Which is the most reliable seed bank?

• Thread starter Valenjulio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

i must be a weirdo as i’ll email the breeder and say if you give me free seeds than i only want these, (i’ll tell them a few choices and if they give them to me great if not than i say keep your freebies.. i hate getting seeds i don’t want..
canna pot which is a seed bank i use to get Anesia seeds will give me free Anesia seeds with purchase.. ssshhhh!…
Me too but i just sell or give them away and sometimes i just give them try. Last round freebie what i tried from Barneys farm came one of my favorite grow style and smoke. So i think sometimes its good to give chance to freebies and maybe find some hidden gem to yourself.
D42 2

S

Smoking...Joe

Hi guys as I’m coming of at the end of my first grow in about a month I need to know what seed bank to get my seeds from so i can further enjoy this beautiful beautiful hobby.will take any suggestions as long as they ship to Chicago.
F**k Chitown, no good. There are many; Greenpoint Seeds, Luscious Genetics, Heavily Connected Seeds, Oregon Elite Seeds & lastly but not least the Attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
This is a good thread. I can't comment yet on the seed banks because this thread is titled "most reliable", but so far I've ordered from about 15 different seed banks over the last 6+ weeks. I'll comment on the seeds themselves after I run them. I can tell you I've had good customer service experience with Herbie's, although 1 of my 2 orders from them was actually intercepted by customs......I knew when it was "held up" for a month that I was gonna get an intercept letter (it's actually a US Dept. of Agriculture violation).......

I plan on framing the letter an putting it up on my grow closet door... ;)

Seedcellar, Seedsherenow, Docsdank, DCSeedsexchange, Irvine, BCBuddepot, Neptune......have all gone well in terms of ordering/receiving. Then there are the landrace/heirloom cos......

We'll see. I can also tell which ones' seeds seem more mature/robust, and there are a couple that seem a little small/immature, but I'll have to review them again from that perspective as I start planting them.

The ones that only sell Fems or Autos get in my nerves but that's a separate issue. Then there are the ones that don't take credit cards? Really? And the ones that don't shop to the US........in 1988 I ordered my first seeds ever from Neville's Seed Bank. 1988 was not a fun year for us.......Holland was like some dream land. Fast forward 35 years, my State is now legal, and I can't order seeds from most cos. in the Netherlands. Now that's irony...

Then there are the ones that sell 8 seeds for $400......that's balls forward....and soke of them don't even have pictures. A name, no description, $400. It better be a tower of resin.

But.......one seed bank from the UK....."The Choice". It was literally last night I got to opening their package. It was like comedy gold. They sent me 2 leather, studded bracelets, the kind punk rockers adorned themselves with in the late 70s and 80s......

My wife and I are staring at the bracelets, I'm looking in the package.....ok, where are the seeds? No seeds. Just the bracelets.....are you kidding me? Was this package also intercepted?? I now have socks, gloves......thanks guys...

Ok, after about 5 minutes of ripping the package apart.....wait a minute. Did these people actually put the seeds INSIDE the studs of the bracelets?? We shook one bracelet a little......tink tink tink......they put the seeds INSIDE each one of the studs! I had to get a tool to pry off one of the studs. Yep!! There was ONE strain in EACH stud! With a tiny, tiny little piece of paper! Like a weed seed/punk rock fortune cookie! Are you kidding me?? Now I gotta pry open.......10 different studs?? Plus the 3 freebies?? Argh!!!

They better be great plants.....

I'd like to start another thread called "What the heck!?". I'm sure you've all seen them too. Pictures of certain strains that are just ridickles looking......."Ultimate Purple". Anyone ever see that one?? It's like every Purple strain crossed with each other. The flowers are like deep purple but the leaves are green. Dayyyum!! ;)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
This is a good thread. I can't comment yet on the seed banks because this thread is titled "most reliable", but so far I've ordered from about 15 different seed banks over the last 6+ weeks. I'll comment on the seeds themselves after I run them. I can tell you I've had good customer service experience with Herbie's, although 1 of my 2 orders from them was actually intercepted by customs......I knew when it was "held up" for a month that I was gonna get an intercept letter (it's actually a US Dept. of Agriculture violation).......

I plan on framing the letter an putting it up on my grow closet door... ;)

Seedcellar, Seedsherenow, Docsdank, DCSeedsexchange, Irvine, BCBuddepot, Neptune......have all gone well in terms of ordering/receiving. Then there are the landrace/heirloom cos......

We'll see. I can also tell which ones' seeds seem more mature/robust, and there are a couple that seem a little small/immature, but I'll have to review them again from that perspective as I start planting them.

The ones that only sell Fems or Autos get in my nerves but that's a separate issue. Then there are the ones that don't take credit cards? Really? And the ones that don't shop to the US........in 1988 I ordered my first seeds ever from Neville's Seed Bank. 1988 was not a fun year for us.......Holland was like some dream land. Fast forward 35 years, my State is now legal, and I can't order seeds from most cos. in the Netherlands. Now that's irony...

Then there are the ones that sell 8 seeds for $400......that's balls forward....and soke of them don't even have pictures. A name, no description, $400. It better be a tower of resin.

But.......one seed bank from the UK....."The Choice". It was literally last night I got to opening their package. It was like comedy gold. They sent me 2 leather, studded bracelets, the kind punk rockers adorned themselves with in the late 70s and 80s......

My wife and I are staring at the bracelets, I'm looking in the package.....ok, where are the seeds? No seeds. Just the bracelets.....are you kidding me? Was this package also intercepted?? I now have socks, gloves......thanks guys...

Ok, after about 5 minutes of ripping the package apart.....wait a minute. Did these people actually put the seeds INSIDE the studs of the bracelets?? We shook one bracelet a little......tink tink tink......they put the seeds INSIDE each one of the studs! I had to get a tool to pry off one of the studs. Yep!! There was ONE strain in EACH stud! With a tiny, tiny little piece of paper! Like a weed seed/punk rock fortune cookie! Are you kidding me?? Now I gotta pry open.......10 different studs?? Plus the 3 freebies?? Argh!!!

They better be great plants.....

I'd like to start another thread called "What the heck!?". I'm sure you've all seen them too. Pictures of certain strains that are just ridickles looking......."Ultimate Purple". Anyone ever see that one?? It's like every Purple strain crossed with each other. The flowers are like deep purple but the leaves are green. Dayyyum!! ;)
how did they stop your seed? we’re they written on the package or you know if it was stealth shipping?
hope you get what i’m asking

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I've also ordered from "Homegrowncannabisco". I notice they advertise here but also very good customer service.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
how did they stop your seed? we’re they written on the package or you know if it was stealth shipping?
hope you get what i’m asking
You mean the intercept letter? First I noticed it held up in customs way too long. (Tracking it). Then I finally got the package, they had opened it, removed the seeds only, left the gloves they came in, and inserted the letter back into the package. So yes, it was "stealth" shipping, but it's only good to a certain extent. Whether customs scans the package, randomly opens 1 out of 1000, or they kind of have a few companies already on their radar, it's just the way it goes. Every so often they'll snag a package and that's the way it will go. Any good seeds company will re-send the order. Of course, I showed the company a copy of the letter, and they re-sent.

TheDaveCave

TheDaveCave

Hi guys as I’m coming of at the end of my first grow in about a month I need to know what seed bank to get my seeds from so i can further enjoy this beautiful beautiful hobby.will take any suggestions as long as they ship to Chicago.
True North Seedbank is a pretty good source and they always have pretty sweet deals on seeds. They also have a very respectable selection, and ship super quick.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I'll put in a plug for Speakeasy which has been my favorite lately. Their selection is small compared to some other seed banks and not for people who want feminized or auto flower seeds but they carry quality stuff, take CC and have always been reliable.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Would be slick if we could make a thread called "Bean Bartering and the Art of the Bean Swap" 😆 or whatever. You could have your updated "Bean List" linked and others can make offers. Could have a "Bean Basket" link that has what you have to offer and "Bean Lookin" link for what you wish you had. ex. "Hey want to trade 1 Barneys Bubba Kush bean and 1 Humboldt Seed Co Blueberry for 1 of my Ethos Mandarin Cookies"?

Not sure if against Farm code of conduct or policy but if it isn't and a thread doesn't exist already it might be cool. Also there are likely many threads about reliable seed banks but could there become one "Main" one where there is a sticky and it is updated with any new Bank that someone had good or bad experience with. Could also keep a comprehensive list of all banks used and all banks used or not. Could make playing bean games more streamlined. We also wanna make sure the beans they offer here at the Farm are front and center. Have a feeling there are many hidden gems amongst us and we don't know it.
As far as my experiences, there haven't been too many.

Success with seedsman 2 times. Took roughly 10 days each. Ok freebies

Success with 7eastgenetics.(regs only). Took 12 huge freebie giver

Success with Seedmasters. Great freebies

Can vouch for these through Zombie who has ordered from them a bunch https://heritageseedbank.com/product-category/breeders/

Much fire here and can also vouch for https://brotanicalgardens.com/

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Would be slick if we could make a thread called "Bean Bartering and the Art of the Bean Swap" 😆 or whatever. You could have your updated "Bean List" linked and others can make offers. Could have a "Bean Basket" link that has what you have to offer and "Bean Lookin" link for what you wish you had. ex. "Hey want to trade 1 Barneys Bubba Kush bean and 1 Humboldt Seed Co Blueberry for 1 of my Ethos Mandarin Cookies"?

Not sure if against Farm code of conduct or policy but if it isn't and a thread doesn't exist already it might be cool. Also there are likely many threads about reliable seed banks but could there become one "Main" one where there is a sticky and it is updated with any new Bank that someone had good or bad experience with. Could also keep a comprehensive list of all banks used and all banks used or not. Could make playing bean games more streamlined. We also wanna make sure the beans they offer here at the Farm are front and center. Have a feeling there are many hidden gems amongst us and we don't know it.
As far as my experiences, there haven't been too many.

Success with seedsman 2 times. Took roughly 10 days each. Ok freebies

Success with 7eastgenetics.(regs only). Took 12 huge freebie giver

Success with Seedmasters. Great freebies

Can vouch for these through Zombie who has ordered from them a bunch https://heritageseedbank.com/product-category/breeders/

Much fire here and can also vouch for https://brotanicalgardens.com/
Tried something similar about 2 years ago.

V

Valenjulio

The slight purple color is new tho lol but 60 percent of hairs are brown she’s almost ready to chop ✂️ lol idk is she a sativa or indica?

Latest posts

Top Bottom