Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Who has seen "Moon" with Sam Rockwell? One of the best films I've seen also. Sam is one man show in this film and he does a superb job. Plus the film's premise is way fuckin out there.
Watch it.
I saw it. Very, very stark.

I saw part of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty the other day, and I liked it. Didn't love it, but enjoyed it.

Watched the latest episode of The Knick yesterday, OMFG! Thackery!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
My wife wants me to watch that Walter Mitty movie. She enjoyed it. Gott give that American Hustle a shot too, I really enjoy David O. Russell's films. I heart huckabees is still a personal favorite.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes! Existential detectives? What a concept!

A personal favorite of mine, being all oceany an' shit, is The Life Aquatic: With Steve Zissou. Absolutely adore that movie. Another one I LOVE is The Fifth Element, but now I'm really digressing because that would lead me to A Life Less Ordinary.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
My favorite part of life aquatic was the soundtrack. There's an album by Seu Jorge covering Bowie songs in acoustic Portuguese I listen to often.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
K, finally watched 47 Ronin and I did like it quite a lot. I liked the intermixing of fantasy with reality, bringing the story to another life. Keanu played Keanu, as Keanu always does, but the rest of the cast? Fucking SPECTACULAR as far as I was concerned. But then, I love flicks like this in any event and I enjoy seeing other cultures' methods of storytelling.

The Knick is almost getting out of hand and I think I just saw the season finale without realizing it. D'oh!

Homeland is REALLY ramping up. And yes, I know these aren't movies, but they're still awesome.

What else have I watched? Watched American Hustle from the start, it, too, VERY excellent. Especially the soundtrack, talk about bringin' me back!

Was doing my nails over the weekend and Darjeeling Limited came on, so I sat and watched that again, that's another one I really enjoy. Especially Anjelica Houston's roles (sp? did I spell her name correctly?).

And... I just brainfarted the other one I was gonna tell you about. Fuck. I hate when I do that. Meh.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Is there some sexual tension between quin and carrie? I think quin wants to get some nooooooooookie!

Toaster79

Toaster79

Watched Edge of tomorrow. Not bad. Loved the concept although it reminded me quiet alot of Matrix.

Had to see Azumi again :D

Tonight we're watchin Crouchin Tiger Hidden Dragon

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is there some sexual tension between quin and carrie? I think quin wants to get some nooooooooookie!
Right now I think he's head over heels for her and won't admit it to himself. I think he simultaneously loves and hates her. Definitely some tension there!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Right now I think he's head over heels for her and won't admit it to himself. I think he simultaneously loves and hates her. Definitely some tension there!

I can digg that, Poor guys been thru alot with her.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

That was one of those cult following movies that i just never got into.. I draw the line @ singing in a movie..

Now Little shop of horrors Granted had a bit of singing but it wasn't as weird as rocky horror was.. ;)

Everytime my first wife would drag to midnight viewings id attempt watching rocky horror in a theater but , i fell asleep everytime .lol. I caught the play in Hollywood and took some lsd for the late show. Music was killer ! lol. Talk about a freak show as far as the audience. ........

I like the play of "Tommy" better too ! loudest movie i ever heard in a theater. @ the Westwood.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can digg that, Poor guys been thru alot with her.
He's been through, and done, quite a lot, period. He's still reeling from killing that little boy, and I think all of this is going to play into his behavior later. Possibly a jihadist within the CIA? And Saul, what's he rounding up to anyway? The poor ambassador, she has NO idea. Just. Fucking. Wow.
Someone mentioned Wes Anderson earlier in this thread. Looked up a couple of his movie and watch The Life Aquatic. Interesting style of movie.
Have it permanently on my DVR. :)

Ok, so I watched part of Changeling yesterday while trimming, but the pause function didn't do what I wanted it to and I missed a bunch of the start and middle of it. What I did see was very, very good.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
He's been through, and done, quite a lot, period. He's still reeling from killing that little boy, and I think all of this is going to play into his behavior later. Possibly a jihadist within the CIA? And Saul, what's he rounding up to anyway? The poor ambassador, she has NO idea. Just. Fucking. Wow.

*SNIPPED*

I don't think hes gonna turn jihad , I think hes gonna either freelance or hes gonna start a new life somewhere else but i think hes done killing people hes even said that himself in the last episode so...?

I don't think hes the type of person whos gonna down the line snap and do something drastic, he seems like he just wants a life with carrie and her baby, in previous episode he was getting angry at her for not being there for her daughter?

Saul just misses being director and has a hard time letting go of being in control of things i guess so hes doing favors moving pieces on the chess board like hes still in charge.. Hes got issues thats for sure, but hes a smart cookie hes ALWAYS got an end game and we never know what it is till its over lol.

And yeah shes fucked the ambassador knowing or not failed to secure her computer at the very least.. So i can't be like poor her.. she has a job to guard those files if there really THAT classified.. Fail..but thats what makes for good tv twists :D

Husband is fucked thats for sure... But who are those people? ISI? Whats there game ? and who the fuck is ISI? Islamic security intelligence? *sic*

How did the husband wind up trading secrets to the guy from the cia to begin with?! and how did the current director of the Cia know but saul didn't?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not Islamic, Pakistani intelligence. The current CIA company director knows because someone made a special trip to D.C. to tell him. He promptly removed that guy and stuck him in archives (remember the double-episode, season starter, the tall, thin surly man with curly hair? Him) to keep him quiet. I think the timing plays a role here, of course.

The question is how did PI get Mr. Professor-Ambassador to take such a risk in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been working with the now-dead station chief, Sandy, the question is how, and again why.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ahh yeah forgot about the archives guy...

He was working with sandy thats how sandy got all the secrets to trade to the unknown source for terrorist targets rememeber!! Drone queen! lol

But after the failed bombing PI had sandy killed in the public mobbing and in walks the chick whom now i assume is also PI..Whom said the relationship will continue regardless of sandy.

So the question for me now is why are they going directly to him and whats he gonna get out of the deal? im sure he had cash or whatever from sandy but now its like do it or were gonna screw your life up.. Hes got 1 way outta this and thats a bullet for breakfast..

As far as why with sandy It was prolly money and the thought he was helping the CIA kill terrorist even tho he was leaking secrets..

Its a fucking mess thats for sure i cant wait for the next episode! @Seamaiden Tagg ya so don't miss it :D

Top Bottom