF and I had to ditch all my mother plants and move out of state and sell my grow gear. Never even got to try it! And it is like the hardest strain to get, hands down. Fuck!!!

N

nightmarecreature

I don't care for hazes. This one is nice because it's Indica dominate, by the looks of the leaves not by much. It doesn't make your heart race, which is cool. The yield is big but it needs more in the potency department. It also creeps and isn't that instant OG smack to the face we are all use to. I would breed it to increase the potency but only if I could find a keeper that retained the mothers psychoactive effects.

The reason pot is less psychoactive today is because people chose to breed it that way. The reason it's more of a clear headed high is because people chose off spring that were clear headed highs. There are plenty of landrace strains around today, to do what I want. There are also confusing and unclear headed high hybrid strains around although rare. I happen to love confusing and cloudy highs but I don't like the heart racing sativa effects that come with them. I have a heart condition and my heart races on it's own often. I want to take some malawi gold and cross that to the dankest smallest yielding strain I can find. Then I will keep all the confusing and psychoactive offspring.

I would be game to try out the Black Haze, if I could ever get ahold of it.

N

nightmarecreature

I just did some reading on that Black Haze. That thing sounds like another old school bomb cut. Damn it! Now I have to go hunting for it. I would really love to find a cut of it.

N

nightmarecreature

I got off my lazy butt and finally post a picture of her. I'm going to make a mother out of her. I will post some pics up when I flower out the clones. This strain grows fast and yields well! This particular strain does not like nutes. I have been feeding it along side a couple different og's and it likes lower nutes.
IMG 1276

fractal

fractal

I just did some reading on that Black Haze. That thing sounds like another old school bomb cut. Damn it! Now I have to go hunting for it. I would really love to find a cut of it.

You and me both ! That one is about the hardest to find cut there is. Supposed to be a real haze bros. plant dated back to 1969. The cubans rock it almost exclusively in florida because it will do 1-2 pounds per plant and quality is high. I wish I had got to try it before I lost it.

N

nightmarecreature

You and me both ! That one is about the hardest to find cut there is. Supposed to be a real haze bros. plant dated back to 1969. The cubans rock it almost exclusively in florida because it will do 1-2 pounds per plant and quality is high. I wish I had got to try it before I lost it.

That sucks dude! I want to get this cut out to the public. Only a handful of people have this cut and what makes it harder is that this cut never had a name. Clones of this don't get passed around, it just sits in hippyville and gets revegged every year. The buds get around but it's pretty much exclusive to Humboldt. This cut is not near as strong as say the Fire og but the trippy effects and yield make it a keeper. It's a strange cut because not only does it make you trip, it gives you a FEELING. It's hard to explain. I'll make S1's of it and give them away but not till my second harvest.

mr_rodzilla

mr_rodzilla

Hey brother ---- Im currently running a World of Seeds NL x Skunk#1 --- just found out that another favorite of mine Serious seeds Chronic is this same cross with different plants. My NL x Skunk cross is about 30 days from seed and rocking! Keep the good work up and i'll be lurking in the back watching your success!

Top Bottom