Where do you throw out your garbage?

• Thread starter PureSugar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PureSugar

I'm wondering how do you guys/gals throw out grow related trash? I'm guessing most don't just toss plant carcasses, boxes that say GROW LIGHTS, used growing medium etc, out with your regular trash?

D

DoubleDub

yeah can be thrown out with regular trash but hide it and be careful. Sometimes we find dumpsters if we really have to but theres risk with that too. That's a good question tho. What does everyone else do?

friction

friction

all my plant matter goes into a compost in my garden, boxes, once the labels are taken of can be reused or disgarded, any other stuff can go in the trash as long as its hidden and there isnt any other things in the bag that can be related to you or your address etc you should be fine.

fatboi79

fatboi79

I'm wondering how do you guys/gals throw out grow related trash? I'm guessing most don't just toss plant carcasses, boxes that say GROW LIGHTS, used growing medium etc, out with your regular trash?

Whats up Pure Sugar, when i started my first grow i wondered the same thing! I throw my grow related trash in 2 or 3 different dumpsters at apartment complexes at least 4 or 5 miles away from my house. I put all of my plant matter(fan leaves, stems) in a black trash with NOTHING else and i mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN ELSE IN THE BAG!!!! All my nute bottles,grow light box,bulb box,ballast box and any other grow material goes in a seperate black bag(i tear all of the proof of purchase labels (barcodes)off of everything so it cant be traced)i doubt if found that there would be an investigation but if for sum slim chance it was they have nothin to trace!!!!! Hope this is a help to you,GOODLUCK & SMOKE TILL U CHOKE!!!

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I recycle everything..we have a yard waste container that my stems go in with branches from trees grass clippings..ect,,ect..we also have a plastic/paper/foil container all my bags and nute containers go in this..I reuse the soil and the root matter is tossed in the green belt out back along with trashleaf. Just my thaughts

take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Be very creful with apatments dumbsters. Their is a ton of people at these places and eventually I feel like it will catch up to you. Having lived next to the dumbster at a place like this really showed me how many people are watching the trash. Not suspecting a grow. but for many other reasons. This is why I seperate all medium from plant matter and all other bottles etc. seperate as well. I can toss them out accordingly. Trash goes in dump. Soil dumped on undeveloped property. I bury the plant matter so it can't be seen. Take a bag of leaves with you to throw over it to camoflauge it.

Don't leave plastic bags and a mess or you asking for trouble. Be respectful of the land and others and they will care a lot less about your trash.
:angel

D

Donk Frog

Burn it....wood stove........
for nutrient bottles and glass/metal stuff-conceal well do dump run

P

PureSugar

Be very creful with apatments dumbsters. Their is a ton of people at these places and eventually I feel like it will catch up to you. Having lived next to the dumbster at a place like this really showed me how many people are watching the trash. Not suspecting a grow. but for many other reasons.

I'm actually in an industrial area and most of the dumpsters in the area are locked to keep other people from throwing shit out in their dumpsters. Also the ones that aren't locked are throughly "inspected" by the large homeless population in the neighborhood. Even though I'm legal I don't want the "neighbors" to know something is going on in the area.

So ya Fred, I get what you mean about "how many people are watching the trash."

This is why I seperate all medium from plant matter and all other bottles etc. seperate as well. I can toss them out accordingly. Trash goes in dump. Soil dumped on undeveloped property. I bury the plant matter so it can't be seen. Take a bag of leaves with you to throw over it to camoflauge it.

Maybe I'm just overly paranoid but nowadays with every company having security cams, I feel like it's better to find a residential neighborhood so you're not on cam unloading a truck of cannatrash.

Don't leave plastic bags and a mess or you asking for trouble. Be respectful of the land and others and they will care a lot less about your trash.
:angel

Now that I'm thinking about it... I think I'm gonna find a used trash compactor and I think the overall volume can be reduced significantly, making it easier to camoflauge. I could probably turn 8 or more trash bags of dead leaf and stem into 1 bag.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I visit apartment dumpsters quite often:):) Really anywhere I see a nice garbage can.. I dont let it build up>>>Only time it builds up and is bulk is when harvest time comes and that shit still goes to apt dumpsters:giggles>>>Fuck spending money on the dump.

gtd

fatboi79

fatboi79

I visit apartment dumpsters quite often:):) Really anywhere I see a nice garbage can.. I dont let it build up>>>Only time it builds up and is bulk is when harvest time comes and that shit still goes to apt dumpsters:giggles>>>Fuck spending money on the dump.

gtd

U took the words rite of my mouth Greenthumb!!!!!!!!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
i live real close to a state forest so all my trash goes into one of many dumpsters they have, i put all of the grow garbage in their own bags without any of my personal garbage and distribute as necessary. i used to use the dumpsters of busineses, kroger, k-mart, etc. because the dumpsters at apt. bidgs. are under constant observation by who knows.

mal

Z

zipflip

good thread topic imo.

i always tear off all shippin labels off all boxes and watever sticker labels, as well as bar codes etc and for the most part liek my ballast box and fan boxes etc i keep them in storage room inside other boxes within other boxes if able to fit. this way i have the perfect fit box if, say i ever need to take down the grow and want to neatly pack aways my equipment for future use. vs just slammin into boxes and proly gettin broke.
sumer time i just mix my plant matter in with lawn clippings and leaves etc i rake up and take to the local compost dump. ive also just rode over a small pile wit the mower a few times and called it good and let be in the yard. aint no way anyone gonna be able to tell unless ya blow thru a piel of MJ plant debris half the size or better of ya mower. granted i think taht would be fun. hehehe
but ow its winter i just been takin this old wooden box and been dumpin my leaves and stems etc in there and just tamp it down every now an then.
i kinda got liek this crazy brick mad eof nothin but stems and leaves an junk.
maybe take it out campin this summer and throw it on the fire or somethin.
but like paper reciepts and misc. boxes i just cut down and save in the burn box til winter and burn in wood burner. i dont accumulate much for grow waste really so...

M

mrdizzle

dump run, but never go to the one in SF or bring a change of pants. they literally go through every bag of trash, its crazy i had about 3 grows worth of rockwool, leaves ect you name it, Im tossing it out and maybe on my 2nd bag or 15 and two seconds later I hear "wheres the good stuff" followed by " you gotta be careful dumping that stuff here". haha black contractor bags, dudes must have seen kids in rented white vans before, luckily it was a brother so i knew he wouldnt snitch.

M

mrdizzle

also dumping at apartments is a baaaad idea. my family owns alot of apartments and we catch people all the time, the tenants are on the lookout because people do it all the time then they have no where to throw out their shit. in every complex there is 15% looney's that only source of pleasure is spying on everything and everyone, the last thing you want is two hours after you make a trip to an apartment complex is get a knock on your door with the cops and all your trash waiting outside. I have literally caught 100 people easy, none growers just dirtballs

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
In the end there is no way to tell one trash bag from another in a dumpster. I would shy away from grocery stores and chain businesses as they usually have security cameras. Just dump it at a normal time of the day at a dumpster and you will be fine. Don't want to be the guy on some film dumping 5 trash bags heavy as hell at 3 am in a dumpster.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

In my rural setting I burn whatever I can. For the plant material I will pick a breezy night after the neighbors go to bed. We all have wood stoves so it would be tough to tell where that wonderful smell is coming from. Then it is off to the dump to the recycle what can't be burnt. At this dump there is no charge for recycling, just drive up and into the appropriate dumpster it goes. So far so good

M

mrdizzle

In the end there is no way to tell one trash bag from another in a dumpster. I would shy away from grocery stores and chain businesses as they usually have security cameras. Just dump it at a normal time of the day at a dumpster and you will be fine. Don't want to be the guy on some film dumping 5 trash bags heavy as hell at 3 am in a dumpster.

do what you like, but 30seconds after you dump illegally in a apartment trash can, and the tenant walks out and pulls out your trash sitting right on top, right after he wrote dont your license plate, all the while he/she is on the phone with the cops, you can explain to the cops that all trash bags are the same. most landlords give tenants moeny to catch people, we give $50 bucks and have caught probablly 100 people, and if they were growing, they would have been busted 100%

dumping illegally is like fucking a chick with a condom on and taking it off right as your about to nutt, why be so safe the whole grow then risk it all to save $24 at the dump

D

Donk Frog

"dumping illegally is like fucking a chick with a condom on and taking it off right as your about to nutt"-------
LMFAO

S

spinkus

In my neighborhood our trash trucks have one of those automatic arms that grab the big ass can and dumps it into the back of the truck, the "trashman" never gets out of the truck.

So I just double bag everything with those black forceflex trashbags and put it in my trashcan the night before. Been doing it this way for over 4 years now with no problems.

I'd be too paranoid driving around with a bunch of grow waste in my truck.

T

Thallamus

I compost plant matter, shredded cardboard and papers, then take all plastics and metals to the local recycler. I'm not as worried as most because I go to quite a few park/ocean clean up events and the recycler knows that. There are times I even get cash back for my "trash", lol.
I have always followed the mantra and only devious people dispose trash in devious ways. If you look like you are up to no good....then you attract attention. Blend in and get rid of your waste the right way.
-T

Top Bottom