White Widow SCROG

• Thread starter Cannaculture
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Merci beaucoup, although it takes a special kind of plonker to ruin things this early in ;)
I would agree in principal however I've seen it happen. New growers can't wait to start dumping things on their girls as soon as they see real leaves! I was one of them lol! I have fried many a plant at that stage! Lol.

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

I would agree in principal however I've seen it happen. New growers can't wait to start dumping things on their girls as soon as they see real leaves! I was one of them lol! I have fried many a plant at that stage! Lol.

The second I pressed the post reply button I thought to myself, I bet you come back to me and say that you've done the exact thing I called people plonkers for - bloody Sod's Law!

green bastard

green bastard

Thanks GB. After seeing your diary though I fear my efforts might be a little underwhelming!

It's nice to be back Don, a little older and wiser this time I hope! Thank you for stopping in and saying hello, hope all is well upon your farm.

Wow, thanks Tnelz! What a gent. I do strive to be a good farmer. To be honest, this site inspires a lot of my passion. Seriously, being able interact with people who grow the sorts of plants you see on here is fantastic. I've seen flowers of a quality I never dreamed existed.

I want to be that good, so I thought I'd surround myself with my betters, it's the only way to improve at anything. Same as I always like to play golf against a lower handicap player. That way if I beat or come equal to him, i've bettered myself.

Also, thanks for the tips on the nutrients. Quite reassuring to know that i'm doing the correct thing as it allows me to concentrate slightly more on getting my environment more stable.

Much respect my good man!
dont be so foolish your doin just fine bro!....very nice lookin plants you have!....everything takes time homie compared to some of the growers here mine sucks lol!.....stay positive man and everything will fall into place!

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

dont be so foolish your doin just fine bro!....very nice lookin plants you have!....everything takes time homie compared to some of the growers here mine sucks lol!.....stay positive man and everything will fall into place!

Thanks GB, the feedback is really appreciated!! However, even measured against the highest of standards, I don't think any of your endeavours could ever be described as sucking!!

Take it easy fellow Farmer.

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

Day 10 - still ticking along nicely.

I'm happy that they aren't stretching too much either. I've seen, and even had, seedlings grow like a beanstalks so am pleased that these have stayed quite compact. Thus far anyway.

IMG 20140128 200950

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

Day 15 -

All is well with two of my plants but one has begun to display some brown spots on it's lowest set of fan leaves. I intitally took this to be a Ca deficiency but, after further reading, think perhaps I diagnosed in error. If my understanding is correct, Ca is immobile and so therefore would display in the new growth as opposed to the old?

It also drifted across my mind that maybe they're just some blemmishes that have occured naturally. Any thoughts on this would be most welcome.

So, in order to combat what I thought was the Ca def. I fed them a 1/4 dose of Canna Vega.

IMG 20140131 184221

IMG 20140131 184403

Day 16 -

I noticed roots coming through the drain holes on each of my pots so decided it was a good a time as any to rehome them to roomier pastures. I also thought this might help if there were any deficiencies as the new soil would be nice and rich and full of anything lacking.

So, my soil is Plant Magic and I mixed 2:1 with perlite into 1 gallon smart pots.

I also switch up to my 400w HPS and started the 18/6 cycle.

All pretty mundane at the moment so am just hoping the brown spots begin to fade away soon.

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

Stems are looking nice and thick, mine are about the same age, I have a 600w HPS on them but mine are a bit stretchier.

Thanks Free! I always start my seeds under a CFL. As they have a much lower heat signature you can get them much closer to the top of the plants which can help prevent stretching.

It's looking nice your end though bro. That space will fill in fast!

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

I bet they will thank you for the new bigger shoes too.. looking good bro.. I wouldn't sweat the spots.. Best DP..

burn4me

burn4me

:cool:here for the show:cool:
any popcorn?
looks good Canna. you give a noob like me hope sir.....
also i know im a super noob so this might not hold weight for you but after looking into VEG+BLOOM nute. it looks awesome. one stop shop type deal. just for shits and giggles look it up...good luck

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

:cool:here for the show:cool:
any popcorn?
looks good Canna. you give a noob like me hope sir.....
also i know im a super noob so this might not hold weight for you but after looking into VEG+BLOOM nute. it looks awesome. one stop shop type deal. just for shits and giggles look it up...good luck

Thanks Burn! I will look into that nutrient though. I keep my pretty simple right now but am looking to get more things in the line up for the future

Healthy little plants bro! Pulling up a seat for this one..

Much obliged Monkeymun, I hope my efforts prove entertaining!

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

So, here are a couple of pictures to keep things updated whilst we wait for them to get big enough to start training.

I topped the two on the left and FIM'ed the one on the right. Judging by the plants reactions so far I think i'm just going to experiement with FIM'ing from here on out as it seems to be yielding more dense growth as a result.

I also fed them a 1/4 dose of the Vega.

Not much doing, but no news is good news.

IMG 0031

IMG 0035

Top Bottom