Which Nutrient is causing issue? (good Pics!)

• Thread starter Paul Mc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Paul Mc

I apologise to the cannabis god for what i've done to my lovely ladies.

Humidty at 50-65%, 5 weeks vegging, Soil runoff of 6.5 ph water is 6.4.
CFL and HPS plants all have the same symptoms.
Canna Pro soil.

symptoms: Old leaves become burnt looking but im barely feeding them. New leaves affected next. Middle leaves almost seem to get away the longest without the damage.
Red stems and veins.
Yellow tips on every edge tip and side tips.
purple splotches where death begins to appear.
Leaves eventually go brown in most of them and dry and crisp to death.

New leaves look a little limey. but some are developing purple tips/necrosis.

This happens to all my plants when they get a few weeks old.
Here are the pics.

Which nutrient is causing issue good pics
Which nutrient is causing issue good pics 2
Which nutrient is causing issue good pics 3
Which nutrient is causing issue good pics 4
Which nutrient is causing issue good pics 5
kweezy420

kweezy420

im also experiencing this. Its only with one strain tho, even the same strain in my veg is suffering.. the other strain in the flower tent next to it is growing normally.. i wonder if its a nute lock out

M

Mitygrows

looks to me like over wateringtry to let the soil dry out and then waterdo this for a week or 2 and see how they do

P

Paul Mc

looks to me like over wateringtry to let the soil dry out and then waterdo this for a week or 2 and see how they do

I've tried that a few times but it didnt seem to help. if anything, they got worst. I've a 50-50 perlite soil mix so its quite aerated and i have air cages pumping 2L air per min during daylight hours.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

what are the runoff ppms? could be just underfed due to the all over yellowing. I like around 800 ppms for a great standard after they get some legs

P

Paul Mc

what are the runoff ppms? could be just underfed due to the all over yellowing. I like around 800 ppms for a great standard after they get some legs

Hi, I do not have a ppm meter so I can't check unfortunately. Its happening in another tent too which is recieving high bloom food. There is olny yellowing on some leaves. Alot of middle and older leaves are perfectily green and don't seem to change like a nitro def.

I'm feeding this plant
Canna Terra 2ml/L
Rhizontonic 2ml/L

I think tonight i will try add some epsom salts to some affected plants. Incase its a mag def but with red stems due to something else.
I will flush this particular plant out very well and if its a mag def, it will get sicker but the others will get better. That'll confirm it.

I added lots of lime at potting to the soil to keep PH at 6.5. I would of thought that would add mag enough to satisfy her.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If overwatering is absolutely not a concern, then I suggest upping the food (I'm not familiar at all w/this fert!). The red stems and leaf tip necrosis look most like P- to me, the overall sickly yellow-green color indicates a N-. There are plants in which you'll see those colored petioles and that can be another indicator for N-, so overall it sounds like you need to increase the feed.

Increase to 4mls/gal, see what happens. Do this twice, and if you can please show pix again so we can compare. Use same lighting conditions, time of day if possible, etc, for best comparison.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Reason i suggested food was al the same reasons sea suggested. Rust spots, yellowing an purple stems. All signs of defiencies of lack of food. May i suggest a ppm pen so you know if theyre eating an how much.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The look like they need nutrients, 1st thing that poped in my head was P, others said N and that makes sense too.

You said your giving the other plants with the same symptoms a high bloom nute, could you please specify which fert and how much. Even show pics if possible.

D

dutchman

symptoms: Old leaves become burnt looking but im barely feeding them. New leaves affected next. Middle leaves almost seem to get away the longest without the damage.
Red stems and veins..

This has nothing to do with feeding, it is a fungus, most probaly fusarium. This fungus comes from infected soil or from walls, woods and cardboard, paper. It is getting worse when you feed nitrogen.

Check the "Fungal" thread here....

There is little hope......

P

Paul Mc

Thanks for all the input guys.
I've broken the tent into 3 groups.
first group, water with epsom salts + same food
seconde group water with 2X food (4ml/L Canna terra vega, 1ml/L bloom) the extra bloom just for the higher P. They are still in veg.

third group (just 1 plant), just some water.

I'll be sure to get back in about 4-5 days and let you all know how they're looking. Thanks

P

Paul Mc

The look like they need nutrients, 1st thing that poped in my head was P, others said N and that makes sense too.

You said your giving the other plants with the same symptoms a high bloom nute, could you please specify which fert and how much. Even show pics if possible.
I am giving my flowering plants 4ml/L Canna Flores, 1ml/L terra vega.

i've just started adding 0.2ml/L Bloombastic so have dropped the flores to 2ml/ and will increase it again. The bloombastic is high in P/K

P

Paul Mc

I'm tempted to use the Canna flores rather than the Vega.

Flores = 2-2-4, vega = 2-1-2
If im having a P- issue, would the flores be better than the vegga to correct it?

silverhaze

silverhaze

This has nothing to do with feeding, it is a fungus, most probaly fusarium. This fungus comes from infected soil or from walls, woods and cardboard, paper. It is getting worse when you feed nitrogen.

Check the "Fungal" thread here....

There is little hope......

He could be right here. You'll know if the leaves continue to yellow and die but don't fall off. Also, check your roots for browning.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I am giving my flowering plants 4ml/L Canna Flores, 1ml/L terra vega.

i've just started adding 0.2ml/L Bloombastic so have dropped the flores to 2ml/ and will increase it again. The bloombastic is high in P/K

If they are underfed that should clear things up, good luck and hopefully its not a fungal issue, that would suck.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm tempted to use the Canna flores rather than the Vega.

Flores = 2-2-4, vega = 2-1-2
If im having a P- issue, would the flores be better than the vegga to correct it?

If they are in veg, I would just stick with the veg formula because the flower formula probably has different micros that isn't optimal during veg. If they need more P the roots will uptake it when its there, as long as the pH is within optimal range and you got other factors dialed in.

It might not be a deficiency from not using enough nutrients because about 8 ml/G should be sufficient, unless you give too much plain water in between feedings. At first I thought it was 2 ml/G, but then realized it was per L, so if they are underfed the necrosis will stop progressing and new growth will look good, but don't expect old necrotic spots to heal.

D

dutchman

It might not be a deficiency from not using enough nutrients because about 8 ml/G should be sufficient, unless you give too much plain water in between feedings. At first I thought it was 2 ml/G, but then realized it was per L, so if they are underfed the necrosis will stop progressing and new growth will look good, but don't expect old necrotic spots to heal.

It is a deficiency caused by fungi most probably fusarium. The fungus blocks the nutrient uptake. We see this shit everywhere now. Got it from high class commercial seeds here even...look EXACTLY the same...Very scary. I begin to wonder where this nasty shit is coming from.......

I you give more nutrients it will worsen the disease, especially with nitrogen

But usually this fungus lives in wood, cardboard, old walls, soil......Some strains seem to be immune, some fall like leaves in novembre.....

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
You can feed it all you want but if your PH of your medium is out of range, then your plant will not be able to use the nutrients. Have you checked the PH of your runoff when feeding????

D

dutchman

You can feed it all you want but if your PH of your medium is out of range, then your plant will not be able to use the nutrients. Have you checked the PH of your runoff when feeding????

Have you ever seen a PH disbalance causes a disease like this? With obvious fungus spots etc?

Top Bottom