Who can help me?

• Thread starter JASONBROTHER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

My hydroponics and aeroponics both uses pure water(ppm 20-27 per-gallon),+EH nutrient part2 lane,with calmag. The water temperature is always 19 °
The pH value always increases. For example, after changing the water, I adjusted the pH value to 5.8, and then waited for 24 hours, and the pH value was between 6.8-7.2,

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
In Rez? I’m presuming.
What nute line? What ppm you starting off with?
And i usually adjust ph by letting my Rez sit over night with air stones to let her settle out. Then ph down to adjust after I mix my batch

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

In Rez? I’m presuming.
What nute line? What ppm you starting off with?
And i usually adjust ph by letting my Rez sit over night with air stones to let her settle out. Then ph down to adjust after I mix my batch
THS,Bro, to do me a favor.
my ppm of RO water staring around 20-25per gallon.
After I change the water every time, I wait for the water circulation system to run stably for a while, and then I start to adjust the pH, and then mix with the nutrient solution,(i am using EH 2 PART nutrient solution)Then by the next day, the pH will definitely change to 7.

I also specially mix nutrient solution for coco and rock wool plants. Then the next day, the water in the nutrient solution, pH, will definitely become 7, so I found that even after I adjusted pH and prepared the nutrient solution, pH will definitely rise to 7 the next day

So I guess it's either the water problem or the nutrient solution problem,

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
THS,Bro, to do me a favor.
my ppm of RO water staring around 20-25per gallon.
After I change the water every time, I wait for the water circulation system to run stably for a while, and then I start to adjust the pH, and then mix with the nutrient solution,(i am using EH 2 PART nutrient solution)Then by the next day, the pH will definitely change to 7.

I also specially mix nutrient solution for coco and rock wool plants. Then the next day, the water in the nutrient solution, pH, will definitely become 7, so I found that even after I adjusted pH and prepared the nutrient solution, pH will definitely rise to 7 the next day

So I guess it's either the water problem or the nutrient solution problem,
Sounds like a latent solution fallout, salts take a while to come into “solution” and it’s raising the ph? Have had that happen with a some lines of nutes in the past

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Cal-Mag has a tendency to raise the Ph by itself. When Cal-Mag is mixed in with a nutrient with a lot of phosphorus, the two can react to create Calcium Phosphate, which is a calcium based mineral, similar in some ways to calcium carbonate... which will raise the Ph. I think that you should let the water sit alone without anything in it except for the Ph adjuster and give it a try. Add the nutrients and cal-mag right before use.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok let's start with doing it in the right order.

RO water, add 100-150ppm of cal/mag, then add desired ppm of nutrients, then ph down to desired ppm.

Now I'm betting it's your ph down. Can you take a picture of the ingredients? You will want phosphoric acid based ph down. If it's citric it breaks down very fast and you will see those big ph swings over 24 hrs

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Cal-Mag has a tendency to raise the Ph by itself. When Cal-Mag is mixed in with a nutrient with a lot of phosphorus, the two can react to create Calcium Phosphate, which is a calcium based mineral, similar in some ways to calcium carbonate... which will raise the Ph. I think that you should let the water sit alone without anything in it except for the Ph adjuster and give it a try. Add the nutrients and cal-mag right before use.
hello , bro
I'm glad to hear from you。
I know that calmag affects pH,
And I also went to adjust pH every time when the water was ready. After all the nutrient solutions were mixed, I put calmag in the last step, and then tested pH. unfortunately, the pH changed to 6.5-7.0 the next day, so I think it should be the problem of emerald harvest 2 part

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Sounds like a latent solution fallout, salts take a while to come into “solution” and it’s raising the ph? Have had that happen with a some lines of nutes in the past
THS , Bro
In fact,there are a lot of solution fallout, When I readjust the pH the next day, I use chopsticks to stir them, and I find a lot of them,

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hello , bro
I'm glad to hear from you。
I know that calmag affects pH,
And I also went to adjust pH every time when the water was ready. After all the nutrient solutions were mixed, I put calmag in the last step, and then tested pH. unfortunately, the pH changed to 6.5-7.0 the next day, so I think it should be the problem of emerald harvest 2 part
Ph should be adjusted very last after all other additions. With the exception of silica

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Ok let's start with doing it in the right order.

RO water, add 100-150ppm of cal/mag, then add desired ppm of nutrients, then ph down to desired ppm.

Now I'm betting it's your ph down. Can you take a picture of the ingredients? You will want phosphoric acid based ph down. If it's citric it breaks down very fast and you will see those big ph swings over 24 hrs
ths , bro
i will try u right order,
but "RO water, add 100-150ppm of cal/mag, then add desired ppm of nutrients, then ph down to desired ppm."
When the purified water is ready,shoud i adjust ph ,(6.0-6.2)? ,after calmag step,should i again adjust ph?
the ingredients belong to emerald harvest part 2 nutrient solution series

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you post a pic of the ingredients on the label of the ph down you are using?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

No... Adjust ph once only and do that last
okay, You're my life saver,
I was planting for the first time. It was two months ago that the process was very fortunate, and I paid a lot of money from equipment to seed (180RMB for female one ). Then we bought a set of foggy barrels for commercial tidal current cultivation.

The buds on April 1, my plant, will be in bloom in another week. Thank you very much,

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Can you post a pic of the ingredients on the label of the ph down you are using?
now , i useding GH,ph down)
Last night, I still followed my own method: pure water, pH adjustment, nutrient solution + calmag. Finally, when I reached pH (usually pH down), I measured pH at 5:00 this afternoon. PH reached 6.5

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I'll look it up. Remove the leaves resting on the lid. They will not transpire well and be an invite for pests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom