Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Im not sure who suggested Foxcatcher or who bumped the ratings but holy jesus that movie sucked huge dick!

The whole story can be summed up by reading the 1 or 2 paragraphs about the john dupont guy... However!!! This movie managed to pull some titanic shit and made this fucker 2 1/2 hours long!

Thats 2 and 1 / 2 hours of wrestling and perhaps homosexual undertones.. I got 1/2 way thru till i ffwd to the end where he shoots the guy.. highlight of the film right there.. the rest was soooooooo drawn out.. Boring. Skip skip skip to the end!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Watched the hunger games mocking jay part 1.. meh, the previous films were better, this didn't really feel like a hunger games without the games!!!

And of course theres the annoying ass way she says Peeeta!! PEEETA PEEETA PEEETA! Jesus christ..........

*sighs*

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

American Sniper

Best war movie of all times, one of my favorite movies of all time. So sad, a true picture of what war really is, why we go, and the cost to the American family. That movie made me cry, angry, sad, happy, proud and humble. Thank God for Chris Kile, thank God for America.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Old move but really good, The worlds fastest Indian....
Anthony Hopkins plays a New Zealander who has an Indian motorcycle and comes to the US.
He buys a 54 chevy, like my hot rod, and heads to Salt Lake Bonneville salt flats
True story too. Interesting eccentric kind of garage inventor guy as well from the Outback. Liked that movie, Hopkins was great.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I just watched "John Wick", mindless, ridiculous Keanu Reeves grindhouse comic book action revenge flick but I liked it anyway...& I watched Denzil Washington in "The Equalizer" which was just great. Watched it like 5 times while dry trimming over the weekend.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
American Sniper

Best war movie of all times, one of my favorite movies of all time. So sad, a true picture of what war really is, why we go, and the cost to the American family. That movie made me cry, angry, sad, happy, proud and humble. Thank God for Chris Kile, thank God for America.
You know that guy has literally been proven to be little more than a self-aggrandizing liar, right? Knowing some of the soldiers I do, I find his whole "thing" quite insulting.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Please Seamaiden, tell me your not talking about Jesse Ventura. Please tell me about the lies this guy told. Make sure you back up what you say, your talking about an american hero here.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, the courts have found that Jesse Ventura's assertions are what are true, and in fact are making more findings not just against Kyle, but against the publisher. He is absolutely no hero, I guarantee you that.

No one can correlate the story about him killing those guys who allegedly assaulted him, so there's that. The whole thing with Ventura, for *me*, impugns every word the guy ever wrote.

Because I just do not tolerate liars. I just don't.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

No offence Seamaiden, but somebody that thinks the courts aren't perfect, you sure ran to them in this situation. (fracking examples)

I dare you to look into that case, and then find out why it's on opeal and most likely Kyle will win. 11 people witnessed Kyle punch out Jesse. 2 people said he didn't and that is how the court ruled. I beg you, actually look into it instead up reading some filth story somebody wrote about it.

Think about it, Kyle is a hero no doubt. Jesse goes around talking about how the military is bad. Kyle hits him for it. Jesse waits until Kyle dies and sues his wife. Such shame.

I feel sorry for the people that don't understand why he is a hero. I feel sorry for people that pretend to have a picture of a man, but it's only the picture the jaded media projects. Best movie of the year gets one oscar....lol. Liberal hacks.

Isn't this political Seamaiden? Or do only threads about loving america get shut down? Sad that is the case these days.

Why don't you humor me then, why is he not a hero? Are you saying purely because he may of told one lie? Well, Obama was liar of the year. You will have to do a little better than that seamaiden. If you choose to defame an american hero, at least come with something worthy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You really think Ventura waited for this guy to die before suing? IIRC, the suit was already in place. If you look into defamation suits, there is an extremely high legal bar set for the case to even be heard, the vast majority fail to meet that bar. Ventura's met that bar and has exceeded it. I have looked into the case, and the legal opinions regarding it, and they are all fairly firm in their belief that Ventura will be winning the case.

What you read in the book was filtered through this guy's eyes. What you saw in the movie was further corrupted by Hollywood (a place I have direct and personal experience with, the truth absolutely does *not* matter, especially in the light of dollars). I understand that it left you with a very strong feeling, a feeling that you don't want to go away. But a liar has glorified himself, and others have used his self-glorification to further their own financial interests, those being HarperCollins and the film producers.

ALL threads that become or start out political that are not addressing cannabis laws directly are to be shut down here. This is logic's decree, not mine. But you've GOT to know that once anyone starts bouncing around certain phrases that someone is going to take that political bait, right?

No, the courts aren't perfect, but they are the best we've got and they operate ostensibly under the rule of law. Based on the court docs I read, which came attached to the multiple stories I read, there are no 11 witnesses to that punching out of Ventura. If there were, he wouldn't have a case heading to appeal, his case would have been tossed from the get-go. The only reason it's on appeal is because Kyle's widow has enough money to spend on continuing to drag it out, as does HarperCollins.

Real heroes are the humblest kind and don't spend a moment making up stories or putting themselves up onto that pedestal. ;) Heroes have no need to embellish as Kyle did, or lie, as Kyle did.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So please, tell me the story Kyle made up? Just the Jesse story? That is what you discredit him for? Have you ever told a lie? Pretty sure every single person to ever live has told a lie. Please tell me where kyle himself lied or embellished his story? I dare you.

This is the second time I have asked and you have come up with nothing and I will tell you why. Kyle is all truth. Every kill he had on the battle field he had a spotter right next to him. Nothing on the battlefield was a lie. Couldn't have been. Left wing liberals will try their hardest to run this guy into the ground, but just like you, they can't. He is a true hero, and sounds like you might be jealous.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

by the way, I know he started the law suit, but he did sue his wife after he died. Such class. Is this your hero?

Maybe your hero is the Butcher of Bagdad which Kyle took out?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I may have told lies, but not *about* others, nor embellishing myself with new credits. There are at least two stories that he is suspected of making up, and one is essentially proven in court--the one about Ventura, and the one about him killing those guys who tried to rob/jack him.

Nothing in the battlefield is a lie...? I'm not sure how to respond to that.

I suppose you could assume that I and others are jealous of the guy. Again, not sure how to respond to that.

As for where Kyle lied, he wrote his own autobiography, did he not? If that is the case and you accept that he did, then he is the one who wrote the lies himself, right? Or, are you saying that someone else wrote his story entirely and that he had nothing to do with whatever lies, untruths or half-truths may be held within its pages?

Do you want me to offer you a bunch of links? I can do that, but I assumed you'd already seen them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
by the way, I know he started the law suit, but he did sue his wife after he died. Such class. Is this your hero?

Maybe your hero is the Butcher of Bagdad which Kyle took out?
I'm not saying that Ventura is a hero, I'm not saying anyone except those who are humble, and serve so humbly, are the true heroes. Those are the ones you don't hear about though. Cuz they aren't writing books about themselves, or having movies made.

I guess this is a real hot button topic for you, eh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom