Which has better yields, more colas or beefing up fewer colas

• Thread starter Mcsketcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Tried them all.
That 1st stalk was a beast... What strain was that??? And after trying them all... You gotta preference? Though just to be clear... What do you mean by all??? 1-32... More, less, only even #s by doubling up or sometimes you'd wind up with like 27 colas for whatever reason

Manipulator

Manipulator

That 1st stalk was a beast... What strain was that??? And after trying them all... You gotta preference? Though just to be clear... What do you mean by all??? 1-32... More, less, only even #s by doubling up or sometimes you'd wind up with like 27 colas for whatever reason
Been doing it for about 6 years. Everything from 2 to 64 earlier years but last few stick to 8. Like that best. Depends on veg. Sometimes do and extra top now and get 16 Sometimes you break an arm in veg training so it can vary sometimesšŸ˜‚ Hers one for you

C863BE14 1B0C 469F 92E7 2D76BA8D59D9
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Tried them all.

Been doing it for about 6 years. Everything from 2 to 64 earlier years but last few stick to 8. Like that best. Depends on veg. Sometimes do and extra top now and get 16 Sometimes you break an arm in veg training so it can vary sometimesšŸ˜‚ Hers one for you
Fucking awesome... I bow to your skills sir... I've only been growing since last July... Harvested 4 plants thus far... One day I will achieve such colas

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

5 gal Pots. Used smart pots for years now Rain Science
5 gal Pots. Used smart pots for years now Rain Science
Have you ever tried a larger smart pot? How long do you typically veg? Nute preferences? Here's another... What's your largest harvest off a single plant? Any strain you'd say isn't worth fucking with? Or strain I should try I've never heard of??? Breeders, any recommendations for unusual or best strains?

Manipulator

Manipulator

Yes. 7 gal. Went back. 5 is good in a 4x8 for 8 plants. Can only grow so big. Botanicare nutes. 6 1/2 ounces off a Haze. Never grown a strain I didnā€™t like. I buy seeds normally in packs of 5 or 6. Thatā€™s it no clones for long time. Too many strains to try. Prob done 80 or so strains. Want a good one. Just finished one. I have only bought repeat seeds twice in all Iā€™ve grown. Will be three soon. Snowcaine V2 by Twenty20 Mendocino. Taste smell effect off the charts.

0F7C9027 8CDA 44F6 A4F6 2DB45F6D4952
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Yes. 7 gal. Went back. 5 is good in a 4x8 for 8 plants. Can only grow so big. Botanicare nutes. 6 1/2 ounces off a Haze. Never grown a strain I didnā€™t like. I buy seeds normally in packs of 5 or 6. Thatā€™s it no clones for long time. Too many strains to try. Prob done 80 or so strains. Want a good one. Just finished one. I have only bought repeat seeds twice in all Iā€™ve grown. Will be three soon. Snowcaine V2 by Twenty20 Mendocino. Taste smell effect off the charts.
Lots of good info in there... Thanks... I didn't know botanicare even had a nute line. I mean, I have some cal mag by them. I didn't know they did anything else. I'm looking up Twenty20 Mendocino right now... Once again, thankyou

growsince79

growsince79

This plant is a LA Confidential in 13 gallons of Dr earth and fox farm ocean forest soil mixed. I use Dr earth as my base ferts and supplement with down to earth stuff... ie: guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite. I just started adding coconut water and aloe juice. I also use barley, barley extract and unsulphured molasses. Also hormex rooting hormone (vita B1), ascorbic acid (vita C). I just started using Tribus as well. It's too early to tell if the coco water, aloe juice and tribus will make a difference. My leaf tips are burning a bit but the plant looks healthy otherwise. I'm concerned it might be too much light but I'm not sure. Maybe Im over feeding something in the NPK realm. Oh, I also use fulvic acid and cal-mag. Lastly, I use Dr Earth's metabolic transformer. It might seem like I know what I'm doing but I don't really. This is my 4th grow and I'm still fumbling through it. I attempted to fim early but messed it up or it didn't work the way I wanted it to at least. I wound up topping her 5 times to get 32 colas. Is that too many for 1 plant? Does the stalk need to be thicker? Should I have kept it at 16 colas? She's in early flower, should I damage bud sites so only 24 colas develope? Is it better to have more bud sites or better to have less sites and focus on beefing them up? Which provides better yields?
4-6 colas /sqft max.

The_word

The_word

This plant is a LA Confidential in 13 gallons of Dr earth and fox farm ocean forest soil mixed. I use Dr earth as my base ferts and supplement with down to earth stuff... ie: guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite. I just started adding coconut water and aloe juice. I also use barley, barley extract and unsulphured molasses. Also hormex rooting hormone (vita B1), ascorbic acid (vita C). I just started using Tribus as well. It's too early to tell if the coco water, aloe juice and tribus will make a difference. My leaf tips are burning a bit but the plant looks healthy otherwise. I'm concerned it might be too much light but I'm not sure. Maybe Im over feeding something in the NPK realm. Oh, I also use fulvic acid and cal-mag. Lastly, I use Dr Earth's metabolic transformer. It might seem like I know what I'm doing but I don't really. This is my 4th grow and I'm still fumbling through it. I attempted to fim early but messed it up or it didn't work the way I wanted it to at least. I wound up topping her 5 times to get 32 colas. Is that too many for 1 plant? Does the stalk need to be thicker? Should I have kept it at 16 colas? She's in early flower, should I damage bud sites so only 24 colas develope? Is it better to have more bud sites or better to have less sites and focus on beefing them up? Which provides better yields?
As far as my understanding it shouldn't matter how many colas you have it they gain their size and strength from the amount of light they receive. That's the point of low stress training in an indoor environment, you flatten the canopy to allow more colas to form and expose them to more quality light. In nature as the sun moves plants don't have this problem particularly. You should make sure to defoliate fan leaves to make sure that as many bud sites as possible receive as much light as possible. The more the merrier. As far as your list of nutes and stuff I didn't read it as I can give you 0 insight into this hahahahaha Good luck mate may your harvest be bountiful āœŒ

Latest posts

Top Bottom