White dwarf nutrients

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iamachavvy

I am currently growing a White dwarf from seed which I ordered online and which arrived as stated by the website so thanks. I am growing using a mix of 50% organic soil and 50% perlite. the soil has enough nutrients to last for around 6 weeks according to the packaging. I was wondering if this is reduced due to mixing the soil with perlite? and I would also be grateful on any advice on which nutrients to add myself? I am currently 1 month into my grow and I am growing the autoflowering White dwarf :)

C

CT Guy

Typically, perlite is used at around 20-30% of the mix. It's an inert substance that won't provide any nutrients or cec exchange. Did you add perlite to a commercial soil? Would probably need more info to give any advice....

I

iamachavvy

yes, i realised perlite was added at around 20-30% about 3 weeks after i had started my plants, and i didnt want to risk trying to reduce the perlite in the soil or start the plants again as that would be a waste of my precious seeds :) So far though and so good, the plants are growing well in the mix, i just want something to give it that extra kick in the last parts of growth to maximise my crop.

Top Bottom