Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

Absolutely! Watched part of it a couple of weeks ago.

It's absolutely tragic, but nowhere nearly as tragic as Melancholia. Not sure if I've ever posted about this one, but it is, in my opinion, such a groundbreaking piece of film that it's in the same category as 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is to say that it reaches a peak not often reached. I think it's Kirsten Dunst's apex as an actress to this point.

Melancholia is absolute in its finality.

I saw it a long time ago..not her usual quirky films. It kept my interest..but the name fits. My takeaway from that one was that she didn't like, how life set her up and who she was to marry. It took everyone dying for her to come to terms with that..which is just ridiculous imho

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I saw it a long time ago..not her usual quirky films. It kept my interest..but the name fits. My takeaway from that one was that she didn't like, how life set her up and who she was to marry. It took everyone dying for her to come to terms with that..which is just ridiculous imho
Ah, so you didn't see her depression and how that affected every moment of her life? That's what I saw, and she played it brilliantly. Her sister worked so hard to keep her mentally propped up, her brother-in-law behaved in public as though he was the stalwart knight in white armor.

Yet, when it really came down to it, it was the woman who daily faced the battle of oblivion who was able to face their impending doom with true grace and aplomb. Her BIL broke down and committed suicide behind her sister's back. Her sister broke down and became hysterical. And what of the child? Only his poor, depressed aunt had the ability to help him face his own demise.

You see, she loved everyone, but she was sick, in the head.

Natural

Natural

That's right..everybody else pretty much chickened out before the big event. I defined her depression with her unhappiness..I mean she had wealth..family..everything. Is there a hint in there that she couldn't have children..I can't remember.
I guess her melancholia was more present because she already had the end on her conscious..while everyone else oblivious..couldn't handle it when it became real enough.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't waste your time and/or money on "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Very disappointed in that one.
That SERIOUSLY bears repeating.

Although, I'll give 'em this much--they actually got me to wait through almost the whole movie waiting for the good part. I tend to get impatient once I've decided a flick is shit and don't like wasting precious life (aka time) watching it. Same thing with books.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Goin to have to score Dracula a little on the low side, the cinematics kinda sucked, The plot was predictable and a little boring tbh... and the ending are they trying to setup for a sequel cause i don't see that happening...

6/10 coulda been better..

Natural

Natural

That SERIOUSLY bears repeating.

Although, I'll give 'em this much--they actually got me to wait through almost the whole movie waiting for the good part. I tend to get impatient once I've decided a flick is shit and don't like wasting precious life (aka time) watching it. Same thing with books.
I found quite a few of the blockbuster type movies fell short along with this one..godzilla..hercules..noah..need for speed..dawn of the planet of the apes..pretty crappy. The new XMen..was just ok. To much cookie cutter relying on big budget effects and actors instead of creative thinking. blah

Natural

Natural

Saw a movie called Boyhood. It has that indie hipster feel to it..and is pretty slow of a movie..if that doesn't lose your interest, it makes for a nice film. It took 12 years to make and follows a family as they progress..total genius in my book.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Saw a movie called Boyhood. It has that indie hipster feel to it..and is pretty slow of a movie..if that doesn't lose your interest, it makes for a nice film. It took 12 years to make and follows a family as they progress..total genius in my book.

I tried, I REALLY tried to watch that.. But 1/2 way thru i just kept thinking this is so fake this is so fake this is so fake. I couldn't do it... Bored the shit outta me too..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Anything else to add? lol Was it good? was it bad? was it just another war movie?
It pretty much confirmed I guess what would be described by some as obvious, it depicts guerrilla warfare, maybe something like a "Hamburger Hill" set in the middle of Iraq with the addition of snipers and satellite tech, I'm not sure there was as much sniper action in vietnam.....but the perspective and emphasis said alot about the importance of intimacy in war (family back at home). Alot of closeups of headshots scope view.

It's the kind of movie one person could say is a master piece like saving private Ryan but are difficult to call good or great due to the vulgarity of war

Every 64 minutes a veteran commits suicide....so depressing

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I was a fan of hamburger hill, Full metal jacket, Platoon... Granted a little propaganda, but still masterpiece films.. I hope this one lives up to the hype :D

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I was a fan of hamburger hill, Full metal jacket, Platoon... Granted a little propaganda, but still masterpiece films.. I hope this one lives up to the hype :D
It does....

If the movie doesn't touch you then at any moment look around and watch how it impacts everyone else I mean there were people there of all walks of life and ages

Hard to watch gruesome movies with kids in the audience

straydogOG

straydogOG

graystatemovie.com

Military Man, Wife, Daughter Found Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide

Police say that a family of three found dead in their Apple Valley, Minnesota, home were victims of a murder-suicide.

The bodies of David Crowley, 29, his wife Komel, 28, and their 5-year-old daughter Rani were found Saturday, lying near the front door and next to a gun, according to the Star Tribune. Neighbors said they hadn't talked to the seemingly happy family since before Christmas.

But they did notice that David Crowley had begun to act strangely over the past year.

Neighbor Collin Prochnow discovered the bodies when he looked through the front window, after noticing packages piling up on the Crowleys' front doorstep. He told the Star Tribune that he initially thought the corpses were mannequins.

"To me, they just didn't look human," Prochnow said.

Fans and colleagues mourned the Crowley family Facebook page:
Post by Gray State: The Rise.

Komel Crowley was a dietitian who operated a business called Mind Body Dietitian, according to her Twitter page. She also specialized in treating eating disorders, KARE reports.

David Crowley's social media sites show that he had a fascination with guns. Many of his photos feature pellet guns or military gear.

The investigation is ongoing and police aren't releasing many details about the alleged murder-suicide.

WILL the movie ever be released?? They cant kill the truth....

On Saturday, responding officers found the bodies and the family dog, who was reportedly wild and aggressive. Prochnow recalled that he awoke in December to something that sounded like gunshots, but didn't think anything of it.

Prochnow said he noticed that David recently started wearing fatigues, despite having completed his five-year stint in the Army, and cut his hair short last year. The former soldier, who married his wife just before he served a tour of duty in Iraq, was also a gun enthusiast and a screenwriter. He wrote and directed a film called "Gray State," for which the trailer shows a militarized police force as well as FEMA agents killing Americans to force a "New World Order."

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

My wife and I can only watch so much war pictures, I wouldn't really say we watch those flicks for entertainment, my wife's Navy to the bone marrow, I like listening to her Navy stories much more then watching the movies but A certain type of spontaneity gets us in the cinema!

graystatemovie.com

Military Man, Wife, Daughter Found Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide

Police say that a family of three found dead in their Apple Valley, Minnesota, home were victims of a murder-suicide.

The bodies of David Crowley, 29, his wife Komel, 28, and their 5-year-old daughter Rani were found Saturday, lying near the front door and next to a gun, according to the Star Tribune. Neighbors said they hadn't talked to the seemingly happy family since before Christmas.

But they did notice that David Crowley had begun to act strangely over the past year.

Neighbor Collin Prochnow discovered the bodies when he looked through the front window, after noticing packages piling up on the Crowleys' front doorstep. He told the Star Tribune that he initially thought the corpses were mannequins.

"To me, they just didn't look human," Prochnow said.

Fans and colleagues mourned the Crowley family Facebook page:
Post by Gray State: The Rise.

Komel Crowley was a dietitian who operated a business called Mind Body Dietitian, according to her Twitter page. She also specialized in treating eating disorders, KARE reports.

David Crowley's social media sites show that he had a fascination with guns. Many of his photos feature pellet guns or military gear.

The investigation is ongoing and police aren't releasing many details about the alleged murder-suicide.

WILL the movie ever be released?? They cant kill the truth....

On Saturday, responding officers found the bodies and the family dog, who was reportedly wild and aggressive. Prochnow recalled that he awoke in December to something that sounded like gunshots, but didn't think anything of it.

Prochnow said he noticed that David recently started wearing fatigues, despite having completed his five-year stint in the Army, and cut his hair short last year. The former soldier, who married his wife just before he served a tour of duty in Iraq, was also a gun enthusiast and a screenwriter. He wrote and directed a film called "Gray State," for which the trailer shows a militarized police force as well as FEMA agents killing Americans to force a "New World Order."

When my wife's ready for another movie I'll look this one up it sounds like a must watch

Top Bottom