Where you at Maine growers?

• Thread starter Express512
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicness

organicness

There'll be a Caregiver's Cup at this event, held by MMCM and Cowpasture Productions. Should be super fun.

S

sativaXindica

hi to all my neighbors in maine,
im just to the left of you guys, down by the coast. ill tell you one thing, if my gov. doesnt smarten up a little and listen to all us residents ill probaly be moving the 15 minutes up route 1 to your great state! by the way, who ever had the idea to have a new england c. cup (on the first page of this thread). Great idea, im down!!!

peace and happy 420 to all my neighbors

I'm Down as well.

Peace........

sativaXindica

S

Stonesphere

Whats up my 207 brothers and sisters! jus stoppin in to be accounted for!
some recent happenings in our neighborhood-

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_125th/billtexts/HP095102.asp

Maine had the first public hearings on the East Coast for a bill to tax and regulate recreational marijuana, LD 1453. They were well attended on May10th. Ultimately the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee did not recommend passage, but the bill is still alive. Maine is currently moving ahead with opening the first medical cannabis dispensaries in the state; two have now started operations. A pair of bills, LD750 and LD754, that would expand the state’s existing decriminalization law to allow for up to 5 ounces and/or six plants had hearings. Finally, LD 1296 amended state law to make the cannabis patient registry a volunteer-only requirement to protect patient privacy.

N

ncmaineac

news

seems like little is going on in the state of maine...i am thinking of moving there and the fact that i dont see much in the news is a good thing....seems like things have settled down and the laws are working...

any comments?

E

ECOutlaw

Stay Bangor or South unless you really really like tons of snow and 5 months of brutal winter. Theres a big difference between Bangor and Presque Isle in terms of average temperatures. Northern Maine in the summer is great except the 15 different types of biting bugs that come in swarms as soon as you get anywhere outside of town. You gotta be real tuff to live up there lol. Locals are super nice though but if you come from out of state you will never be a true Mainer. Also border patrol is pretty thick on the I95. They like to do random checkpoints and roving stops. Not a huge problem if you fit in. Northern Maine has its plus's to - snowmobiling and 4x4 trails that go on forever, good people, wide open spaces, and not a lot of cops. Almost everyone grows and most of the small business owners got there starts with grow ops (just what I heard). Not alot of trim up there so bring your own girls lol. Anyway just my 2 cents on moving to Maine. As far as getting in trouble growing you'l be ok there grow laws in general are super lenient.

N

ncmaineac

Ecolaw

thanks for the updates...i grew up in maine...until '72 then was stationed in northern maine while in military...but i will be staying down towards waterville, bangor area...wife will work in bangor probably....

i am retired....was mostly worried about how the feds are doing but seems like maine, like usual, has there shit together about the laws ...and its not like colorado or cali where it seems the laws change often...i understnd colorado as they are new and finding there way...and face it they have lots more peeps...

are you a caregiver...and if so have you had issues finding patients...i will be both a patient and caregiver...seems like if you keep to yourself and do your thing, again typical for maineacs, you will be ok?....so thats the plan...

anything else you would like to ad about the process or anything else would be appreciated...

ps are you going to the big shindig in nov...like a maine cup in augusta i think?

E

ECOutlaw

I'm no longer in Maine. Lived in Northern Maine. I could have been a caregiver but opted out. No real reason to imo with the laws as lenient as they are. Most Mainers are never gonna cooperate with the police when they are only faced with a ticket for possessing up to 2 ozs of marijuana (just steer clear of pill heads). Hard to work they're way up the ladder. I met a a lot of people who sold cannabis for a living or to supplement there livings. Never once heard of a bust that didn't involve pills or heroin. I did not deal with locals though. Kept my product out of state just spent my money there. Good call staying in Waterville thats exactly where I would be if I moved back. Sorry I cant help you with the patient/caregiver thing. For what its worth coming from someone who doesnt live there and never participated in the program, Maine caregiver jobs are one of fastest growing business in Maine. That Dr Sulak has the fastest growing medical practice in all of Maine (100 recs a week!). I read that in a article recently. Id expect other doctors to follow suit and start giving out tons of recommendations. Mainers would not tolerate law enforcement, local or federal, trying to stop that growth. You should be able to etch out a living no problem. Good dank sells itself. Good luck on your endeavors I'm sure you'll do great.

U

UnitedWeStand

Under 99 plants is a misdemeanor and a 2,000 fine correct?

Seems like its best to not go medical, but then how does one receive compensation for their work?? I guess you could ship out of state, is that what people do these days?

If one aquires a MMJ card, can they donate to dispensaries?

Is it worth it to go medical basically..

N

ncmaineac

anyone go to this?

MEETING AT EMPIRE!

Just a reminder that the Caregiver meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 29 at 5:30 pm at the Empire in Portland.

how was it?

thanks

ncm

B

Bluejeans

You gotta be real tuff to live up there lol. Locals are super nice though but if you come from out of state you will never be a true Mainer. Also border patrol is pretty thick on the I95. They like to do random checkpoints and roving stops. Not a huge problem if you fit in.

That does about sum it up real well. I've been in Maine for 11 years, but I'll always be "from away". Of course, if you can't fit in (and if you're not from around here, you really never quite can), then be as sweet and as different as can be. I'm just a gal from Mississippi originally and I can still pull my deep southern accent out when I need it. That coupled with an innocent smile and the picture of my granddaughter on the dashboard, and I could just about have a joint in my hand and walk away smiling.

By the way, Hi. This is my first post and I live near the coast in Maine.

T

TheVenusflytrap

me too man i would love to check that scene out not to mention its beautiful there r u from there or is anyone in this thread plan on moving very soon would like to know more if anyone knows lol much love

N

ncmaineac

if i move back to maine

as i was raised there in waterville/winslow area, can i set up shop (i qualify for mmj) become a caregiver and make a meek living...meek being 20k profit a year?

i really really want to move there and set up shop with a partner...but we will see.....thanks for the info in advance..

ncm

R

rickisonline

meek being 20k profit a year?
ncm

I'd suggest running the numbers to see if it works. Plan on a legal max of 5 patients per year, with a legal max of 60 ounces per. Thus, you are looking at legal maximum capacity as a caregiver of 300 ounces. The variables would be your cost for output and your gain per patient. I think you would be close and realistically, there are an over abundance of caregivers right now. Won't even get in to the ones in it solely for the aforementioned.

But what do I know....I am old hippie.

D

DangerDub

Greater Portland checkin in. Personally I think the state just needs more awareness. We were one of the first states to legalize medical use yet things have not progressed. Most people are just now hearing that the system even exists. More doctors in favor of medicinal cannabis would help immensely. But i think we need more patients utilizing the program, and following the proper guidelines as well. Mainers are scared of change but have very open minds for the most part. Most people will welcome the idea as long as there is no dark stigma attached. What I mean is... we need to keep the system lookin' shaap.

just my two cents.

Top Bottom