Which LED's to buy

• Thread starter guymandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Not that anyone asked buuuut...

In my 4x4 tent I'm using a Timber 4VS at 3500k for veg/full spectrum (https://timbergrowlights.com/model-4vs/). It pulls 420w from the wall:

Seems a little underpowered for a full 4'x4' canopy so for flower I'm supplementing with a Trio of Daisies at 3000k spectrum - 'supposedly' better than HPS watt for watt for producing buds. These are like 95w a piece for an additional 285w from the wall I believe (https://timbergrowlights.com/trio-of-daisies-3/):

Since the Daisies are pendants you can arrange them how you like which is why there's no PAR map (same spectrum graph applies). *EDIT* Also forgot to add that you can get an extended remote cable to hang the driver outside the tent, helps if you are in a hot area running a grow tent in a non-climate controlled garage :)

Planning to spot-hang the daisies since I have an uneven canopy with multiple strains.

They're worth checking out. I went that way cause I didn't know absolutely one fucking thing about grow lights (just started) but I had seen BAS rave about the Timber COBs on some video so I didn't think it could be a bad place to start.

I'm an engineer by day so I love nerding out on this stuff.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Not that anyone asked buuuut...

In my 4x4 tent I'm using a Timber 4VS at 3500k for veg/full spectrum (https://timbergrowlights.com/model-4vs/). It pulls 420w from the wall:
View attachment 990504View attachment 990505View attachment 990507

Seems a little underpowered for a full 4'x4' canopy so for flower I'm supplementing with a Trio of Daisies at 3000k spectrum - 'supposedly' better than HPS watt for watt for producing buds. These are like 95w a piece for an additional 285w from the wall I believe (https://timbergrowlights.com/trio-of-daisies-3/):
View attachment 990506

Since the Daisies are pendants you can arrange them how you like which is why there's no PAR map (same spectrum graph applies).

Planning to spot-hang the daisies since I have an uneven canopy with multiple strains.

They're worth checking out. I went that way cause I didn't know absolutely one fucking thing about grow lights (just started) but I had seen BAS rave about the Timber COBs on some video so I didn't think it could be a bad place to start.

I'm an engineer by day so I love nerding out on this stuff.
You’re going to kill it. Mine will ship on the 29th. Talked to them yesterday. Super stoked.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OMG, OMG, OMG, but, but, but, but they're NOT Samsung!!! Heresy Aquaman. For shame...
I'm just clowning. My plants are dumb as, well, dirt. They don't know where the light is coming from.
Lol right... I just don't like epistar in terms of quality.... But as you say plants don't know, they only care about spectrum and intensity.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Lol right... I just don't like epistar in terms of quality.... But as you say plants don't know, they only care about spectrum and intensity.
I'm not a big fan of them either, though my current lights (SP-250) use them. I'm happy with them as my first lights, though overall I think the spectrum has a little too much blue for them to really excel as a flowering light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not a big fan of them either, though my current lights (SP-250) use them. I'm happy with them as my first lights, though overall I think the spectrum has a little too much blue for them to really excel as a flowering light.
What spectrum are they?

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

I love the hidden mocking savagery. I’m quite new to the indoor growing thing so excuse me for recommending Samsung Diodes. Apparently I haven’t educated myself in lighting for MJ.

I’d like to buy an osram product and do a comparison with the same type of plants.

As a matter of fact I will buy one. 😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I love the hidden mocking savagery. I’m quite new to the indoor growing thing so excuse me for recommending Samsung Diodes. Apparently I haven’t educated myself in lighting for MJ.

I’d like to buy an osram product and do a comparison with the same type of plants.

As a matter of fact I will buy one. 😂

Samsung is supposed to be the best for quality and efficiency. Osram is rated highly as well. Its epistar that is cheaper to buy and leas efficient and long lasting.

Seems you have done your homework! :-)

The whole overpriced led grow light market has made a joke of itself. Might as well laugh along. ;-)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I went with Viparspectra I’ve never used led so I thought I’d try them out ... pretty dam good I’ve ordered 2 more 1200 with dimmers on veg n bloom cycle I’ve only 3x3x6 tents the 600w is killing it in the smaller tent . Od now a led user ...
I know there’s better lights on market but for the trail I went with the middle of the road stuff I’m going to convert my daughters room into a grow space she’s moving out next month , baby chicken has flower from the nest .... in doing a happy dance inside ....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know there’s better lights on market but for the trail I went with the middle of the road stuff I’m going to convert my daughters room into a grow space she’s moving out next month , baby chicken has flower from the nest .... in doing a happy dance inside ....

You got the new pro model? Seems equivalent to mars or spider farmer.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

I have 4 plants 3 of which are over6 ft. Spider Farmer SF4000 and 1 SF1000 for angle shots on my biggest buds. This one is 3 weeks in flower.

I went with Viparspectra I’ve never used led so I thought I’d try them out ... pretty dam good I’ve ordered 2 more 1200 with dimmers on veg n bloom cycle I’ve only 3x3x6 tents the 600w is killing it in the smaller tent . Od now a led user ...

8796EAE4 ACB7 4122 B768 59B2FABD3D78
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I did good then ?

Asking me? I have not used an led light yet. Im following along to learn of options.

I will say that i am not sure i want the spectrum shown for flowering. More blue than i would prefer. Likely amazing for veg.

I am picking though. I want 3000k with only 660nm far red added and i want samsung and cree or osram.

But that will cost 25% more per light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Asking me? I have not used an led light yet. Im following along to learn of options.

I will say that i am not sure i want the spectrum shown for flowering. More blue than i would prefer. Likely amazing for veg.

I am picking though. I want 3000k with only 660nm far red added and i want samsung and cree or osram.

But that will cost 25% more per light.
That would be my pick also

Top Bottom