Which Hps Bulb? Please Help

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sixstring

sixstring

Are they German diodes? :D :D looking awesome six! Is that a current crop?
Yeah,thats the goji og .one of many plants in flower i cooked the shit out of with too much silica.shes being flushed now.lemon fuel funky frosty goodness :) this is from the 35w cob section.very productive spot.
20170415 122359
20170415 122238

This shit is too fuckin strong to be of any use to me lol.
20170405 142405

dan1989

dan1989

Yeah,thats the goji og .one of many plants in flower i cooked the shit out of with too much silica.shes being flushed now.lemon fuel funky frosty goodness :) this is from the 35w cob section.very productive spot.
View attachment 691362 View attachment 691363
View attachment 691364

So you've got different power 'zones' in the same grow area? That's pretty cool, must be an interesting room. It's a whole different technique setting up an Led grow in that the light is so concentrated. That in fact was the lesson I learned on my last run in my stealth box, I couldn't raise my light high enough to get any decent spread, so had nice juicy fat buds in the middle, then airy popcorn around the edges. I let the foliage get a bit out of control too so that didn't help. With the price of power now, I can see me doing what you've done there one day...

dan1989

dan1989

View attachment 691362 View attachment 691363
View attachment 691364

How about the silica? I read about it making the plant strong but didn't really understand when to use it. It said it's only soluble above a pH of 7, so assuming I need to give it separately from the feed, wouldn't it mess with the levels in my coco?

sixstring

sixstring

yeah i kinda have everything grouped together based on cob wattage.most of my setups are 2700k and 3000k cree @ 35w per cob. got like 3 setups with 3500k cree @ 75w and prob 4 setups @ 62w plus a bunch of 50w veros and the quantums.just trying to see what works best for my plants,and its tough because they all work lol.that plant is under a mix of 3500k and 3000k cree with some uv and 660 t5 that run a few hours a day each.

sixstring

sixstring

How about the silica? I read about it making the plant strong but didn't really understand when to use it. It said it's only soluble above a pH of 7, so assuming I need to give it separately from the feed, wouldn't it mess with the levels in my coco?
well i have been using a dif brand of silica to raise my ph and its always worked great but this brand is super dooper strong so 2 apps pretty much cooked everything i gave it to lol.i dont think i would use it in coco because all silica does have a tendency to raise ph quite a bit.see i use some hammerhead pk boost from time to time and it lowers my ph to around 5.0 so i always added a bit of silica to balance it back to 6.2.but this stuff is more like osa silicate which is super concentrated,and as you can see my ladies dont like it much haha.never had this problem with protekt silica.

dan1989

dan1989

well i have been using a dif brand of silica to raise my ph and its always worked great but this brand is super dooper strong so 2 apps pretty much cooked everything i gave it to lol.i dont think i would use it in coco because all silica does have a tendency to raise ph quite a bit.see i use some hammerhead pk boost from time to time and it lowers my ph to around 5.0 so i always added a bit of silica to balance it back to 6.2.but this stuff is more like osa silicate which is super concentrated,and as you can see my ladies dont like it much haha.never had this problem with protekt silica.

I've got a lot to learn...

mancdank

mancdank

It does strengthen your plants u can physically feel it. Top tip is mix what u need for your res in a jug of luke warm water 1st then mix that into your res never go straight from bottle to res and get your water stirring 1st then put it when u got that little swirl in motion then ph it silica can be used as ph up so needless to say your ph will go through the roof but alp this aside mate its a good time of year to be introducing it its a awesome preventative measure when pm and bugs are guna be coming in army's :)

dan1989

dan1989

It does strengthen your plants u can physically feel it. Top tip is mix what u need for your res in a jug of luke warm water 1st then mix that into your res never go straight from bottle to res and get your water stirring 1st then put it when u got that little swirl in motion then ph it silica can be used as ph up so needless to say your ph will go through the roof but alp this aside mate its a good time of year to be introducing it its a awesome preventative measure when pm and bugs are guna be coming in army's :)

Hand watered coco I use dude... Not Dwc. This is advanced shit to me so sorry if I'm slow on the uptake :D

mancdank

mancdank

I use silica a lot in summer bro it gives me that little extra piece of mind knowing if something is guna attack my plants there guna have a hard time doing it imho I wouldn't stop using it just get a diffrent brand the brand I use is from growth tech or its know as ionic to some it's competitively priced and I've never had a issue with it

mancdank

mancdank

Hand watered coco I use dude... Not Dwc. This is advanced shit to me so sorry if I'm slow on the uptake :D
Lol I don't use dwc bro it's a fucking night mare best advice your ever guna get with coco is make your self a dripper system they take 15 mins max to make and the results are insane think yield of hydro with taste and safety net of soil if u wanna take the time to do it I will take the time to walk u through it :)

JMcG

JMcG

Mmmmm...yeah.... always been curious about coco, it's one I've never tried. Went from soil to hydro some ten years ago and never looked back. I like the UC system, IMO it's as good as it gets for hydro but I feel like I sacrifice some flavor, not much , but some.
I have room to fill some holes with a couple small pots, maybe after the summer months go by I'll try that out!
Gonna go search threads... we are already hacking this one to pieces. Any in particular that will get me going in the right direction Mancdank?

mancdank

mancdank

Mmmmm...yeah.... always been curious about coco, it's one I've never tried. Went from soil to hydro some ten years ago and never looked back. I like the UC system, IMO it's as good as it gets for hydro but I feel like I sacrifice some flavor, not much , but some.
I have room to fill some holes with a couple small pots, maybe after the summer months go by I'll try that out!
Gonna go search threads... we are already hacking this one to pieces. Any in particular that will get me going in the right direction Mancdank?
There's loads of info on here mate just type in the search bar for the threads just try and stay away from opinions and try and stick with the facts or if there's something your un sure about ask em is this fact or opinions

dan1989

dan1989

U took it out of the tube yet ?

Yeah mate I see exactly what you meant about quality. Looks more solid than some of the others I've looked at. The proof is in the pudding so look out for my grow diary soon :) thanks for helping me reach a decision, your advice is very much appreciated dude! Respect, Dan.

mancdank

mancdank

Yeah mate I see exactly what you meant about quality. Looks more solid than some of the others I've looked at. The proof is in the pudding so look out for my grow diary soon :) thanks for helping me reach a decision, your advice is very much appreciated dude! Respect, Dan.
Your guna love it mate and it's built to handle the super lumens so don't be shy :)

dan1989

dan1989

Your guna love it mate and it's built to handle the super lumens so don't be shy :)

Shy me? Naaah I can't wait to try out that setting lol. Do you use the super lumens all the way through? Or...

mancdank

mancdank

Shy me? Naaah I can't wait to try out that setting lol. Do you use the super lumens all the way through? Or...
Just the last couple of week mate just don't burn your tops take it up a few extra inches here's a couple of nug shots of stardawg grown under the same bulb and ballast as yours super stinking super hard and hits like a steam train

IMG 20170406 101712 635
IMG 20170406 101615 141
IMG 20170406 101523 359
dan1989

dan1989

Just the last couple of week mate just don't burn your tops take it up a few extra inches here's a couple of nug shots of stardawg grown under the same bulb and ballast as yours super stinking super hard and hits like a steam train

That's fucking ridiculous mate :D in a good way. Don't want to sound like a kiss arse but you should definitely enter one of those pics in POTM, they are frosty as hell! I'm hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom