Where did all the psychedelic strains go?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Quicksilver6

Well those rare cuts without restrictions anyways.
I know this is an old thread but have you thought about crossing that un named plant with the LSD strain? And have you ever heard of brainwreck its a train wreck cross that I had 4 years ago from Boise,ID it had me tripping balls but nobody could tell me the cross and I can't find it anywhere

B

budfarmer

The real psychedelic strains are Thai, Cambodian, vietnamese types unfortunately because of the extremely long flower cycle nobody grows the stuff. I started smoking before there was any domestic production of weed all weed was smuggled I wish somebody would start smuggling Thai again it's just plain fuckin awesome. Also I heard that the U.S. got involved way back when and had the Thai government go on an extermination rampage so the good stuff is lost, Neville Shoemaker is big into the trippy psychedelic strains but look at the flower cycle times ! over 6 months in many cases !

N

nightmarecreature

I replaced the HH cut with the Arcata Trainwreck. The ATW is a badass to say the least, shockingly good! Its real easy to grow and not finicky at all. It puts out big frosty yields and I couldnt be happier.

In Socal, if its not OG it doesnt get any love. I will say this, the stem on the ATW is so sticky its like a flytrap even in veg. Its by far the stickiest plant I have, just coated in sap. The buds will burn your nose, thats something OGs wont do.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

20141127 122751
20141127 123142
20141109 130853
20141109 125320
Arcata trainwreck

N

nightmarecreature

Killer!

I cant believe that cut was floating around SoCal. Just because of $ this cut just gets no love. I mean OG is king but sometimes I like something different. I just want to sit back and think about weird shit on ATW.

slausongardens

slausongardens

i was growing a few real deal sativas before i went away and never got a chance to sample them.. i really wish i could have.. i had JJ's nigerian haze going and a few others.. maybe ill pop a few soon so i can have a real psycho active strain to smoke on. thats the only way to get a real deal sativa is to grow it yourself cuz nobody else is growing them.

i wanna run cannarados vietnam black x aliendawg.. i had a few of those going too before i left, trying to find a male... i think ima try again

lurrabq

lurrabq

Niiiice! That's the kind of pheno I like to bag when I go hunting... and not to bring up a sore point from another thread, but clones from a proven pheno of a top strain are well worth the money, imho. I'd pay a lot more for the right clone than for a handful of seeds.
I have some 16 year old seeds of a sativa my neighbor grew that crossed with two of mine, which were an older version of NL, and a thai. One of those will get your heart pounding, and very 'airheaded', maybe not so much trippy, but great daytime smoke.

Luna Love

Luna Love

weed is stronger and more psychadelic than ever IMO...maybe you built a tolerance?

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

Old Betsy is one i will never forget. i fell asleep, woke up 2 hours later and had to take a dump, during that dump i was still high as fuck. and when i went to go watch tv i couldnt understand what the tv was saying. all i heard was "asdijaosidjaosijdaoijdas asd adsda" i couldnt understand shit. I was very noob at the time, and that was about 7 years ago. i doubt i'd get that again, but i mean. damn. lol.

slausongardens

slausongardens

i really hope pure sativas get trendy soon.. i'd be more then willing to pay $70 an 1/8th because i understand how much time and work went into making them.. the reason its so hard to find some pure sativa cuz its not economical to grow a strain that has a 16 week flower and people arent even interested in anyway.. easier to grow some og kush that has a 9 week flower and u can get top price for.

but i am banking on the pure sativa trend coming around and when it does im gonna hit the game with some columbian gold x lambsbread, nigerian haze, big sur holy weed and probably some of snowhighs gems ive got stored away for the right time. i was just looking at all the pure sativas i have and i wish it was worth it for me to play with them. i really hope theres something gnarly in these mulanje gold beans i have but theyre so freakin wild its hard to go through them.

that asian fantasy has always interested me.. is it a pure sativa?? looks kinda like a hybrid.. hopefully it gets released soon.

Myco

Myco

Arcata Trainwreck is one of my all-time favorites, the aroma/taste/high profile is one of a kind IMO. I've came across similar, but never anything truly like the real deal.

Used to get ATW flowers in abundance that came up from norcal like.... a decade ago, never really got much of a tolerance or sick of it...

I'd do dehumanizing things to get my hands on a real cut someday. I stay positive lol.

As far as trippy strains go, BOG's re-release of his LSD is a nice line. When I first sampled the girl I kept, I had that thought/heart racing buzz and was up all night.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Arcata Trainwreck is one of my all-time favorites, the aroma/taste/high profile is one of a kind IMO. I've came across similar, but never anything truly like the real deal.

Used to get ATW flowers in abundance that came up from norcal like.... a decade ago, never really got much of a tolerance or sick of it...

I'd do dehumanizing things to get my hands on a real cut someday. I stay positive lol.

As far as trippy strains go, BOG's re-release of his LSD is a nice line. When I first sampled the girl I kept, I had that thought/heart racing buzz and was up all night.
I have to totally agree with you about the Arcata trainwreck she is one special lady that will always stay in my garden!

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Um guys- EVERYTHING originated as a land race. The only difference is how many crosses ago that was.

Northern lights x skunk #1 is what I ran when I was in my early 20s, and I loved it! I think I want that cross back in my stable, in fact. Anybody in Colorado has a good pheno, let me know!
Good OL Northern light. I have some beans. They could be legit they could not be. But they stare me in the eyes when I look for something to pop next. I believe I was on way to many gel caps to know if it was the weed back in the day or not. I'd like to try a solid psychedelic strain just to see what you mean creature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom