Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The Labyrinth and The never ending story.

The Labyrinth was much scarier than I remember as a kid. I turned it on for my 1.5 year old and had to turn it off. First part of the movie the girl wished in an evil manner to take her brother away because he is a bother......... Weird what we remember as kids and what we block out.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Tried to watch Mark Walhbergs new flick The Gambler... WTF?!?!?! Has anyone see this yet? can anyone make sense of this pos movie?

I got 1/2 way thru before i had to turn it off, the movie , the dialog, the plot.. none of it made any sense...

Not sure what mark they were trying to hit with this movie but imho they fuckin missed!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Looks like we have Fury and The Judge on the chopping block tonight! W00t! Finally 2 decent movies ( Least i hope ) Will report back!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well fury was OK at best.. Im not sure i was expecting a little more action then i got i guess... and alot more dialog that really didn't need to be in the movie.. Along with shia lafuckup could have been removed from the movie and it still woulda ended the same...

The Judge was good, Good story good acting.. Got what you would expect from the movie..

DismalDude

DismalDude

Got a slow day here and watched Birdman too.All I can say is I'm still not sure how I feel about the movie... It's different for sure.Like a strange mind fuck.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Got a slow day here and watched Birdman too.All I can say is I'm still not sure how I feel about the movie... It's different for sure.Like a strange mind fuck.

Would you rec. It to a friend? Or would you tell them to skip it?

Im on the fence atm about it, not sure i really wanna see it as the plot don't seem very interesting so if anyone has anything GOOD to say and perhaps can sway my mind feel free :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Grabbed Dracula the untold, Last night... Prolly wait till sunday when theres nothing to do to watch it but,,, anyone else seen it yet? anything good to say?

Video got taken down due to copyright claims :(

Natural

Natural

Grabbed Dracula the untold, Last night... Prolly wait till sunday when theres nothing to do to watch it but,,, anyone else seen it yet? anything good to say?

Video got taken down due to copyright claims :(
ya it was different than most vamp movies out today..made it interesting..but not a keeper for the archives imho

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

just watched "Blazing Saddles" and "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" fucking classics!!!
Blazing-Saddles.jpg

hulu-see_no_evil_hear_no_evil.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you seen Adaptation? Very cool movie..I found this dvd in my grandparents library of all places..lol.
Absolutely! Watched part of it a couple of weeks ago.

It's absolutely tragic, but nowhere nearly as tragic as Melancholia. Not sure if I've ever posted about this one, but it is, in my opinion, such a groundbreaking piece of film that it's in the same category as 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is to say that it reaches a peak not often reached. I think it's Kirsten Dunst's apex as an actress to this point.

Melancholia is absolute in its finality.

MGRox

MGRox

Funny, we watched a classic last night and I'm astonished my husband's never seen it before. Magnolia.
That is a great movie for sure!

I like Lawnmower man(s) real well for a classic too. (bulldog mentioned 2 great ones' as well).

Recently I watched "Her" (AI movie) and thought it was pretty good.

good to hear about birdman and gambler...I'll watch those when I ain't got nuthin else :p (yup I used ain't)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Her was *VERY* good, and I watched just a couple of days after I watched Lucy. Thus, the question is begged, is Lucy Her?

Top Bottom