Which is the most reliable seed bank?

• Thread starter Valenjulio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RhastaBlasta

I still say seedsman is the most reliable. I like canuk seeds too.
I dunno, I bought off them once and it got delivered, not to mention it took ages, and the quality was kind of so-so. Tried ILGM, not happy about it too. Tried some local folks near me, they sell good clones but awful seeds. Tried Herbies, they are good. Perhaps the prices are not the lowest, but the seeds were indeed good, and they do deliver, as well as if you got fucked they will reply to you unlike seedsman, and they will try doing something for you and not just ignore, so I'd say try Herbies. But I guess your case was much better than mine

Glassdub

Glassdub

I dunno, I bought off them once and it got delivered, not to mention it took ages, and the quality was kind of so-so. Tried ILGM, not happy about it too. Tried some local folks near me, they sell good clones but awful seeds. Tried Herbies, they are good. Perhaps the prices are not the lowest, but the seeds were indeed good, and they do deliver, as well as if you got fucked they will reply to you unlike seedsman, and they will try doing something for you and not just ignore, so I'd say try Herbies. But I guess your case was much better than mine
Multiverse or Canuk Seeds? Canuk Seeds site prices are pretty high, I hope Multiverse are not selling old stock like Greybeard, never again with them.

MEGA956

MEGA956

IMG 2228

Mike from Alpine Valley Organics is a great dude to deal with.

S

SamSquatch

Just tried a new seed bank, Iced Out Genetics from Battle Creek Michigan. I had been looking to replace Humboldt Seed Organization 707 Headband, HSO no longer produces it. I found the exact genetics from Iced Out. Great selection, good prices and speedy Service. Check them out, they also sell flower on the web site and it is a little tricky switching from flower to seeds.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Just tried a new seed bank, Iced Out Genetics from Battle Creek Michigan. I had been looking to replace Humboldt Seed Organization 707 Headband, HSO no longer produces it. I found the exact genetics from Iced Out. Great selection, good prices and speedy Service. Check them out, they also sell flower on the web site and it is a little tricky switching from flower to seeds.
As far as I can tell they are not breeders & sell what they call "copy cats" of popular seeds from other actual breeders, struck me as pretty sketchy & I don't trust them, bought a gram of Durban Poison from them as a tester, it tasted like shit & seemed like it might have been laced with something.

S

SamSquatch

As far as I can tell they are not breeders & sell what they call "copy cats" of popular seeds from other actual breeders, struck me as pretty sketchy & I don't trust them, bought a gram of Durban Poison from them as a tester, it tasted like shit & seemed like it might have been laced with something.
They say on their site that they are copy cat and I hope they are because I have been growing HSO 707 for over 10 years and I can no longer get it, it is my all time favorite. Over the years the HSO has genetically drifted, it was still good but wasn't as good as it was 10 years ago I am hoping this may be like the original. All commercial weed tastes like shit not as bad as the early 70s Mexican and Columbian though. That's why I grow my own. The secret is in the growing, drying and curing.

Glassdub

Glassdub

They say on their site that they are copy cat and I hope they are because I have been growing HSO 707 for over 10 years and I can no longer get it, it is my all time favorite. Over the years the HSO has genetically drifted, it was still good but wasn't as good as it was 10 years ago I am hoping this may be like the original. All commercial weed tastes like shit not as bad as the early 70s Mexican and Columbian though. That's why I grow my own. The secret is in the growing, drying and curing.
But this was squashed as flat as piece of gum on a the sidewalk & was the same consistency pretty much & gave a weird buzz.

S

SamSquatch

But this was squashed as flat as piece of gum on a the sidewalk & was the same consistency pretty much & gave a weird buzz.
That was the same thing that people told me about Blimburn seeds, that they were White Label, Copy Cat . I just harvested their version of Headband. It is excellent, so smooth and sweet. It makes you float.

Glassdub

Glassdub

That was the same thing that people told me about Blimburn seeds, that they were White Label, Copy Cat . I just harvested their version of Headband. It is excellent, so smooth and sweet. It makes you float.
Blimburn has more of a rep honestly, & don't sell weed obviously BTW, if you research Iced Out Genetics, which I did, you will find out about the guys sketchy past. In addition they were very unresponsive when I questioned them about seeds, & weed for that matter. Do what you want but I wouldn't trust them, there are so many more reputable venders to buy from.

M

monkey47

Hi guys as I’m coming of at the end of my first grow in about a month I need to know what seed bank to get my seeds from so i can further enjoy this beautiful beautiful hobby.will take any suggestions as long as they ship to Chicago.
just buy house brand seeds man. I bought from a know seed bank s and i never had better reults with then the housebrand seeds.

Glassdub

Glassdub

just buy house brand seeds man. I bought from a know seed bank s and i never had better reults with then the housebrand seeds.
Not Greybeard, of 3, 2 popped, one died & the third is a weird runt, Greybeard sucks over all though.

S

SamSquatch

Blimburn has more of a rep honestly, & don't sell weed obviously BTW, if you research Iced Out Genetics, which I did, you will find out about the guys sketchy past. In addition they were very unresponsive when I questioned them about seeds, & weed for that matter. Do what you want but I wouldn't trust them, there are so many more reputable venders to buy from.
I will let you know after I grow the 707 Headband and let you know how it is. I found out it's hit or miss with all of them. I bought Bahama Berry from Sofire genetics it hermied like a bitch, 37 nanners on one plant even though I took all the precautions and the yield sucked

M

monkey47

Not Greybeard, of 3, 2 popped, one died & the third is a weird runt, Greybeard sucks over all though.
I've bought from blimbur, kera seeds, humboldt, powerstrains and greenhouse seed company. Greenhouse seed company were the best but for the price i rather buy a house brand. But you are probably right they are also hit and mis. When I started growing (more then 10 years ago) i had a much better succesrate germinating my seeds and its not that i got worse at growing.

I had the worst succes rate with blimbur 0 out of 3 seeds popped which is sad because now my granddady purple is from powerstrains and i would have like the original breeders variant because of its high thc content.

Reactions: Zab
the rrock

the rrock

twenty20 breeders,been using for years. their descriptions are spot on.These guys are humboldt originals and ive never been disappointed ,.

S

SamSquatch

I don't know where you get your info, I get mine
Google Iced Out 4.9/5
TrustIndex Iced Out 4.9/5
Trust Pilot Iced Out 4/5
Site Jabber Iced Out 4.3/5
Roll It Up. Iced Out is trustworthy
Reddit. Iced Out is trustworthy

S

SamSquatch

I've bought from blimbur, kera seeds, humboldt, powerstrains and greenhouse seed company. Greenhouse seed company were the best but for the price i rather buy a house brand. But you are probably right they are also hit and mis. When I started growing (more then 10 years ago) i had a much better succesrate germinating my seeds and its not that i got worse at growing.

I had the worst succes rate with blimbur 0 out of 3 seeds popped which is sad because now my granddady purple is from powerstrains and i would have like the original breeders variant because of its high thc content.
When you germinate do you use a heat mat set at 80°~ 85° ?

M

monkey47

When you germinate do you use a heat mat set at 80°~ 85° ?
I put them in a glass with some water in and then place the glas in a heated propegator it gets around 80 degrees in the propogator and the temp is pretty stable trougouth the entire day because . When i started I would just put them in the soil and all of them would pop and become healthy seeds since i started growing again i have used rockwool cubes, rootit plugs and jiffys but getting them to pop works best in a glas of water in my opinon and then transplant in presoaked rockwool.

I knew a guy on a different forum and he would throw his seeds in a pan and heat them a bit until they popped worked great for him but i dont know if its cost effective if you buy premium seeds. people also have allots of succes with peroxide i gues the extra oxygen helps protect the tine fresh root against rot.

Top Bottom