Where do you get accurate genetics?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What are you searching for exactly? Just high THCv? or are you just into the whole testing aspect? I have to get over to your thread it seems. Some pretty interesting stuff going on here for sure with your testing.
Well, that really is the right question.

The short version is I have 2 general needs. My primary focus is in treating my wife. That is not a THCv thing. I'm not gonna blabber on but that is a science all it's own. She has multiple issues and is currently on chemotherapy. We have chosen primarily concentrated forms that allow for her to adjust individual components, meaning cannabinoids and terpenes. She is pretty much covered when I grow a well rounded plant.

For me, I got surprisingly healthy in a short period of time when I had Durban Poison in the jar. There is a lot to it, but I lost 50 pounds over 3 months and other positive things like knee pain gone. That was a pheonotype I no longer have access to, and it was so early on in my journey I did not have any testing done out of ignorance. I thought every seed I got from the same source called the same thing would be, well, the same. Hard no.

I've been searching for a replacement ever since. Right now I have Afghan, Jack the Ripper, Durban Poison, and one other I can't think of in flower in my LED tent. While I'm hoping for the best, the realist in me has backup plans in the works. I also have THC Victory in Veg.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Divine Seeds looks great too, but they're not shy about keeping some of their "geographic information" a secret 🤷‍♂️

New420GuySeeds has a great landrace selection. Even has Pibeurt, i had to google that 😄 lol

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Divine Seeds looks great too, but they're not shy about keeping some of their "geographic information" a secret 🤷‍♂️

New420GuySeeds has a great landrace selection. Even has Pibeurt, i had to google that 😄 lol
Real Pieburt comes from Denmark. Not a landrace but close to it. A guy here in Alaska actually got it to finish outdoors here in a hoop house at the end.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So here is some of the stuff I have in the wings waiting for a spot.

Seeds

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ace has the goods. All the African and Asian strains are good candidates for high THCV. How are you analyzing your test plants?
I use TLC - Thin Layer Chromatography.

Something special pops up, she goes to the lab too.

R

redshift75

@redshift75 if you don't mind me asking, what do you do? I don't know that I have met any industry insiders willing to talk.
I do the same thing I do on the forum I talk to people about what they do and use my skills to help them with their projects and have been blessed to meet great people in my time. And I farm. I farm now. Consider me somewhat retired in that I don't have to work 100% of the time helping others all the time and can sit back and relax and work a nice farm over. My hobby is building things. I build and design all sorts of things that are way over-engineered. I'm trying to go back to college as well as an old person for a cannabis chemistry degree. I mostly love to learn and help others. But I don't know if id have enough time and probably take me 9 years to finish having to do most of the degree part-time trying to run my small farm growing produce to give to the hungry. I'm going to try it either way. I'm just a random person fortunate enough to finally be able to do it on my own. I didn't think I could do it on my own, But I'm making it work.

Partly why I'm at where I'm at. I don't like to think I do anything but help people reach their full genetic potential 😂😂😂😂😂😂 who are kind enough to pay me for my help time and again. Yesterday I was an engineer, today I'm a farmer, tonight ill be a stoner, Tomorrow is a mystery even to myself! Now I mess with genetics hoping to grow weed in snow. I'm getting pretty close. I can successfully grow bud in 40 degrees F. IDK If it's successful to anyone else. But for me I love it!

That's about all I can say as I enjoy my anonymity due to the stigma of cannabis and the fact I do lots of community stuff for those in need, I just enjoy sharing my knowledge on thcfarmer (not that I'm any person special), but I don't care to be anyone special is my point. I'm just a random person who existed in the moment of sharing whatever is shared. Nothing more.

as far as the industry thing goes it's because I'm not in the industry. Don't want to be but that doesn't mean i won't help those that do, do what they want to do. You can consider me a cannabis researcher that embraces self-testing like many of my fellow thcfarmers 😎.

So I guess if I have to one line it "I'm just a dude who feels blessed to exist & that's what I do just exist". until I get that cannabis degree I still have to stay in the closet proverbial on some level(again cause of that dang stigma around cannabis). Because my circle won't consider it legit until you have a business reason for the degree. Not apply your knowledge to the field of DRUGS! much love

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I have just started down this path too. My first fem seed test using SPS is running in my LED flower tent right now.

I got a bunch of landrace stuff, and I converted my mom tent into a dad tent.

It just takes sooo long for this process to play out, so I am always looking for a short cut. A new source for known X genetics sure would go a long way from minimizing the pheno hunt.

I guess my biggest problem is that in my world THC is a minor cannabinoid, I want all the others to become prominent. I'm so far outside the norm with that - everybody seems to breed for the THC spike for commercial reasons, my job is just that much harder.

I've painted myself into a corner and I'm just gonna have to make my own even if it takes years. That's cool, just need to chill and it will happen eventually or I'll learn a lot in the process.
Well, I've posted these before (not the seedling though), as I'm proud of my work, took a few years off to raise mu kids, but I'm ITCHING to get back to it.
1st let me post a pic of a fan from my Sativa/Haze. I'll also post a pic of the strain from its 3rd node as a seedling. By the 3rd node the fan leaves are already larger than my hand. Rather than the typical 1, 3, 5, 7, 9......This strain grows 1, 3, 7, 11.....It yields massive, stinks of BB, and super easy to trim (that is extremely important to me)
If you.look at the harvested stalk, you'll see it grows so quickly, it develops noticeable stretch marks. It must be flipped within a week of the clone, or ya need taller ceilings (in general) I've seen her stretch from 6-8 inches to 6+ feet the 1st 3 weeks of flower.
For reference I'm 6'4, and my hands are just short of 10 inches. Yeah, they were measured.
The sativa/Haze seedlings
I honestly believe I tapped into something Prehistoric (so that's what I call it)
The "Prehistoric" tested at 25.16 in 2012, and I had to take it a week early. In 2012 it would have placed 2nd as the "World's Strongest strain" *according to HT's fwiw. I'd like to test her again, but after proper flower time.
If interested, I'll list its genetic lineage.
I didn't get into the Indica, Pink, or others.
20130531 182341 resized 1
20131115 023108 resized
20180718 230718

20130606 212442 resized 1

Eskander

Eskander

So here is some of the stuff I have in the wings waiting for a spot.

View attachment 1116411
Maybe it is time to play with colchicine. You could take a flavor that has promise, treat multiple apexes per plant and let them go to flower. Grab a clone from each when you move them to flower so you can go back to them. Going to mean testing per branches output but you can conceivably make dozens on new genetic outcomes in a single run.

-Eskander

thcoso

thcoso

I tried purple city genetics in Oakland in April for the first time. I spent a couple of months researching trying to find something that not only the funk but from highly stable parents. After lots of thought, I picked Headhunter and 14 Bombers which were both canna cup finalists with HH taking the title once. Then, at the last moment, my wife saw a breakfast cereal where a pack of seeds were hanging and decided that she was gonna buy a fem seed pack of Lemon Berry Crisp ( not a canna cup entry but is derived from grandparent plants who were canna cup winners.

H

hawkman

I've found DC Seed Exchange to be reliable. DJ Short genetics came in hologram sealed pouch and they're looking and smelling perfect!
also WeedGuardianFamilyTree is another DCSE is very good bank alway growing also many grow fourms members offer "testers" to site members which is a good thing check out Freak Genetics at DCSE (PM me for some sites that members offer testers) But I do remember getting some tester from this site some time ago believe it was Baked Beans gear

H

hawkman

Stay away from the commercial/money sources for seeds. You will only find what you seek with the home/grower/breeders with old genetics.
There’s a reason why we exist. If you go to a “commercial (dispensary)” you will find weed I wouldn’t even let my dog eat the leaves from.
The commercial growers are looking for fast growing strains that have been mulled over for years and years.
genetics that you seek are extremely rare.
You will have a very difficult time finding what you seek. It will take many years for this 1 genetic to surface.
I have been looking for many years and still have not found what I seek, we still have hope though:)
that's why cultivators sites are important - gives one information on breeders, strains, ect

Eskander

Eskander

I tried purple city genetics in Oakland in April for the first time. I spent a couple of months researching trying to find something that not only the funk but from highly stable parents. After lots of thought, I picked Headhunter and 14 Bombers which were both canna cup finalists with HH taking the title once. Then, at the last moment, my wife saw a breakfast cereal where a pack of seeds were hanging and decided that she was gonna buy a fem seed pack of Lemon Berry Crisp ( not a canna cup entry but is derived from grandparent plants who were canna cup winners.
No matter how stable the parents of a cross are, you are still going to get genotypic variation in the seeds they produce based upon chromosomal rearrangement. Getting good stock seeds to start you on a pheno hunt is wise but the stability of the parents that go into a cross is meaningless if the endpoint is a mother plant for clones regardless.

-Eskander

thcoso

thcoso

No matter how stable the parents of a cross are, you are still going to get genotypic variation in the seeds they produce based upon chromosomal rearrangement. Getting good stock seeds to start you on a pheno hunt is wise but the stability of the parents that go into a cross is meaningless if the endpoint is a mother plant for clones regardless.

-Eskander
Here is the headhunter just cut and trimmed 20 min ago. This is the 3rd gen clone with 4th gen 3weeks in flower and 5th gen in 24/24 and 6 gen about to be in the clones. This generation i I crushed. 3rd time so her unique nute needs I had prepared. She was happy the entire time.
E3BC4B97 34A8 4ECC 9058 30D94F845956
0D179494 C272 4B24 A5CC 0B544A71C926
D6997F94 9566 4D6A B8E5 8DCE19C18D63
E7CCA6FF 67DE 4AAC 91BF B97CEC6DC55A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom