Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Big Trouble in Little China is another Carpenter flick.
I had a teacher, taught a course called Great Books (stuff like The Divine Comedy, Chaucer's tales, NO Shakespeare because he knew we'd be getting that elsewhere, I think we did Black Elk Speaks or maybe that was in my mythology course...) who was a huge fan of Brian de Palma, and he would organize after school trips to see Brian de Palma flicks, with Phantasm being his number one favorite flick to take us to see. We'd eat at an Italian place called Cicero's there in Whittier, then off to the movies. Mr Cole, really great teacher.
I'm watching/streaming 13 films in a row of Katsu Kintaro as "The Blind Swordsman" Japanese movie franchise from the 60's tonight with gobs of starchie and sweet munchie stuff........smoke some Super Blueberry X Medicine Man and see how many I watch before its "Good Night Sweet(Ha! snort..ahem....) Prince" for the Bluzboy....My Blueberryed Fu and chi is stronnnnnng....
Zatoichi kicks AZZ! I loves me some Zatoichi!

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Big Trouble in Little China is another Carpenter flick.
I had a teacher, taught a course called Great Books (stuff like The Divine Comedy, Chaucer's tales, NO Shakespeare because he knew we'd be getting that elsewhere, I think we did Black Elk Speaks or maybe that was in my mythology course...) who was a huge fan of Brian de Palma, and he would organize after school trips to see Brian de Palma flicks, with Phantasm being his number one favorite flick to take us to see. We'd eat at an Italian place called Cicero's there in Whittier, then off to the movies. Mr Cole, really great teacher.
Zatoichi kicks AZZ! I loves me some Zatoichi!
Seamaiden, go here, the playlist starts out with a Zatoichi film and there are 13 to 16 others to stream down below once you load the entire playlist. There are some other classis Japanese Samurai films here as well to stream from the 50's through the present....below when you load the entire playlist, you can find and watch the Zatoichi films from the beginning, the first two were filmed in black and white in 62/63? maybe, then the rest were filmed in color....Zatoichi started out as a TV series and is the franchise that gave bruce Lee the idea about a guy who knows kung fu who is in the wild west going from town to town helping people which the idjits who run Hollywood and producers of TV shows then went, "great idea bruce, but .....we want David Carridine who's lousy at Kung Fu compared to you to play the guy not you Bruce...so sorry dude" and Bruce went to Hong Kong and started working for the Shaw brothers and Golden Harvest films there..
Get yourself some Monday morning dose of Zatoichi here below!!!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8C379C8EFB1D586

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

@Seamaiden- I think it was Indie film maker Don Coscarelli from Oregon who directed and produced Phantasm film franchise Seamaiden....he also did "Bubba Ho Tep", a must see horror comedy, and the recent "John Dies At The End" James Giamatti in it..

Last edited:
H

happy b

I just watched seventh son . it was ok . I also saw a trailer for the new star wars movie that's out in Dec . ther was a clip of a scene were the millennium falcon is speeding across the desert planet of tattooing really close to the ground and spinning about and stuff . for someone who grew up loving waching the Falcon being floated about on strings in the original films,seeing the Falcon flying about like that looked awesome . graphics look awesome though the effects look a little different to the second trilogies effects.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I just watched seventh son . it was ok . I also saw a trailer for the new star wars movie that's out in Dec . ther was a clip of a scene were the millennium falcon is speeding across the desert planet of tattooing really close to the ground and spinning about and stuff . for someone who grew up loving waching the Falcon being floated about on strings in the original films,seeing the Falcon flying about like that looked awesome . graphics look awesome though the effects look a little different to the second trilogies effects.
I felt the same way about 7th son.It was just ok.Love Jeff Bridges but it didn't do much for me.
I remember sitting in the theater in 1977,Mayaguez Puerto Rico,waiting for the lights to go down.Star Wars was the best of everything back then and even though some of the new wasn't that great please feed me more! ;)

H

happy b

I felt the same way about 7th son.It was just ok.Love Jeff Bridges but it didn't do much for me.
I remember sitting in the theater in 1977,Mayaguez Puerto Rico,waiting for the lights to go down.Star Wars was the best of everything back then and even though some of the new wasn't that great please feed me more! ;)
Yeah the trailer made it look like it was going to be excellent which it wasn't . not bad either.

darkmatter

darkmatter

The Imitation game was pretty darn good.the James brown movie get on up is damn good, upthere with the best of them as far musicy movies. I must say I was hesitant to even rent dumb and dumber 2. I liked the damn movie though, It was about what it could and needed to be...

G gnome

G gnome

I know its not a movie but I have to throw it out there anyway. Its always sunny in Philadelphia. Its the funniest show ever. Cant get enough

starr

starr

Into the wild. One of my all time faves.

Serbian film little heads up bout serbian film it IS the most fucked up movie ever its about snuff films and it is highly highly graphic. Like like dismembering bodys during sex lots of graphic suicide and a scene with a lady who gives birth and well i cant even type the rest. Itll rewire permantly what the horror shock genre is to you. Movies like hostel or devils rejects etc. Are like dora the explorer after this movie.

And Cannabal Holocaust.

There is also a new documentary about the church of scientology called like into the clear that is awesome. Hubbard was a psycho who use to beat his wife and child hold them at gunpoint threaten too kill himself and her if she left him. Admits on film that he started the church so he didnt have too work and also be tax exempt from the government. He laughs and says of course its not real, but churches are a great way too get rich.....yet people still buy into it. Bill maher said it perfect religion is a form of mental retardation,

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I fell asleep during Clear, gonna watch it again.

I used to spend a LOT of time going to underground shows in LA during my punk days. A few of them featured snuff filmography, and while some of it was obviously fake, other clips looked far too real to me. I am NOT a fan. Humans are incredibly sick monkeys.

Into the Wild was a fantastic book, I can't say I've seen the movie.
@Seamaiden- I think it was Indie film maker Don Coscarelli from Oregon who directed and produced Phantasm film franchise Seamaiden....he also did "Bubba Ho Tep", a must see horror comedy, and the recent "John Dies At The End" James Giamatti in it..
I've seen both, but I could have sworm Phantasm was a Brian de Palma flick. Phantom of the Paradise, thank you brain! Who did Warriors..? Or.. Christ, I'm forgetting the name of the flick. Street Warriors or something like that, again, 70s stuff.
Tu conoces Mayaguez? Como San German?

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I fell asleep during Clear, gonna watch it again.

I used to spend a LOT of time going to underground shows in LA during my punk days. A few of them featured snuff filmography, and while some of it was obviously fake, other clips looked far too real to me. I am NOT a fan. Humans are incredibly sick monkeys.

Into the Wild was a fantastic book, I can't say I've seen the movie.

I've seen both, but I could have sworm Phantasm was a Brian de Palma flick. Phantom of the Paradise, thank you brain! Who did Warriors..? Or.. Christ, I'm forgetting the name of the flick. Street Warriors or something like that, again, 70s stuff.

Tu conoces Mayaguez? Como San German?
The Warriors,if the movie I am thinking you are thinking of, starring Steve Beck and James Remar from 1979 was directed by Walter Hill I do believe and is based on the Greek story of how some Greek warriors went to a meeting of kingdoms constantly vying competitions for territory deep in the Baltics and have to fiht their way back to Greece and hill turned the Greek historical tale into an Urban gang story and tale...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That sounds like it, set in a post-apocalyptic New York?
I was at Ramey-Borinquen in the 70's.San German is right next to Mayaguez.We went to Mayaguez quite a bit back then as it was the closest mall. ;)
My spanish is all but gone now sadly...
Yes, I know. My family is from San German. If you know Porta Coeli, then you're one plaza over from the old family home (it's next to Sol Theater). My grandparents were married in the church, as were my own parents. My own Spanish is almost all but gone, but then I found Duolingo. Learning Spain Spanish, but fuck 'em.

Wow. Color my mind blown!

Top Bottom