Which LED's to buy

• Thread starter guymandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

450 real watts for $270 (after the summer discount) is an insanely good deal. That's how much I paid for 320w of kingbrites, shipped.
Do you have any clue ECO Farm warranty policy is? What kills me about the Kingbrites is the 1 year & the likely difficulty of redeeming it.
That ECO Farm 450W is a carbon copy of the SF4000 by these specs, if it has a 3 year I think I would be sold.

450W SFPAR 2048x2048
Glassdub

Glassdub

They have a newer version with no PAR read but a PPFD that is higher on the 450W than on the old 600W 2261.9 umol/s vs 2087 on the older 600, Its got a listed 3 year & is slightly lower price, just wish there were more listed specs, opinions? 🤔

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They have a newer version with no PAR read but a PPFD that is higher on the 450W than on the old 600W 2261.9 umol/s vs 2087 on the older 600, Its got a listed 3 year & is slightly lower price, just wish there were more listed specs, opinions? 🤔

My opinion is professional lighting is not sold this way.

guymandude

guymandude

Maybe you could try our lights. You will get what you pay for.🥳

if your lights put out near what those Mammoth lights put out, in the spectrum they put out, UVb included, in the amounts they put out, I would gladly try your lights. I am looking at your lights for veg, not flower but i do want a veg lighting system that has UVa and UVb output. Do your lights include UV? Yes you get what you pay for which is why i want to buy American made lights with a light spectrum out put that includes UV. Buying Chinese lights is a crap shoot in my opinion.

Seems like eco farm is a retailer for the shenzen factory like many of these cheaper builds. They all have samsung diodes but there are other considerations like matching and bin. I have read in the builder threads at riu that these cost cuts are responsible for many of the problems and premature failures reported.

That said the most positive reviews i see are for meiju and kingbrite. But shipping during flu has gone up and i dont trust the warranty from china.

So I have just cleaned up and kept using my nice hps fixtures and got new ballasts last year on sale half price.

And i might just get 2 more cmh 315’s to go with the one i have and run them to replace the hps.

I need the extra radiant heat half the year here. I keep wondering if i will need a heater during lights on in winter with led’s.

yup, i'll be keeping my HPS for winter to keep the basement warm.
I've actually been thinking about running a HPS lamp from 7 pm to 7 am for heat in winter this coming year. How many square feet do you think one could heat?

running 2K watts of HPS keeps my flower room warm and heats the living room above the flower room too. probably looking at 4 or 500 sqft total.

like i stated earlier, i posted this thread to get opinions on commercial grade LED lighting systems. why do people continually want to post about Kingbrite and Spyder Farmer - very different light than the Spyder Series by Fluence, i might add?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
if your lights put out near what those Mammoth lights put out, in the spectrum they put out, UVb included, in the amounts they put out, I would gladly try your lights. I am looking at your lights for veg, not flower but i do want a veg lighting system that has UVa and UVb output. Do your lights include UV? Yes you get what you pay for which is why i want to buy American made lights with a light spectrum out put that includes UV. Buying Chinese lights is a crap shoot in my opinion.

yup, i'll be keeping my HPS for winter to keep the basement warm.

running 2K watts of HPS keeps my flower room warm and heats the living room above the flower room too. probably looking at 4 or 500 sqft total.

like i stated earlier, i posted this thread to get opinions on commercial grade LED lighting systems. why do people continually want to post about Kingbrite and Spyder Farmer - very different light than the Spyder Series by Fluence, i might add?
Budget hobbyists. I just picked up
Some timbers. Stoked for them.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Those timeber heat sinks look pretty fuckin intimidating how much heat do those lights put off?
From the little
Time I had them on this morning. Dimmed 50% that’s shit was blowing cold air.
Hahah jk nah they run pretty damn cool.

Glassdub

Glassdub

"Which LED's to buy" is not the best title to chose to use in a public forum where people, lowly hobbyists, such as myself maybe looking for advice on what LED to buy.
Just sayin'...

guymandude

guymandude

"Which LED's to buy" is not the best title to chose to use in a public forum where people, lowly hobbyists, such as myself maybe looking for advice on what LED to buy.
Just sayin'...
and if you actually read the first post you'd know that i am not talking about $199 dollar lights.

that being said, I'm going to buy 2 of the Mammoth 8 bar lights. 6 bars of full spectrum LED and 2 bars of UV with a 5 year if it farts wrong they replace it warranty. The took the 10 bar light and reduced it to 6 bars of full spectrum and 2 bars of UV LED's but actually added more LED's to each bar so it actually puts out more light than the 10 bar. thing is a monster and at $1250 each they are less money than Fluence and others but with a better warranty.

Last edited:
guymandude

guymandude

well this purchae has been put on hold. Lost my job over the summer. I'm oonly half a month behind in my mortgage at this point and got another job, not an ideal one but i'm working and bringing in some money. fucking flu

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
3000k red leaning good for flower.

3500k semi balance overall start to finish light.

4000k more blue leaning and good for veg.

Personally I grow with 3000k start to finish because to me the light in flower is more important.

Ideally many would say 4000-5000k veg and 2700-3000k flower.

Yea, for the front room (veg/auto room)I got lm301H 2700k mixed with a few 4000k and a few 660nm reds
In the finishing flower room I'm using the lm301H 2700k and 660nm only.

It's a huge difference.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I bought a viperspecta 600w reflector 2 cycle, it is a good veg light but not a very good flower light, they have upgraded the model and lowerd the price to $150 delivered so i bought another to double my grow space, you can daisy chain them together, it really is a very good veg light at a super low price, never had 1 problem over 3 years or i would not have bought another, for flower i have a California light works cob bloom booster so i only use the viperspecta for veg, great results and you cant beat the price.

20181007 094253
20180926 083000
Palindrome

Palindrome

Does anyone use g8 series led grow lights????
Yes - I've used their mid-level LED light (450, vedge&flower) with an extra flower booster (UFO light) for the past 3 years (5 grows) in a 3x3 tent - flawless, high yields, short internodes - very high quality lighting. I use it in my males tent. I bought what was purported to be one of the best at the time. I'm now adding a 5x5 tent and purchasing one of the newer G8 models with COB and really good PAR and efficacy ratings: G8-C3 light. Yes it is pricey. You can check it out at dormgro.com I'm breeding. This is for my female tent so I'm fussy - want the best and want every inch of tent capable of holding a flowering plant through the cycle. I like this light because the flower booster is built in and there are two modes: vedge (550W draw) and flower (630W draw?) with additional red spectrum - efficient use of the light electrical consumption. There are certainly more economical solutions for lighting up my 5x5 but G8 has earned my respect - they deliver with grow results. The C3 specs blow my older unit out of the water, on paper. I can only imagine the "bump" in performance I'll get from this new light. I looked around extensively (Nov 2020) and although there are other excellent quantum boards on the market and at lower prices, I really could not find anything better for a 5x5 tent. I could find cheaper options, however (Rayonled, Spyder, HLG, Gavita, Electric Sky, etc.). As has been said: G8 prices higher and G8 builds to a very high quality standard and most important...backs up their product (particularly in North America). I get the sense these guys over-build and under-run their equipment in order to ensure long life. I can relate to that mentality: under-promise and over deliver. Bottom line: results.

Top Bottom