Where To Get Good Deals On Equipment?

• Thread starter Trucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trucker

Trucker

I have been searching all over and when I think I find good prices the shipping is outrageous.
What are some good reliable sites for ordering equipment?
I am about to start ordering all my equipment for my first grow ever and just having a hard time with it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

B

bedo

Try 1000bulbs.com Also, Amazon.
Stay away from plantlightinghydroponics.com they used to be good but are a scam as long as they're still out there now.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I use HTG supply, they have quite a few locations around the country if one happens to be near you. Service has been good with minimal amounts of them trying to sell me AN products or whatever. Some of their store branded equipment is kinda low quality, had an inline duct fan from them that was assembled backwards, but the prices are great and I find them to be not douches when I go to the store. The website actually has a lot of stuff listed with acceptable descriptions instead of just directing you to manufacturers websites/catalogs. I started going to their retail location once I was close enough due to liking their website.

1000bulbs is good as well. Home Depot and Lowes have lots of stuff, maybe just ship to store or whatever if the one near you doesn't have what you need. Holy shit...look at the bucket setup: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Viagrow-Hydroponic-Black-Bucket-Deep-Water-System-4-Pack-V4DWC/203124374

Trucker

Trucker

This what I am looking at and I'm sure I am forgetting a lot and not even sure if what I have selected so far is good or not. Any suggestions on other items or ones that you would change for a different type?
This is what it looks like if I order everything through Amazon.
All prices are per item:

Hydrofarm Phantom CMh Reflector, Ballast & Bulb kit with 4200k bulb: 399.99 free shipping (ordering 2)

Philips 315w 98v T12 Clear PGZX18 Mastercolor CDM-T Elite Agro HID Light Bulb 3100k: 98.99+4.99 shipping (ordering2)

Can Fan Pro Series 863 CFM Max Fan, 8": 177.69 free shipping (ordering 1)

Phresh Skinny 10 in x 35 in 650 CFM: 85.25+19.75 shipping (ordering 1)

Ideal-Air 736212 Duct Reducer, 10-8": 12.95 free shipping (ordering 1)

Ideal-Air 736384 Screened Wall Vent, 8": 28.86 free shipping (ordering 1)

C.A.P. (Custom Automated Products) CAART-DNE Adjustable Recycling Timer: 75.99 free shipping (ordering 1)

CAP VSC-DNe Day/Night Variable Speed Fan Controller: 67.96 free shipping (ordering 1)

P3 P4330 Kill A Watt Ps 10 Surge Protector: 67.39 free shipping (ordering 1)

AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor: 11.65 free shipping (ordering 1)

Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/ Improved Metal Internal Gears: 7.89 free shipping (ordering 2 sets)

Ideal-Air 904162 Flex Duct Tape, 120 yd., Silver: 16.00 free shipping (ordering 1)

Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest Soil, Smart Naturals, 1.5 cubic feet (38.6 dry qts): 24.37 free shipping (ordering 6)

FoxFarm Salamander Soil Potting Mix, 1.5 cu. ft. : 33.01 free shipping (ordering 1)

Hydrofarm GMPER100L 100-Liter Super Coarse Perlite: 30.02 free shipping (ordering 1)

Unco Industries Wiggle Worm Soil Builder Earthworm Castings Organic Fertilizer, 15-Pound: 17.66 free shipping (ordering 1)

Smart Pot Soft-Sided Fabric Garden Plant Container Aeration Planter Pots, 3 gallon, 5 Pack, Black: 25.94 free shipping (ordering 3 sets)

So with shipping and all comes out to 1901.94 total for the quantities I want.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Growershouse.com has always had good prices,They will do free fast shipping on larger orders and no sales tax unless your in AZ.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Honestly, seems like you are pretty well set. Not sure if I saw it on there, but you could get a carbon filter to hook up to your fan if smell is a concern, saw you got a can fan, they normally offer combos. Like any construction/building project; I am sure there will be at least one more order/trip to the hardware store.

You may need some extra AC for the space.

Big high five for doing it up proper on the first attempt...make sure you have the headroom for the CMH, I am not familiar with that one but they generally need to be mounted higher/further away from the plants.

Trucker

Trucker

Growershouse.com has always had good prices,They will do free fast shipping on larger orders and no sales tax unless your in AZ.
I did an item for item list with them and they are 54.00 cheaper but the shipping is 381.00 making it a grand total of 2,199.87 maybe because I'm on the east coast.

Last edited:
Trucker

Trucker

Honestly, seems like you are pretty well set. Not sure if I saw it on there, but you could get a carbon filter to hook up to your fan if smell is a concern, saw you got a can fan, they normally offer combos. Like any construction/building project; I am sure there will be at least one more order/trip to the hardware store.

You may need some extra AC for the space.

Big high five for doing it up proper on the first attempt...make sure you have the headroom for the CMH, I am not familiar with that one but they generally need to be mounted higher/further away from the plants.
Yeah I have the phresh skinny 10"x 35" on there have to keep those odors in check lol. I have 6 foot ceiling where I am setting up at so hope its enough headroom for the lights. From what I have been reading you can be in the area of 20" from canopy but I may be wrong. need to research it a bit more to be sure.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Craigslist homie. Find the failures that are selling their failed attempt at growing.
That's where I get most my stuff.
Most are so broke you can get it for dirt cheap.
I picked up 4 Gavitas for under $600

xavier7995

xavier7995

Craigslist homie. Find the failures that are selling their failed attempt at growing.

But then you have failure germs all over your equipment:puke2:

That is a pretty good idea though. I would be a little sketched out in an illegal state, but if you are ballsy or somewhere legal that would probably be a great place to pick up fancy lights on the cheap.

Trucker

Trucker

Unfortunately its a no go on Craigslist in my area. Being in an unfriendly state the few things you do see on there are idiots selling generic 400watt hid units that at most retail for 150.00 and they are trying to get 1000.00 for them from the idiots that don't know any better smh. But thanks for the tip I'm sure in a lot of areas you can get some great deals on equipment that way.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Unfortunately its a no go on Craigslist in my area. Being in an unfriendly state the few things you do see on there are idiots selling generic 400watt hid units that at most retail for 150.00 and they are trying to get 1000.00 for them from the idiots that don't know any better smh. But thanks for the tip I'm sure in a lot of areas you can get some great deals on equipment that way.
That really sucks.
If you go online shopping, Alot of stores will price match and or give you a deal if you just ask.

Trucker

Trucker

That really sucks.
If you go online shopping, Alot of stores will price match and or give you a deal if you just ask.
Yeah I am about to start ordering everything today so have been price matching all over lol.
Other bad thing is no actual stores anywhere around me so have to order everything online smh.

ken dog

ken dog

Amazon Prime... Free shipping on most items.

You will never find anything cheaper in the store than you will on Amazon Prime... And you don't have to drive to the store to get it.

ken dog

ken dog

With Prime, things get there in one or two days, and did I mention... Shipping is free on most items?

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Amazon Prime... Free shipping on most items.

You will never find anything cheaper in the store than you will on Amazon Prime... And you don't have to drive to the store to get it.
Sooooo not true
Edit: depending on where you live and the retail you have access to I guess, but I almost always get a better deal than amazon...

Trucker

Trucker

Sooooo not true
Edit: depending on where you live and the retail you have access to I guess, but I almost always get a better deal than amazon...
Just unfortunately in my area there is nowhere that carries anything of real use unless I want to make a 1.5 to 2 hour road trip each way and even they don't have much. So I'm stuck with ordering everything online and hope not to run out of things due to the usual 3 to 5 days to receive them from ordering.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Just unfortunately in my area there is nowhere that carries anything of real use unless I want to make a 1.5 to 2 hour road trip each way and even they don't have much. So I'm stuck with ordering everything online and hope not to run out of things due to the usual 3 to 5 days to receive them from ordering.

Just order it 1 piece at a time.
That's how I did it.

I spent a Lil over 6 months buying all my equipment. Hand selecting the best/favorite items 1 by one.

Once you hit the end you'll have a big pile of top notch stuff ready to be put together.

Then after/during assembly you will really find out what you need/don't have yet. The items in question always seem to reveal their need right in the middle of installation. When you find out you don't have it yet/need it lol.

Trucker

Trucker

Just order it 1 piece at a time.
That's how I did it.

I spent a Lil over 6 months buying all my equipment. Hand selecting the best/favorite items 1 by one.

Once you hit the end you'll have a big pile of top notch stuff ready to be put together.

Then after/during assembly you will really find out what you need/don't have yet. The items in question always seem to reveal their need right in the middle of installation. When you find out you don't have it yet/need it lol.
That is very true lol. I am about to place my large start up order tonight then we will see what else I need as I start putting it all together. Its seems I have found everything I am looking for at decent prices just want to be sure I'm not buying junk to start off with and have to rebuy. Mainly things like the controllers and lights. I am fairly confident on just about all my other selections lol.

ken dog

ken dog

Sooooo not true
I'm calling shenanigans... And I'm willing to price check any item you want, starting with the eye hortilux 1000 watt bulb. $139.50

Top Bottom